Bulls Pre-Season Thread!

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I never saw it with Williams but remained open to be patient due to his age and some attributes. I’m still open…still not sold one bit…but I’ll give him this season. Need to see it this year or at least consistent flashes

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I never saw it with Williams but remained open to be patient due to his age and some attributes. I’m still open…still not sold one bit…but I’ll give him this season. Need to see it this year or at least consistent flashes
I didn't watch any of his rookie year, but would read about people reporting his flashes and what not. I saw none of it last year that would indicates he's anything more than a role player (Granted he was injured most of the season). So, hopefully he can stay healthy this year, and show us what he actually is going to be.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I didn't watch any of his rookie year, but would read about people reporting his flashes and what not. I saw none of it last year that would indicates he's anything more than a role player (Granted he was injured most of the season). So, hopefully he can stay healthy this year, and show us what he actually is going to be.
I said it during his rookie year…he’s much closer to Luol Deng than Kawhi Leonard…and at this point Deng is optimistic. Hopefully Pat plays with some fire and confidence this season and shows out

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Everyone will be clamoring to blow up this team after this season, I see no other outcome. Team ain't going nowhere without a superstar

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
After watching Victor Wembanyama and Scoot Henderson, if you aren't likely to win a championship this year, you're best off tanking and hoping you land in the top 2.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
After watching Victor Wembanyama and Scoot Henderson, if you aren't likely to win a championship this year, you're best off tanking and hoping you land in the top 2.
Im hoping the Lakers absolutely implode. Pels have swap rights to their pick. A player can dream

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
Im hoping the Lakers absolutely implode. Pels have swap rights to their pick. A player can dream
Can you imagine getting to watch Zion, Brandon Ingram and Wembanyama on the same team for the next decade plus? That'd be insane.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Solid chance of that as I have no idea how the Lakers intend to be any better than last season. LeBron would have to play like a younger version of himself and actually play like an All-Defensive 1st guy again. Oh, and Westbrook would just simply need to never shoot the ball again.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Everyone down on PWill and basically giving up on him is pretty entertaining

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don’t need superstar.

I do need him to get 10 double doubles and be close to 15 and 10 every night.

15 and 8 would be encouraging season averages that hint he can be a 20/10 player.

Get some blocks please.
Give something efficiently.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I want to emphasize that I do not think the Patrick Williams will end up like this, BUT Giannis was pretty awful his first couple years. I never thought he'd be anything more than a good defensive player with no real offensive skills

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I want to emphasize that I do not think the Patrick Williams will end up like this, BUT Giannis was pretty awful his first couple years. I never thought he'd be anything more than a good defensive player with no real offensive skill

PWill is a better shooter than young Giannis that is a for sure.

But Giannis learned to attack the bucket at about the insane level of Lebron James. Those two go hard into contact.

Does PWill even dribble drive yet? He needs to bend better and be more coordinated with the ball. Something is missing there before we see anything like that.

Right now he is a 3-D player with deep two high quality range. I like his deep two. Don’t take that from players like Rose and PWill. It’s a good shot if it goes in.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
What has he shown that would make anyone optimistic about his future?
I’m not saying I see him becoming an all NBA type player, but I see a guy that has a really nice outside shot, plays defense, and is still what, like 20 years old?

He’s not going to get the shot opportunities on a roster with ZL, DD, and Vuc though. So he’s not going to be a 20ppg type scorer or anything like that.