Bye Allen Robinson

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Bears can still franchise tag him. Either that or let him leave and take a comp pick

discplayer

Liked Posts:
The guy has always been a consummate professional but he’s at his wits end, and I don’t blame him.

Don’t think he holds it against either QB, or even the OL. I believe Robinson is primarily pissed at Pace, Nagy and any who had a hand in designing this putrid offense.

He has every right to be pissed and just fed up!

msadows

Liked Posts:
Arob obv is pissed, they benched the guy that targeted him early and often for the guy who rarely does.

I'd be mad too if they benched the guy that was netting me a big contract the following year.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's not over. he seemed to like Mitch better. Not that I expect a big difference.

BigBill

Liked Posts:
We still have Butterfingers Mitchell

msadows

Liked Posts:
It's not over. he seemed to like Mitch better. Not that I expect a big difference.

The whole skill positional group preferred mitch. Easy to see why, he's a team guy and a very likeable personality.

The switch to foles, I'm sure everyone understood. Then when foles played worse I'm sure it makes all those guys question the coaches.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They cannot afford to keep Allen Robinson unless they move massive amounts of defensive money into the future.

Tag and trade or let him walk for the comp pick.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
Bears can still franchise tag him. Either that or let him leave and take a comp pick

Those could be expensive options, and with the cap likely to be reduced next year and the Bears already up against it, I'm not sure they'd go that route.

They other problem is that if they did, and other teams thought that made Robinson too expensive and shied away, the Bears would be left with an expensive WR who doesn't want to be here.

Letting him walk and get back a comp pick seems by far the best option.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
So everyone here complains about our offense being stuck in the 1950’s, and rightfully so. But then, most here also say to let the 1 competent offensive player we have walk? Doesn’t make much sense to me

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
What to do with Robinson will be determined by the next GM. I’m not watching this shit show next year if Pace/Nagy are around and I doubt upper management will want to either.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
So everyone here complains about our offense being stuck in the 1950’s, and rightfully so. But then, most here also say to let the 1 competent offensive player we have walk? Doesn’t make much sense to me
Because we can't fix the areas on the offense that actually matter if we pay him and without those being fixed he and our defenseare wasted. Allen Robinson is replaceable. If he was Julio Jones or DeAndre Hopkins then maybe I'd feel differently. But Allen Robinson isn't them. Teams can win without good receivers if they are strong in the trenches.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Can’t blame his agent.

Robinsons use in this offense is mind blowing. Do the coaches see the same as we do??

how about the high priced TE with zero catches!?!