Byron Pringle!?!?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I feel like at our current position our 2 2nds are going to be OL and WR. St. Brown was a "eh, whatever" kind of pickup. I like the Pringle signing a lot.
Unless ESB was for the minimum, it’s worse than a meh signing. He’s been garbage

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can't tell if you are serious or not.
Completely. Not sure why the serious over neglect on the O-line, but this signing makes sense.
Lucas Patrick? Meh
Larry Ogunjobi? Meh
St. Brown? Depth? Hard to judge as I haven't seen the contract value, anything more than 3.5 mil a year and it sucks, under that, I guess ok.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Completely. Not sure why the serious over neglect on the O-line, but this signing makes sense.
Lucas Patrick? Meh
Larry Ogunjobi? Meh
St. Brown? Depth? Hard to judge as I haven't seen the contract value, anything more than 3.5 mil a year and it sucks, under that I guess ok.
Lucas Patrick was a solid signing. Ogunjobi is a good player, the contract isn't great though. St. Brown is hopefully league minimum as he's done nothing.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lucas Patrick was a solid signing. Ogunjobi is a good player, the contract isn't great though. St. Brown is hopefully league minimum as he's done nothing.
Patrick was the weakest link in the Packs O-line. Hardly an upgrade over Daniels.
Ogunjobi had a fluke year last year and will regress back to the norm. He is a gamble at that amount.
Bears really needed to come away with at least one top tier O-lineman in FA.
As it now stands, they have to address OL, WR, and CB in the draft and only 2 2nd rnd picks to do it.

Last edited:

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Two middling receivers = One good receiver

Right?!
Again, Poles is doing his Al Davis impersonation.

He has added speed with most of his signings, now he adds Pringle (4.46) and Equanimous (4.48) to the WR room.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Patrick was the weakest link in the Packs O-line. Hardly an upgrade over Daniels.
Ogunjobi had a fluke year last year and will regress back to the norm. He is a gamble at that amount.
As it now stands, they have to address OL, WR, and CB in the draft and only 2 2nd rnd picks to do it.
Patrick allowed 1 sack all year long The Packers allowed 33 as a team....so its hard to make a sweeping generalization he was the worst player on the line.

Ogunjobi had 7 sacks last year. He had two other years where he got 5.5 sacks each year...

You're a moron.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:

ALL of this is factually inaccurate.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Armstead would be ideal.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Patrick allowed 1 sack all year long The Packers allowed 33 as a team....so its hard to make a sweeping generalization he was the worst player on the line.

Ogunjobi had 7 sacks last year. He had two other years where he got 5.5 sacks each year...

You're a moron.
LOL, Patrick has been in the NFL 5 years and only has 34 starts.
He is a 28 year old O-lineman that just signed for 4 mil a year.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL, Patrick has been in the NFL 5 years and only has 34 starts.
He is a 28 year old O-lineman that just signed for 4 mil a year.
I don't give a fuck if they recruited him from a JV team...he allowed 1 sack on a team that allowed 33...
Making a blanket statement that he was the worst player on the oline is asinine.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't give a fuck if they recruited him from a JV team...he allowed 1 sack on a team that allowed 33...
Making a blanket statement that he was the worst player on the oline is asinine.
Then why did the Pack let him walk if his cost was only 4 mil?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Have you seen what they dished out to other players? They have a shit ton of linemen and only have so much money to allocate.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Not even close to true. Expect the Bears to address the OL with another veteran, perhaps Tretter. As for the draft I would expect a WR at with the first 2nd and a CB with the next one. After that it is anyone's guess.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
That just means the Bears got a deal, and the Pack already has their interior line locked up with OG's Jenkins and Runyan, and C with Myers. Patrick is better than Runyan but not by enough to keep him with the limited cap space they have, plus Runyan is still on his rookie deal.

4THQUARTERCLUTCHLER

Liked Posts:
I like him to replace Grant honestly, put him on kick returns sprinkle him in as a receiver you never know how it could turn out. Already hating on everything Poles does is lame but typical for some fans, they are never happy.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Good depth/special teams signing. but since poles failed to get any of the good wrs the first couple days, people are going to pretend he’s better than he actually is.
He couldn't have failed if he didn't try. The lesson is never try.

fatkid73

Liked Posts:
I like the Pringle signing, that said, this team is in dire need of playmakers. I know financially letting go of Mack, Robinson, and Cohen made sense, the problem is, they were the only players that other teams had to scheme for. Who is left? Maybe Quinn, but we will see if he sticks around.