Bullsbeat #120

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
That Lebron article came out about year ago as head named us, Knicks, and Cavs as his choices. Im searching all over Espn for it, but can't find it. As for Lebron to Heat that might happen, but that seems like it would be horrible pairing as both of their offenses really on both them handling the ball and clearing out space. The question is do you really want Wade to become jumpshooter. I guess he could always drive and kick, but Lebron probably likes that spotlight

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
Dpauley23 wrote:
That Lebron article came out about year ago as head named us, Knicks, and Cavs as his choices. Im searching all over Espn for it, but can't find it. As for Lebron to Heat that might happen, but that seems like it would be horrible pairing as both of their offenses really on both them handling the ball and clearing out space. The question is do you really want Wade to become jumpshooter. I guess he could always drive and kick, but Lebron probably likes that spotlight

Wade and LeBron are really tight though. You can bet your ass they'd like playing with each other. Jordan and Pippen worked out pretty well.

chi_hawks_23

Liked Posts:
dougthonus wrote:
Wade and LeBron are really tight though. You can bet your ass they'd like playing with each other. Jordan and Pippen worked out pretty well.

If that happens, you might as well cross off the next 10 years for the Bulls.

I'd have to start watching college basketball again...and I really don't want it to come to that.

MADman24

Liked Posts:
dougthonus wrote:
Dpauley23 wrote:

They would win the title nearly every year, who has a 2nd best perimeter defender besides Houston that would stand a chance at stopping either of them? But I think they will both stay put and I'm tired of guessing on this particular topic. As a sidenote I believe Jrue is pronounced "Drew".

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
chi_hawks_23 wrote:
dougthonus wrote:

I'd have to start watching college basketball again...and I really don't want it to come to that.

You can't really say that because one theres no way Wade is able to play until he's 39 and second how long before these injuries catch up to Dwade and he loses his athletic ability? I would say he's got good 3 to 4 years left. If Bulls did acquire Stoudamire or Bosh they could have handshake agreement though where they guarantee their contract, but don't give it to them because they think they have shot at Lebron

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
As a sidenote I believe Jrue is pronounced "Drew".

I tried to pick it up from the announcers, but they pronounced it several ways and usually called him Holiday.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:

Wade is in for a Tracy McGrady like decline over the next four years. I expect him to be a non elite player in four years time though that team would be awfully difficult to beat up until that point.

chi_hawks_23

Liked Posts:
dougthonus wrote:

Wade is in for a Tracy McGrady like decline over the next four years. I expect him to be a non elite player in four years time though that team would be awfully difficult to beat up until that point.

Idk...I don't think he hits the tank quite that hard...although its definitely not out of the realm of possibility. It all depends on his knees. His ability to create his own shot and get to the line is his bread and butter. If he loses that laterial quickness...game over.

With that said, he is 27, and I can see him being superstar material til 32.

rbk88

Liked Posts:
So I'm assuming you would rank them 1.Flynn 2.Lawson 3.Teague(assuming you prefer high risk/high reward) 4.Maynor with Holiday being a wildcard?

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
Idk...I don't think he hits the tank quite that hard...although its definitely not out of the realm of possibility. It all depends on his knees. His ability to create his own shot and get to the line is his bread and butter. If he loses that laterial quickness...game over.

With that said, he is 27, and I can see him being superstar material til 32.

Anything is possible, but he's missed 31 games in two of the last three years, and 21 games another year. That's half his career he's missed at least a quarter of a season. He doesn't strike me as a guy with great longevity.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
rbk88 wrote:
So I'm assuming you would rank them 1.Flynn 2.Lawson 3.Teague(assuming you prefer high risk/high reward) 4.Maynor with Holiday being a wildcard?

I would say
1-2: Flynn, Lawson

Flynn and Lawson seem a step ahead of everyone else to me. I could easily see why a team would take Lawson over Flynn, objectively, I feel like I should, but some intangible thing makes me like Flynn more when watching them.

3-5: Teague, Holiday, Maynor

Teague, Maynor, and Holiday all have different strengths and weaknesses, and depending what you're looking for, I could see going with any of the three. I think I'd put Maynor last just because he has the lowest ceiling though even though he probably has a higher floor.