I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I swear you guys would be happy if the Bulls just had a 7 man roster with the starting 5 + Caruso and Ayo. No one else. Good lord.

You'd think Caruso and Ayo are first ballot HOF'ers at this point lol
Hardly. I think just some of us recognize a back up big guy that can play a little bit is more valuable to this bulls roster than coby white is. They don’t need another guard. They have guards. That’s all anyone is saying. Caruso and Ayo combined can provide anything coby can provide

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I swear you guys would be happy if the Bulls just had a 7 man roster with the starting 5 + Caruso and Ayo. No one else. Good lord.

You'd think Caruso and Ayo are first ballot HOF'ers at this point lol
This is kind of a bizarre take. But yeah sure

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Ayo has certainly earned his playing time, that said, Coby is going to get his, though I can see his minutes staying small until he's up to speed. At that point they'll test his true role off the bench and we'll see what happens.

It is possible for Coby, Ayo, and Caruso to play at the same time as well.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
It isn’t rocket science, that’s correct. Just plain addition

also, what we mean about players losing minutes is you took 8 minutes a game away from Caruso and 7 minutes a game from green to give coby his 15 minutes.

cobys minutes have to come from someone whomst is currently getting them. It isn’t rocket science to understand this. There’s 48 minutes and 5 players at any given time. They have to be played by someone…or are you suggesting the bulls are playing with only 4 guys at times until coby gets back to fill those minutes?! LOL

But I didnt take minutes away from anybody

You are taking their season high in minutes and basically using them a baseline

Ayo plays 10 games and usually gets 17 mpg but one game he gets 24 and now suddenly hes gonna lay 24 mpg ?

There are 48 mpg position on the court and I just gave you a blueprint for that and as usual you have a problem with facts because they could use that blueprint and then it shake's down to how well you do on the court as to whether you get more minutes which has been the case the first 10 games which is why none of them are averaging over 20 mpg

Green averages 19 mpg on the season but somehow because he played 29 last game he now averages 27 mpg ?

Caruso has been averaging 27 mpg and since Pats injury his minutes actually went up but hes also 2-11 from three in his last 4 games so the increase in minutes haven't led to more productivity but instead is pushing him to the fringes of his most effective role

That somehow you think that we cant find some minutes for a guy who averages 14 ppg and has made 300 threes and 500 assists is simply a ridiculous argument. on all levels .

I doing even understand how this is even a discussion at this point as if guys have earned lifetime guaranteed minutes after 10 games ....

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Ayo has certainly earned his playing time, that said, Coby is going to get his, though I can see his minutes staying small until he's up to speed. At that point they'll test his true role off the bench and we'll see what happens.

It is possible for Coby, Ayo, and Caruso to play at the same time as well.

Apparently not

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Apparently not
lol, I just don't understand the anti-Coby White stuff. At least let him play.

For every game Ayo has like the other night against Brooklyn there's nights he doesn't do much like against Philly...when clearly some bench scoring could be needed. If Coby can come in and provide that and not get annihilated on the other end of the game, I think he certainly has a role on this team.

The thing is we won't know until we see it. All we can do is speculate. And I guess from my point of view is, I don't view this team as a championship team, so I'm not preparing for one. I'm still willing to experiment and see how things work out. I don't view this as a rush against time to win a championship this year.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
lol, I just don't understand the anti-Coby White stuff. At least let him play.

For every game Ayo has like the other night against Brooklyn there's nights he doesn't do much like against Philly...when clearly some bench scoring could be needed. If Coby can come in and provide that and not get annihilated on the other end of the game, I think he certainly has a role on this team.

The thing is we won't know until we see it. All we can do is speculate. And I guess from my point of view is, I don't view this team as a championship team, so I'm not preparing for one. I'm still willing to experiment and see how things work out. I don't view this as a rush against time to win a championship this year.

No one does, the roster and FO and coaching are obv vastly improved and the franchise is trending in the right direction, but the current team is also light years away from challenging for a championship.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
No one does, the roster and FO and coaching are obv vastly improved and the franchise is trending in the right direction, but the current team is also light years away from challenging for a championship.
The one poster who seems to be against Coby White getting minutes seems to think this team could be a championship squad as well, though acknowledges he may be naive / gullible about it.

Last edited:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'd consider this team a dark horse candidate to come out of the East at best. I'm fully expecting a 2nd round exit, but that is miles and miles ahead of where we were at just last year. Like Scoot I think we should figure out what we really have with this group and make adjustments in the offseason to fill in the gaps and see if that gets us into that contender category in the future

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
The one poster who seems to be against Coby White getting minutes seems to think this team could be a championship squad as well, though acknowledges he may be naive / gullible about it.
I also said that they would be if they got a solid back up big man

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
But I didnt take minutes away from anybody

You are taking their season high in minutes and basically using them a baseline

Ayo plays 10 games and usually gets 17 mpg but one game he gets 24 and now suddenly hes gonna lay 24 mpg ?

There are 48 mpg position on the court and I just gave you a blueprint for that and as usual you have a problem with facts because they could use that blueprint and then it shake's down to how well you do on the court as to whether you get more minutes which has been the case the first 10 games which is why none of them are averaging over 20 mpg

Green averages 19 mpg on the season but somehow because he played 29 last game he now averages 27 mpg ?

Caruso has been averaging 27 mpg and since Pats injury his minutes actually went up but hes also 2-11 from three in his last 4 games so the increase in minutes haven't led to more productivity but instead is pushing him to the fringes of his most effective role

That somehow you think that we cant find some minutes for a guy who averages 14 ppg and has made 300 threes and 500 assists is simply a ridiculous argument. on all levels .

I doing even understand how this is even a discussion at this point as if guys have earned lifetime guaranteed minutes after 10 games ....
Lol you actually believe minutes don’t have to be taken away from anyone to get coby his minutes

you’re special

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Who do you have in mind? I have a hard time seeing a backup big making that level of difference, but maybe the type of player I'm thinking of isn't what you're thinking of.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Who do you have in mind? I have a hard time seeing a backup big making that level of difference, but maybe the type of player I'm thinking of isn't what you're thinking of.
Unfortunately, it’ll be tough to matchup a lot of these salaries with a realistic package, but players I’d look at (no particular order):

Bobby Portis
Thad Young
OG Anunoby
Jerami Grant
Christian Woods
Mo Bamba
Marcus Morris
PJ Washington
Miles Bridges
Bol Bol
Montrezl Harrell

not sure how realistic any of those guys are, but all would help the bulls

Last edited:

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Any chance the bulls could go get KAT and a PF from Minnesota? I assume a package would start with Vuc and Coby. Not sure if it is realistic at all

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I don't think a backup PF/C is what is the difference between championship or not. The team doesn't even have a starting PF.

But you and I also think very differently on Zach Lavine.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

i would add favors to the list along with a lot of the names mentioned by @Enasic
I don't think a backup PF/C is what is the difference between championship or not. The team doesn't even have a starting PF.

But you and I also think very differently on Zach Lavine.
They need a big guy that can come in and hold down the paint and get rebounds. Help the bench guys get out in transition for easier buckets

this is a year where there isn’t really the clear cut better teams out there. The warriors might very well be that, but that doesn’t limit the bulls from going for the eastern conference championship this season. We’ve talked about the East recently, and I still stand by how I feel about the competition in the East for the bulls

get a big man like I’ve discussed, and it’ll help the bulls against a team like the 76ers, should they get matched up with them come playoff time. Same could be said for if/when they play the knicks and bucks.

they just showed that they can absolutely play with the nets, so why not start planning/thinking for a run to the finals?

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
i would add favors to the list along with a lot of the names mentioned by @Enasic

They need a big guy that can come in and hold down the paint and get rebounds. Help the bench guys get out in transition for easier buckets

this is a year where there isn’t really the clear cut better teams out there. The warriors might very well be that, but that doesn’t limit the bulls from going for the eastern conference championship this season. We’ve talked about the East recently, and I still stand by how I feel about the competition in the East for the bulls

get a big man like I’ve discussed, and it’ll help the bulls against a team like the 76ers, should they get matched up with them come playoff time. Same could be said for if/when they play the knicks and bucks.

they just showed that they can absolutely play with the nets, so why not start planning/thinking for a run to the finals?
Because I don't take much actual stock in single regular season games. I like a good portion of the season to go by before I jump on to anything. I think closer to trade deadline time would be the time to make a move, depending on how the team is still performing at that time.

As for me personally... Do I think the Bulls can be competitive? Yes. Do I think acquiring a PF would increase their chances? Yes.

Do I think they're gonna beat Kevin Durant or Giannis 4 times in the playoffs? No. Granted we'll have to wait awhile before we even see how this team matches up with Milwaukee. We also have yet to see how they match up with the Heat.

And they did fail their Sixers test, and perhaps, like you said, a PF would change that. Also perhaps some more scoring offense could have changed that too.

I also don't feel like there's really been a clear cut team for several seasons now. Really, since LeBron left the East it's been that way. In 2019 the only thing everyone knew is that the Warriors would be in the Finals.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They've been dodging the bullet but eventually having a 6'4" guard playing PF will bite you in the ass....might be as early as tonight going up against Porziņģis.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Because I don't take much actual stock in single regular season games. I like a good portion of the season to go by before I jump on to anything. I think closer to trade deadline time would be the time to make a move, depending on how the team is still performing at that time.

As for me personally... Do I think the Bulls can be competitive? Yes. Do I think acquiring a PF would increase their chances? Yes.

Do I think they're gonna beat Kevin Durant or Giannis 4 times in the playoffs? No. Granted we'll have to wait awhile before we even see how this team matches up with Milwaukee. We also have yet to see how they match up with the Heat.

And they did fail their Sixers test, and perhaps, like you said, a PF would change that. Also perhaps some more scoring offense could have changed that too.

I also don't feel like there's really been a clear cut team for several seasons now. Really, since LeBron left the East it's been that way. In 2019 the only thing everyone knew is that the Warriors would be in the Finals.
Bulls have the number 4 and 5 scorers in the league right now, I believe. They can compete with anyone if they have the right complement of players around them. Especially when, like you agree, there’s no clear cut team out there right now

and I’m not saying a move has to be made right now. Just that they should be actively looking around and getting feelers out there in case the right situation comes around. It could end up being a guy that gets bought out even. But getting another big on this roster that can play is important nonetheless