Bullsbeat 121 - big men part 2

rbk88

Liked Posts:
It seems like the players you see as good value picks at 16 so far are point guards(who would obviously be a poor fit)and Johnson of Wake. Would you say this is the least impressive draft class that you have looked at since you began scouting prospects?

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
rbk88 wrote:
It seems like the players you see as good value picks at 16 so far are point guards(who would obviously be a poor fit)and Johnson of Wake. Would you say this is the least impressive draft class that you have looked at since you began scouting prospects?

Hard to say, since I've never scouted the back end of the draft this hard. I've typically only looked at guys in the top 15. However, for the most part, these guys are worse than the guys I looked at last year who were 19, and they're almost all 21. So I suspect this class is really bad.

So far, I'd say Flynn and Johnson are the only two guys I've seen that I feel confident will be players who aren't in the consensus top 10 for a long time. Every other guy is a real mixed bag of a lot of weaknesses and a couple of strengths where they'll need to do a whole lot to make it at the next level.

pyobuttah

Liked Posts:
I think what you have are role players pretty much after 10. It is mainly point guards, which is going to allow us to trade Hinrich! I really think that Teague is going to be a player in the mold of not quite as athletic, but better shooting Monta Ellis and I feel that people do not realize how good Toney Douglas is going to be; that's a steal right there. Doug is right to an extent on Flynn and Johnson, but they give me pauses too! I know Darren Collison has been mentioned at 26, but at best he is a better shooting Duhon; which can be a good player. I really do think Lawson is going to be a pretty good pro, and I would take him at 16 if Johnson is off the board!

ryguy24

Liked Posts:
If there's a reason not to pick Casspi, it's for that awful wardrobe he was wearing in the predraft interview. Seriously, it was hideous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7opOAH7iARM

It's like a zipup hoodie with flaps, but he decided he needed to show off as much chest hair as possible.

chi_hawks_23

Liked Posts:
Glad to hear Pendegraph mentioned in this podcast. I think he could come off the bench and be a solid backup 4 in Vinnys system. I dont know if its worth taking him at #26 or not, but I imagine he will go late first, early 2nd.