Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
WbgCQHI.jpg

Last edited:

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
things changed with Gar a couple years back when he actually called out Paxson for the move Gar was getting blamed for.
Finally get Melo and let him walk paying him 3 million. Paid Wade 20 million to leave, paid Rondo to leave.

Players make more money to leave than they do to stay.

Either way, I am surprised Gar has made it this far.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Didn't realize Michael was so short.

But yeah demoting Gar and hiring someone else as GM while leaving Paxson as VP isn't enough. I suppose i could be okay with both remaining with the org if its an absolute must but they should be stripped of any decision making power.
I don't even trust Gar as a scout. The players he's picked have all been terrible

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
interesting timing on season ticket letter written by Mike Reinsdorf. They want commitments to next year by March 11th to get a 10% down and 5 payment deal.

Where is the commitment to the team?

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
interesting timing on season ticket letter written by Mike Reinsdorf. They want commitments to next year by March 11th to get a 10% down and 5 payment deal.

Where is the commitment to the team?
Are you a season ticket holder?

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Stix holders get all kinds of discount alerts, unless they are predicting a deep playoff run, then maybe it's only reserved for lower level seating. I haven't had a single year since having season tickets, or after I canceled, that I haven't gotten early bird offers of some sort.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Presti is a solid upgrade, scratch that, a huge upgrade. But he may have already peaked.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
If Presti actually came to Chicago, that would be a great sign that Michael has grown a spine. Someone like Presti will not come to Chicago if he has to report to Paxson. Maybe they're finally ready to reduce Pax role.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Presti would be a big upgrade, even if he's peaked. The question then becomes will the luxury tax again tear apart his young core?

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Are you a season ticket holder?
yes, my kids go to the games. We started on the corner where they took out the first 6 rows for a bar, then eventually got as far to the middle as we can get before the price goes up a grand. Right now they are at the end of the 8th row, so only about 7 seats away from as close as they will allow with the lowest package. We list about 30 games, only got one game bought this year because someone wanted to see the knicks.

If you cancel, you start back at the top middle and have to upgrade to get closer. That is the only thing that keeps us renewing. Last year I told them I was going to cancel and they let me pay for 5 games at a time, then pay for the next 5 games. Otherwise you had to reup to get playoff seats. Now that they know they are out of the playoffs again, they do this 10% down and 5 payments when there are what, 8 games left without having a plan for the future?

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Presti would be a big upgrade, even if he's peaked. The question then becomes will the luxury tax again tear apart his young core?
That's a good problem to have. Right now we have nobody worth a a max contract. If we had multiple guys warranting a max deal I'd take that. We can shitcan this whole roster and I wouldn't bat an eye although I do like Lavine and White.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Trying to Out-Doylan.

Next, they are going to make Randy Brown the new GM, because nobody with half a brain would dare touch this team.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
watch boylen/gar/pax gets another chance because of the NBA shutdown.
It's the perfect excuse for M.R