But.. But he’s the greatest !!

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Meh. Walter was one of the better all-round football players to ever do it. Not RB. Football player. He could do it all.
To be fair it’s really tough to compare players of different positions and also different eras. I, like many, value the QB position way more than all others.

Midway Monsters

Liked Posts:
I think many will start to realize that McCarthy's play calling and scheme was the perfect fit for Rodgers.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
To be fair it’s really tough to compare players of different positions and also different eras. I, like many, value the QB position way more than all others.
I agree. It is hard to compare. When I make that statement. I take out the importance of the position because it wasn't nearly as important back then. A dominant RB was as important as a great QB. That aside. I agree the QB position is more important. While Rogers is still really good. He's lost a step with his mobility. He's greatness has been streaky throughout his career and he's had injuries that cost him seasons. Objectively. I'd say he had a 4-5 year run in which he looked as good as anyone to play the position.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree. It is hard to compare. When I make that statement. I take out the importance of the position because it wasn't nearly as important back then. A dominant RB was as important as a great QB. That aside. I agree the QB position is more important. While Rogers is still really good. He's lost a step with his mobility. He's greatness has been streaky throughout his career and he's had injuries that cost him seasons. Objectively. I'd say he had a 4-5 year run in which he looked as good as anyone to play the position.
Looks like you're describing Favre much more than Rodgers. Rodgers has actually been steady throughout his career whereas Favre was up and down throughout. Fans get too down on players after a bad game here or there. Rodgers walked into the perfect storm last night, his whole team did. No aspect of the Packers looked good. Even though their pass rush was pretty special in the beginning, the Niners replaced their under performing LT on the fly and then Jimmy G let it rip having his favorite target, Kittle, back.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Looks like you're describing Favre much more than Rodgers. Rodgers has actually been steady throughout his career whereas Favre was up and down throughout. Fans get too down on players after a bad game here or there. Rodgers walked into the perfect storm last night, his whole team did. No aspect of the Packers looked good. Even though their pass rush was pretty special in the beginning, the Niners replaced their under performing LT on the fly and then Jimmy G let it rip having his favorite target, Kittle, back.
My assessment has nothing to do with last night. I don't care about one game. Rogers has been consistently good to great. I didn't dispute that. I acknowledge it. His run of lighting the NFL on fire week in and out with ridiculous throws, buying time, making the big play is behind him. Still an upper echelon guy, obviously. Still capable or that, to a degree.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Packers have a real easy schedule ahead so expect media and fans to be right back on Rodgers' dick. They'll end up with 11 or 12 wins.

Be interesting to see what happens when the 2 teams meet again in the playoffs, hopefully more of the same. Also be interesting to see what happens when Pats and Ravens meet again in the playoffs especially since Pats will likely have home field advantage. 3 of the 4 toughest defenses in those 4 teams mentioned. 1 of them likely wins the SB.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Be interesting to see what happens when the 2 teams meet again in the playoffs, hopefully more of the same. Also be interesting to see what happens when Pats and Ravens meet again in the playoffs especially since Pats will likely have home field advantage. 3 of the 4 toughest defenses in those 4 teams mentioned. 1 of them likely wins the SB.
then we get to hear about how defenses win championships. Sure helps when the offenses can score 20 points in their sleep.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
then we get to hear about how defenses win championships. Sure helps when the offenses can score 20 points in their sleep.
Yeah, Defense is key but you want to bring some pretty good offense too if you want to win it all. That's another thing that makes it interesting cause Pats O has been struggling of late while Niners O has improved and gained balance and Ravens O is top of the league but you'd expect Bellichick to come up with a way of limiting them especially having faced them once already. Ravens also very blitz heavy so would expect Brady to take advantage of that if he gets out of his own funk.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Yeah, Defense is key but you want to bring some pretty good offense too if you want to win it all. That's another thing that makes it interesting cause Pats O has been struggling of late while Niners O has improved and gained balance and Ravens O is top of the league but you'd expect Bellichick to come up with a way of limiting them especially having faced them once already. Ravens also very blitz heavy so would expect Brady to take advantage of that if he gets out of his own funk.
Never doubt the patriots. That is the one constant in the NFL this millennium. Bellichek will find a way because he is the closest thing the NFL will ever have to a God. Also Brady loves to get blitzed. He is cerebral enough to figure out where the blitz is coming from and then dump the ball off to where the blitzer just came from for an easy completion and YAC more times than not.