C J Stroud

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Aren't you concerned that the more QB in the draft it saturates the market, a supply, and demand thing in which case we get less. with 3 top QB the colts could just sit on their pick?
I'm not. I think teams almost always have a #1 guy they will move up to get. They don't want to settle for a player they think is a lesser player.

I also believe this improves the chances of bears potentially trading down twice and getting a big haul multiple times.

I think bears will trade to 4 and then potentially listen to offers unless Arizona trades out of 3, then bears get will Anderson at 4.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Stroud coming out is a good thing for the Bears imo. More QBs = more competition. Even though the chances are low, it also improves the odd of two trade downs.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Aren't you concerned that the more QB in the draft it saturates the market, a supply, and demand thing in which case we get less. with 3 top QB the colts could just sit on their pick?
Nope. QB is too important to just "wait and see" what happens before you. It wasn't an issue when Pace traded up 1 spot. Oversaturation wasn't an issue when the Niners gave up 2 future 1sts to move up to take Lance. If a team likes a QB, it makes things better for teams that don't need a QB. The more QBs, the better it will be for the Bears, IMO.

If Stroud had stayed in, you'd potentially get more teams saying, "we'll just wait a year to get our guy in a loaded class". It's what some Bears fans wanted to do last year, and especially in 2017. And this year, you potentially have guys like Brady, Carr, Jimmy G, and Rodgers becoming available. You could have young guys like Jordan Love or Trey Lance who teams are willing to take a chance on for cheap, for a year. Daniel Jones and Geno Smith also led playoff teams and could be available. The fewer QBs you get, the more you get teams willing to wait out the process. I think we saw this last year. There were several teams that needed a QB, but nobody was willing to take Malik Willis, just for the sake of having a QB. But with 3 1st round guys, more teams will think they have a chance.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I'm not. I think teams almost always have a #1 guy they will move up to get. They don't want to settle for a player they think is a lesser player.

I also believe this improves the chances of bears potentially trading down twice and getting a big haul multiple times.

I think bears will trade to 4 and then potentially listen to offers unless Arizona trades out of 3, then bears get will Anderson at 4.
I've not been a guy that thinks the Texans trade from 2 to 1, but if the Colts are putting it out there that they are desperate, that's the type of stuff that can get them to move 1 spot to get their top guy and to block the Colts.

The other scenario Stroud creates is if the Bears to trade with the Colts, they could potentially trade down from 4 as well (looking at Carolina) and get an absolute haul from 2 trade downs in the top 5. And that could happen whether Houston takes a QB or not. Even more reason to trade again if Houston takes Anderson and Cardinals grab Carter (Texans also become a threat to trade back up).

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
The trade down twice dream is still alive!

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Haven’t followed the QB’s closely; is it fair to say that they’re all vastly different?
Vastly.

Young- he's the prototype in everything except for size. Was a #1 recruit, 5 star, athletic, mobile, good enough arm, can make plays in or out of structure, with and without pressure, Heisman winner, has put up elite numbers, played well consistently in high profile games. He's done it all. He has it all except he may be only 5'10", 185lbs. Teams have seen what he can do, but can he do it at the NFL level?

Levis- he's the opposite in a lot of ways to Young. He has the prototypical size, 6'3", 230lbs. Has a HUGE arm. Is mobile enough. But he wasn't highly recruited, is in the SEC but hasn't played on the big stage due to being at Kentucky. He hasn't played with a ton of NFL talent, and it got worse from 2021 to 2022 when he lost a couple players to Day 2 in the NFL. Teams haven't seen what he can do when everything is perfect, but can he show it when you perfect his supporting cast?

Stroud- he's the perfect mix of both. Was highly recruited, athletic, good arm, has played in high profile games but hasn't really performed well in them until the Semis vs Georgia. He has been coddled at Ohio St, by them playing easy schedules, having thrown to at least 5 different 1st round WRs in 2 years, and he hasn't really performed until the GA game when things break down in the pocket. Teams have seen what he can do, but can he do it when he has easily the most talented team on the field?

TonyDogs

Liked Posts:
Vastly.

Young- he's the prototype in everything except for size. Was a #1 recruit, 5 star, athletic, mobile, good enough arm, can make plays in or out of structure, with and without pressure, Heisman winner, has put up elite numbers, played well consistently in high profile games. He's done it all. He has it all except he may be only 5'10", 185lbs. Teams have seen what he can do, but can he do it at the NFL level?

Levis- he's the opposite in a lot of ways to Young. He has the prototypical size, 6'3", 230lbs. Has a HUGE arm. Is mobile enough. But he wasn't highly recruited, is in the SEC but hasn't played on the big stage due to being at Kentucky. He hasn't played with a ton of NFL talent, and it got worse from 2021 to 2022 when he lost a couple players to Day 2 in the NFL. Teams haven't seen what he can do when everything is perfect, but can he show it when you perfect his supporting cast?

Stroud- he's the perfect mix of both. Was highly recruited, athletic, good arm, has played in high profile games but hasn't really performed well in them until the Semis vs Georgia. He has been coddled at Ohio St, by them playing easy schedules, having thrown to at least 5 different 1st round WRs in 2 years, and he hasn't really performed until the GA game when things break down in the pocket. Teams have seen what he can do, but can he do it when he has easily the most talented team on the field?
No offense, but these are very poor, lazy breakdowns of these quarterbacks.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Didn’t help the Bears at all

Attachments

• C1E3AC51-B724-431B-BC81-484408A384FF.jpeg
    C1E3AC51-B724-431B-BC81-484408A384FF.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 33
Last edited:

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
The trade down twice dream is still alive!
Twice? PFFFFFT!
Bears trade with HOU:get 2&12 for Young
Bears trade with IND: 4,35, 2024 1st & Buckner for Levis
Ari takes Anderson
Bears trade with CAR for 9,39,& Brian Burns for Stroud.

Bears fix front 4 with Buckner and Burns and get 9,12,35,39,and 2024 1st.

Off Season solved.

TonyDogs

Liked Posts:
Twice? PFFFFFT!
Bears trade with HOU:get 2&12 for Young
Bears trade with IND: 4,35, 2024 1st & Buckner for Levis
Ari takes Anderson
Bears trade with CAR for 9,39,& Brian Burns for Stroud.

Bears fix front 4 with Buckner and Burns and get 9,12,35,39,and 2024 1st.

Off Season solved.
My man... that is the perfect scenario.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Houston isn't gonna give up 2 and 12 for the #1 pick, but I could see getting a 2nd and 3rd, maybe a couple 2nds...
That move would likely be their 1, 2 and maybe some change. If Poles wants another #1 from them, he may be able to negotiate next years.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Houston isn't gonna give up 2 and 12 for the #1 pick, but I could see getting a 2nd and 3rd, maybe a couple 2nds...

That move would likely be their 1, 2 and maybe some change. If Poles wants another #1 from them, he may be able to negotiate next years.
Shut your pie holes.

I said:

OFFSEASON SOLVED!!!!!

Did I mention Carter also slides to 9 , Skronski at 12 and Bears get Downs at 39?
:smug:

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I've not been a guy that thinks the Texans trade from 2 to 1, but if the Colts are putting it out there that they are desperate, that's the type of stuff that can get them to move 1 spot to get their top guy and to block the Colts.

The other scenario Stroud creates is if the Bears to trade with the Colts, they could potentially trade down from 4 as well (looking at Carolina) and get an absolute haul from 2 trade downs in the top 5. And that could happen whether Houston takes a QB or not. Even more reason to trade again if Houston takes Anderson and Cardinals grab Carter (Texans also become a threat to trade back up).
Yeah, from 1 to 4 and from 4 to 7,8,9 has been my dream scenario. With Vegas and ATL as potential partners along with Car. Would put the bears squarely in the heart of the offensive Tackle talent pool. Kick em to the right side if Jones keeps progressing.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Shut your pie holes.

I said:

OFFSEASON SOLVED!!!!!

Did I mention Carter also slides to 9 , Skronski at 12 and Bears get Downs at 39?
:smug:
You misspelled ”JSN falls to 39”

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Don't forget about his natural moxy, work ethic, leadership, being a coaches son, gym rat, first in last out, ability to read defenses and processing power!!!!!!
Are you talking about JF?

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I originally had him , but that seemed unrealistic.
My whole philosophy this offseason is if it’s unrealistic then it’s probably destined to happen.

Chicago started 3-4 and were one play away from winning games against Min, NYG, and Was in that span. Took a lot of u realistic shit to happen to get this team to 3-14 Then the crazy Hou/Ind game happened.

So yeah, seems like the unlikely may be likely this year.