Bulls @ Raptors 2:30 CST on WGN

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
This has got to be almost the toughest type of game possible scheduling wise for a team. It's a back to back on a travel day in the east coast where the time change makes it feel even earlier. The only thing that would make it worse is if it was a night game last night instead.

Still the players are used to staying up until 4 in the morning, and it's always tough to get in bed early for a game like this. Imagine if you normally worked from about 5pm to midnight everyday, and hten for the heck of it one day, your boss told you instead your day was going to start at 11am. It'd be an adjustment and you might drag a little.

The bright side is that it's still the Raptors. However, the Raptors have won three in a row even if it was the Clippers, Bucks, and Thunder (all in Toronto) that they beat. They may have a little confidence going, so we'll see how it goes.

Still, the game means more to us than them, so I will predict a narrow win.

This game starts our mini-road trip where we play 2 in a row on the road with a game Tuesday in Indy, after which we only have 1 road game left on the season in Detroit.

The Bulls are still tied for 7th/8th, so every game now is a big one and still just have a 2.5 game lead on Charlotte for 8th while losing the tiebreaker, so every win is important.

collisrost

Liked Posts:
Hopefully we get to take a look at our future PF in this one. :D

I predict a Bulls win.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
collisrost wrote:
Hopefully we get to take a look at our future PF in this one. :D

I predict a Bulls win.

Why wouldn't we look at our future PF, Tyrus isn't hurt is he?

Seriously though, I really hope we can get something done with Bosh this summer.

collisrost

Liked Posts:
dougthonus wrote:Why wouldn't we look at our future PF, Tyrus isn't hurt is he?[/quote]

Yeah but with you asking in another thread if we should even extend Tyrus it makes me wonder where you really stand on this one... ;)

I guess either way we get to take a look at out PF of the future.. let's just make sure we make the right choice between the guy we have now and the guy we don't.

Ralphb07

Liked Posts:
I Think we win this game. The way we're playing lately I don't see how we lose. I wanna see Tyrus have a good game today. I also want to see Rose continue his strong rebounding performances of late. He is right around 5 for the month of March and @ 6 for the past five games

ryguy24

Liked Posts:
I think we can take it. Limit Bargs (or just hope for a natural off night from him, as opposed to him always being on fire when we face him) and we should be a solid bet.

collisrost

Liked Posts:
I wonder if Luol Deng still has to make special arrangements to travel north of the border to Canada. I remember he had some sort of screwup the first time he travelled to Toronto in his rookie season and had to make sure to fly a day early the next time so he wouldn't be delayed at the airport.

I suppose being injured it's not much of an issue, I just thought it was a funny situation.

Jeremy

Liked Posts:
I have a good feeling about this game. Hopefully we can impress our future PF Chris Bosh!

Kush77

Liked Posts:
This game worries me, even though the Raptors have been bad this year. When was the last time the Bulls won in Toronto? I don't think they have since they had that 16-game win streak (against the Raptors) broken a few years ago.

But this is clearly a different team now with Salmons/Miller. But back-to-back wins on the road is a lot to ask.

I'm taking the kids to the movies, so I'm DVRing it and gonna watch it later.

Gene

Liked Posts:
This game worries me too. We've been playing so good lately and it's the second game of a back-to-back, not to mention it's on the road. We're also playing an underachieving team in my opinion, you just don't know what you're gonna see when you play Toronto, they definitely have some dangerous players.

jgonboricua

Liked Posts:
Predict a Good Win...Noah will have a monstor game...maybe 15 & 15 with 3 blocks and 3 assists...Rose will score in the 20's as will Gordon and Salmons...TT will prolly get something like 12 and 8 today with 2 blocks...

Liked Posts:
This game REALLY scares me. During this whole era with kirk, ben, etc., we have always been a pretty awful Sunday/holiday afternoon team, particularly on the road. Also, Toronto tends to play us pretty well in their building. I know the whole Sunday thing shouldn't matter, but it still worries me.

Regardless, as many of you have commented, this game means everything to us and nothing to them, so that should give us a boost. Although I tend to remember thinking the same thing 2 years ago right before we played NJ for the 2 seed!

Bottom line is I look for us to come out really flat, make a run, and lose a close one in the end. With our schedule, we should still be in pretty good shape for the playoffs.

ZombieKevie

Liked Posts:
yeah and maybe noah will start sinking 3's

sdeezy

Liked Posts:
For whatever reason, we tend to come out with almost no energy on afternoon games..we just suck it up. I'm not sure we can replicate yesterdays performance if we get down double digits early..keepin my fingers crossed though

tyrus thomas

Liked Posts:
vinny already throw the towel in on this one or what?
linton in the 1st quarter?
tim thomas?

:laugh:

JakeN7

Liked Posts:
I can't even fathom how much better Noah has gotten in the last few months.

Gene

Liked Posts:
I love how Vinny pulls Noah and Rose in the 3rd when we finally get on a run.