Burton: Misdiagnosed Injury

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
This guy is all talk. He had the groin, then it was the ankle, then is was the hip flexor, none of which he was able to get over. The Bears more than did enough to get this guy on the field. The only the Bears did wrong was to expect him to be a full time player. Burton's body and mind cannot live up to being the main guy, he is a great 2nd or third fiddle that has zero pressure on him to be the main cog in the offense.

msadows

Liked Posts:
This guy is all talk. He had the groin, then it was the ankle, then is was the hip flexor, none of which he was able to get over. The Bears more than did enough to get this guy on the field. The only the Bears did wrong was to expect him to be a full time player. Burton's body and mind cannot live up to being the main guy, he is a great 2nd or third fiddle that has zero pressure on him to be the main cog in the offense.

Seriously, he pretty much lost us that playoff game in 2018.

You could tell that nagy game planned heavily around burton, and when he had a phantom injury last minute it left Nagy rocked. He tried to do some of the same things with shaheen and it just didn't work.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Nothing personal against Burton, but it looks like the Colts are gonna get injury jobbed with this guy just like the Bears did.

Colts management and fans will soon find out if it’s not a hip, it’s a core. If it’s not a core, it’s...well, something else. I played through injury. I got misdiagnosed. I got pulled too early. I’m actually still rehabbing. I actually never was able to truly rehab. Rinse, repeat.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
You're a multi-million dollar NFL player.You get multiple opinions and doctors to look at your body and protect when something as one. If you dont, your stupid and that's on you. Trying to blame others, if that's the case, is irresponsible

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Agree with comments on here but I am curious if this was same set of team docs that had Kevin White out doing sprints on a broken leg.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Sore vagina is one of the toughest injuries to diagnose, just fyi.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Seriously, he pretty much lost us that playoff game in 2018.

You could tell that nagy game planned heavily around burton, and when he had a phantom injury last minute it left Nagy rocked. He tried to do some of the same things with shaheen and it just didn't work.

Anthony Miller drooped a ball that was perfectly placed in his lap near the end of the 2nd quarter. If he could’ve held on it would’ve been a TD. Cost the bears the game.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Agree with comments on here but I am curious if this was same set of team docs that had Kevin White out doing sprints on a broken leg.

I'm fairly certain we changed over our medical staff/Trainers when Nagy got hired.

We've been one of the least injured teams the last 2 years. Before that we were one of the highest, If I'm not mistaken.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Anthony Miller drooped a ball that was perfectly placed in his lap near the end of the 2nd quarter. If he could’ve held on it would’ve been a TD. Cost the bears the game.

Plenty cost us that game. Thats one play, however. You could say the same about floyd, Parkey, etc.

Burton not being out there completely shifted our gameplan last minute. I'll never forgive him for a last minute "phantom" injury that was evidently non contact and happened off the field.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Won’t be a first for a team to misdiagnosis. Thus is the team that has drafted multiple players and missed key present injuries in them. Williams carimi white and the trade for Adams all come to mind with things missed that hurt this team. Then look at the bulls with how they almost killed Deng. So this shit happens all the time

but I still think with this guy it’s he’s a mental midget and that’s his issue. I hope he gets mental help

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I really dont care what the injury was or who's fault it was, it was the panic attack that kept him out of the playoff game that should have gotten him released immediately.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nothing personal against Burton, but it looks like the Colts are gonna get injury jobbed with this guy just like the Bears did.

Colts management and fans will soon find out if it’s not a hip, it’s a core. If it’s not a core, it’s...well, something else. I played through injury. I got misdiagnosed. I got pulled too early. I’m actually still rehabbing. I actually never was able to truly rehab. Rinse, repeat.

Because the Bears are paying $4+ million this year, Burton signed w. the Colts for league minimum and for only one year. This is the definition of low risk/high reward. If the situation was reversed, I'm sure Pace would sign him, and all bears fans would love the signing and would care less if he didn't work out.