C J Stroud

Grape

Liked Posts:
And TD's, Levis will be a bust. Passing yards are a good measure of a qb's ability to move an offense. Go to NFL.com and look up the default ranking of qb's stats for the year. This is not me sorting it this way, yards are the default ranking for qb stats:

Look who ranks # 1, Mahomes. It is one of the more important metrics of a qb's performance, especially early in their careers as INTs are usually higher as they try to figure things out.
Also don't like Levis but NFL stats are very different compared to college stats.

NFL teams are much more stylistically similar, while competition wise, have more of a level play field.

That's not even close to true for college football. Also gotta take into account potential when evaluating these college guys.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Poles takes all the picks from Carolina, I will personally craft a hickory table from one of the trees in my back yard.

If Poles finds a way to get three first round picks over multiple years in return, I'll even let him pick the tree.

Prove it!

lol

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
My concern is if Stroud stays we may not get Anderson or Carter in a trade with the Colts. If he doesn't the price for 1 should be higher I would think so it's a toss-up either way
Lewis is moving up the boards fast and if he makes some aweesome throws at the combine or pro day, he will be right up in the top 5 picks

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Unless some teams don’t like Young or the Kentucky kid and just say…. “Fuck it” we will go another route. Not every team is going to like these guys. (Insert random “it only takes one” comment)

I personally would rather have him in the draft.
In a trade down scenario, it's like you gain a spot.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
He’s making his announce that he’s leaving CF for the NFL draft.

I just don’t understand why wait till the last day. If you know, you know.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And TD's, Levis will be a bust. Passing yards are a good measure of a qb's ability to move an offense. Go to NFL.com and look up the default ranking of qb's stats for the year. This is not me sorting it this way, yards are the default ranking for qb stats:

Look who ranks # 1, Mahomes. It is one of the more important metrics of a qb's performance, especially early in their careers as INTs are usually higher as they try to figure things out.
Rating is still better but nfl.com can't use it unless they qualify it at 300 attempts etc. which they do not. Was Lamar the 10th or 20th QB in 2020? The 3rd or 21st best QB in his MVP year. In both cases, passer rating tells a much better story. In college, who they play also has a lot to do with it and makes stats somewhat dubious. Zack Wilson would be an example of that. Had yards and rating but played a bunch of nobodies to look great in his final college season.

Last edited:

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Lewis is moving up the boards fast and if he makes some aweesome throws at the combine or pro day, he will be right up in the top 5 picks
Ah the Zach Wilson scenario. The desperate play for a desperate team. honestly, who do you see with the resources on hand to make a play to get into the top five anyway? Detroit is a competitive team that is building an exciting future, I could see them making a play for the "ideal" QB who then has time to learn behind Goff, who is playing competitive football.

Prove it!

lol
I'll come clean, I planted them in the past year, and it will be a LONG time before they are mature enough to use for furniture.

Should Mr Poles call me on my boast, I will gladly post a sign next to his preferred tree, and make him a separate one as a placeholder.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
The vast majority of people who claim they don't like Levis have really never actually watched him play, due to the school he plays for and their general lack of coverage. People just love parroting someone else's shit.

He's definitely a wildcard. However, he didn't get a total fair shake as he had a different OC every year he had started. Zero continuity.

sphinxnole

Liked Posts:
Amongst NFL Execs, Levis is ranked really high. Higher than Young on most boards.
This was said tongue in cheek people. To be exact I was paraphrasing Nate Tice from Hoge & Jahns.
Poor sarcasm in my case…

TonyDogs

Liked Posts:
The vast majority of people who claim they don't like Levis have really never actually watched him play, due to the school he plays for and their general lack of coverage. People just love parroting someone else's shit.

He's definitely a wildcard. However, he didn't get a total fair shake as he had a different OC every year he had started. Zero continuity.
Don't forget about his natural moxy, work ethic, leadership, being a coaches son, gym rat, first in last out, ability to read defenses and processing power!!!!!!

rawdawg

Liked Posts:

The thing people are discounting is if Stroud comes out, there's a better than 0 chance that QBs go 1-2-3 in this draft, leaving the Bears (if at 4) potentially in position to take Will Anderson.

Also, agree with you. Will Levis will go ahead of Stroud if they are both in this draft. There's already rumors that the Colts are "enamored" with Levis. I think that's probably who the Texans prefer too (just a hunch). So, I feel as Bears fans, we want Stroud to come out. I don't buy that it makes Levis and Young more valuable. I think it makes it more likely that the Bears can get more of a haul, if Stroud is in this draft. The 2 trade down scenarios are more in play if all 3 are in this draft.

flabear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando Magic
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tampa Bay Lightning
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
The thing people are discounting is if Stroud comes out, there's a better than 0 chance that QBs go 1-2-3 in this draft, leaving the Bears (if at 4) potentially in position to take Will Anderson.

Also, agree with you. Will Levis will go ahead of Stroud if they are both in this draft. There's already rumors that the Colts are "enamored" with Levis. I think that's probably who the Texans prefer too (just a hunch). So, I feel as Bears fans, we want Stroud to come out. I don't buy that it makes Levis and Young more valuable. I think it makes it more likely that the Bears can get more of a haul, if Stroud is in this draft. The 2 trade down scenarios are more in play if all 3 are in this draft.
Aren't you concerned that the more QB in the draft it saturates the market, a supply, and demand thing in which case we get less. with 3 top QB the colts could just sit on their pick?

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers

I like Levis. He's like Trubisky, but good. But seriously, if Trubisky can be picked 2nd overall, no reason Levis can't.

PeppersSweater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Haven’t followed the QB’s closely; is it fair to say that they’re all vastly different?