But didn't we know this team was not going to win?

Big Tyme D

Liked Posts:
I recall all off-season after the schedules came out that people predicted the team was not going to be good enough to win at the start of the season. We had a treacherous run to begin with.

- People did not expect Glennon to be good... yet many of us had/has hopes that he can at least be adequate. Through two games he has played well and been adequate... except for a couple costly passes. At the time he threw his first INT today... he hadn't missed a pass yet... his first miss was the INT.

- Having lost the teams top WRs due to either them moving on... or injury... who... and I mean WHO expects the passing game to click??? It doesn't matter who the QB is out there... he has no weapons to throw too. Alshon Jefferies should have been the corner stone of our recieving corp..... blame Fox all you want.. but he didn't make Alshon leave... Alshon didn't want to be a Bear. if he had been here this year... he is a weapon... unless he followed the trend and joined the other WRS and got hurt again.

- Last week... Fox did not blow the coverage on that long TD the Falcons scored on... nor did he drop passes during the final drive. Both situations would have had the Bears coming into this game 1-0. Mental F'ups by players should not be blamed on the coach.

- We knew coming into the season that this team still had issues... no WRS... a bunch of band aids and virtual rookies in the secondary... an improved OL which is banged up to the point it may be a liability now... even the 'strong front seven' on defense are banged up and short a number or two.

Having gone through this in the past with the Bears... having good WRs and a weak QB is no different than having a good QB but no WRs..... and that's what this offense is facing.

Sending Trubinsky out there now.. is setting him up to fail. Sending him out there now with a banged up OL is setting him up to get hurt.

Let's just hunker in... that the punishment of the chin... look at this season as a prelude to next. Better draft. Good FA crop at WR.

Go..... Bears.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
All these injuries show that God still hates the Bears, you can do everything right but if God is against you what can you do?

Oh lord what we have done to displease you, please stop punishing our beloved

smilebit

Liked Posts:
I don't think people expected this team to go out and embarrass themselves and thought at the very least be competitive. Today was a complete shit show and Glennon has been less than adequate, he's not very accurate, can't extend plays because of his lack of mobility and he checks down way to much because of it and if today has proven anything, he's afraid.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I recall all off-season after the schedules came out that people predicted the team was not going to be good enough to win at the start of the season. We had a treacherous run to begin with.

- People did not expect Glennon to be good... yet many of us had/has hopes that he can at least be adequate. Through two games he has played well and been adequate... except for a couple costly passes. At the time he threw his first INT today... he hadn't missed a pass yet... his first miss was the INT.

- Having lost the teams top WRs due to either them moving on... or injury... who... and I mean WHO expects the passing game to click??? It doesn't matter who the QB is out there... he has no weapons to throw too. Alshon Jefferies should have been the corner stone of our recieving corp..... blame Fox all you want.. but he didn't make Alshon leave... Alshon didn't want to be a Bear. if he had been here this year... he is a weapon... unless he followed the trend and joined the other WRS and got hurt again.

- Last week... Fox did not blow the coverage on that long TD the Falcons scored on... nor did he drop passes during the final drive. Both situations would have had the Bears coming into this game 1-0. Mental F'ups by players should not be blamed on the coach.

- We knew coming into the season that this team still had issues... no WRS... a bunch of band aids and virtual rookies in the secondary... an improved OL which is banged up to the point it may be a liability now... even the 'strong front seven' on defense are banged up and short a number or two.

Having gone through this in the past with the Bears... having good WRs and a weak QB is no different than having a good QB but no WRs..... and that's what this offense is facing.

Sending Trubinsky out there now.. is setting him up to fail. Sending him out there now with a banged up OL is setting him up to get hurt.

Let's just hunker in... that the punishment of the chin... look at this season as a prelude to next. Better draft. Good FA crop at WR.

Go..... Bears.

Ryan Pace has to own this, there is no excuse for the lack of depth and going into the season with a chronically injured White, and an at best #2 Meredith WR tandem. The Shaheen pick was a real WTF moment, when there was so many more immediate needs to address than a "project" TE.

Bears are in year three of the Pace "rebuild". There is no excuse for this shit show, it now officially rests at Pace's feet.

Giving up a 2nd round draft pick to move up one spot in the draft is going to look really effing stupid, if Trubs doesn't see significant playing time this year, and the Bears are going to be drafting in the top 5 again next year.

Space Invader

Dorkchop
Liked Posts:
I don't think people expected this team to go out and embarrass themselves and thought at the very least be competitive. Today was a complete shit show and Glennon has been less than adequate, he's not very accurate, can't extend plays because of his lack of mobility and he checks down way to much because of it and if today has proven anything, he's afraid.
IMO, compound all of that, and his 1st 2 teams he faced, one a former division rival, the other being his former team; makes it worse. I'm not making excuses for the guy, just sayin', that doesn't help matters.

The 2 teams that had tape on him, definitely used 'em lol.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Some of you guys act like Mitchell is gonna be the panacea for this team, but its more likely he goes out there and throws a bunch of picks too just like Glennon. This team has no receivers, they cant even run the ball. You want Mitchell out there scrambling out of collapsing pockets, with this teams injury curse?

Next thing you know instead of fans calling for Mitchell they're questioning loudly whether he's a bust because he cant turn chicken shit into chicken salad in his first year.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
What's happening now is what I predicted. This team will be lucky to win five games. We're playing for a draft pick. The only thing that's changed for me is starting Trubisky. I was on board with playing Glennon for the foreseeable future, but as a fan, I need a reason to watch. It's not Glennon's fault, he is what I thought he'd be. But we might as well see the future QB, and get him some playing time, while scouting our 1st round pick for next year.

JordanHoward24

Liked Posts:
Yeah, we expected to lose. But does that make it any less frustrating?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Yes, we knew they were going to lose. That's why some of us have been calling for Fox's head long before today.

As far as Trubisky, you're right. Don't trot him out there with subpar teammates. Keep him on the bench forever. Never play him. I mean, why take the chance you might hurt or regress him?

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
A lot of dumbasses thought glennon was somehow better than cutler but didn't realize that the bears are a trash organization as bad as the browns or worse and that all good players who play here turn to dust. Glennon is bad and made even worse by being in loser town

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
All these injuries show that God still hates the Bears, you can do everything right but if God is against you what can you do?

Oh lord what we have done to displease you, please stop punishing our beloved

Good news. God doesnt exist we just arent very good right now. If we get better talent, stay healthy and get better coaching we can win some ball games.

MonkeyPox

Liked Posts:
Absolutely did not expect any more than a 4 or 5 win season. This team is awful. But the Bears are always good for being entertaining in how horrible they are. I laughed a ton today. Have to change my prediction to 2 wins. Hell they may go 0-16. They look that bad

JPPT1974

April Showers and Easter 2024!
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Seattle Mariners
  1. Los Angeles FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Tennessee Titans
  1. St. Louis Blues
  1. Kentucky Wildcats
Just how long it will be before Mitch Tribusky takes over at QB there?!

Exhibit_A

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
the only excuse I give to this sorry effort is they were playing in 90+ degree shit Florida weather (most likely humid as hell too) and against a fresh team...other than that giraffe should be cut by tomorrow if not fox should be fired..

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mitchell will need to play this year and play well if Pace expects to accomplish anything in FA. I don't want to rush him either but after mid season, he'll be stagnating. I suspect the plan is to take our lumps now with the tough opening schedule if Glennon can't step up and let Mitchell save the season after. Actually, it's more just wishful thinking but...

I never expected he'd be as good as Cutler but I thought Glennon>Hoyer. Not significantly but better. I think I may have been wrong. I don't even mind the odd turnover but it's the type that bothers me. He's not throwing downfield enough and that pick 6 was bad rookie shit. You could stare that down and see it was never there. It's not like the DB flashed the route. He was there waiting on it. WTF!

Eat%2Bcrow.png