Bulls Postseason Grades

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
From A to F, how would you rate the performance of the Bulls players and Thibs during the playoffs?

Mine:

Rose: B
Butler: A-
Dunleavy: C
Gasol: C
Noah: D
Brooks: E-
Hinrich: D+
Snell: C
Gibson: C-
Mirotic: E-
Thibs: C

Last edited:

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Rose: B
Butler: A-
Dunleavy: C
Gasol: B
Noah: D
Brooks: C
Hinrich: F
Snell: C
Mirotic: C+
Thibs: D

Rose did what I expected plus some. He had some big big games, especially in the playoffs. He's done some things I really did not ever expect to see him do again. So for that, he gets above average.

Butler obviously exceeded all expectations.

Dunleavy did what we needed, too many games though he simply disappeared.

Gasol was a pleasant surprise, as I wasn't expecting that out of him. He still is a defensive liability, but whatever.

Noah regressed terribly this season.

Brooks did about what I expected, and the grade would be a B, but he sucked horribly in the playoffs.

Hinrich doesn't belong in the NBA anymore.

Snell progressed well as the season went on, but failed to get consistent playing time with Thibs as coach.

Gibson regressed this year as well, but no where as bad as Noah.

Niko was up and down this season as well. He had a really good March but as the team got healthy he became worse. He struggled mightily in the playoffs.

Thibs coached a pretty poor season in a season that looked like the team no longer cared to play every game like it was Game 7. Unfortunately that seemed to carry over into the playoffs.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Noah and Mirotic were big time disappointments in the playoffs

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Mirotic was OK in round 1. Then he hurt his knee. He sucked in round 2 for sure.

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
To clearify: I mean grades for the playoffs, not the regular season! :)

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'd give Rose and Butler A's. Rose was about as you can get after not playing for 3 years. Maybe I knock him down to a B or B+ because of his shot selection in the Milwaukee series, but...meh. Not much to complain about on my end. Butler was also pretty consistent. Our best player imo.

Gasol gets a B-. Good Milwaukee series for the latter half and he was a big part of our two wins in the Cavs series. He has his flaws, but we knew what we were getting.

No one else gets above a C.

Silverwulf

Liked Posts:
Rose: D-
Butler: B-
Dunleavy: B-
Gasol: C+
Noah: D-
Brooks: C
Hinrich: D+
Snell: B-
Mirotic: C+
Thibs: F

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
Harsh words on Hinrich. I at least thought he stepped it up in the playoffs. He caused turnovers and played nuts on d. He just doesn't have it anymore. I'll at least give him a C because he played better than RS.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ooops. I still give Hinrich an F.
I'll give him an F+ for shooting 47% from the field and 60% from 3 in 13mpg. Highest postseason TS% of his career lol

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'll give him an F+ for shooting 47% from the field and 60% from 3 in 13mpg. Highest postseason TS% of his career lol
He actually shot well in that Cleveland series, which tells us how bad the rest of our bench was. His defense was still awful though.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Harsh words on Hinrich. I at least thought he stepped it up in the playoffs. He caused turnovers and played nuts on d. He just doesn't have it anymore. I'll at least give him a C because he played better than RS.
Disagree. JR Smith hit most of his three's with Hinrich guarding him. Hinrich kept leaving him with just enough space.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Disagree. JR Smith hit most of his three's with Hinrich guarding him. Hinrich kept leaving him with just enough space.
I think JR hit over everyone that guarded him. Hinrich's were probably especially bad because he helped off of him and couldn't recover in time. Snell did a decent job, but JR just drilled shots in his face. Mirotic generally was lost.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think JR hit over everyone that guarded him. Hinrich's were probably especially bad because he helped off of him and couldn't recover in time. Snell did a decent job, but JR just drilled shots in his face. Mirotic generally was lost.
My point still stands that his defense is subpar now because he's simply too old to move like he use to. Its time for him to go away.