Cairos Santos should stay the starter when Eddie comes back

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
I am pretty confident that Santos has performed well above most fans expectations including myself these first 6 games and for me i see zero reason to give Eddie his job back. I know its just the kicker position but i actually feel confident when he kicks. Thoughts?

Liked Posts:
I am pretty confident that Santos has performed well above most fans expectations including myself these first 6 games and for me i see zero reason to give Eddie his job back. I know its just the kicker position but i actually feel confident when he kicks. Thoughts?
Yes, been watching him and the ball is consistent in its pattern of flight every kick. I've been getting more and more confidence in him and what a great addition if he keeps it up

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Most kickers run hot and cold. Unless you have have Justin Tucker or Stephen G. in his prime, you ride the hot foot.

Liked Posts:
Most kickers run hot and cold. Unless you have have Justin Tucker or Stephen G. in his prime, you ride the hot foot.
Ya and it's good position to be in having 2 capable kickers especially since Forbaith is gone.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
With the way the IR rules are you could keep Eddie on the IR and essentially bring him back after three weeks (already past that).

Granada

Liked Posts:

Fine by me. I'm still a little nervous when he kicks in all honesty, but he's definitely the best option and should be the guy even when Pineiro returns (assuming he stays consistent).

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
You would think Nagy would ride the hot foot, but who knows. Nagy has made plenty of idiotic decisions and this could be another one.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’m pretty sure he’s on the santos hype train.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Def deserves to keep his job. He’s performing and Eddie has proven nothing

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Santos is kicking with confidence. Football is a mental game at that position. Bears special teams, particularly in punt coverage is also lots better over the 2018 team.

yet another sign boys...this is about to be the year

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm happy for Santos. He was good for a long time, and then went on to a slump and it looks like he found his second wind. Been a fan of him since his Tulane days.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
Not just statistically but he also came up real clutch in the Tampa game. Had two pressure kicks in that game and that 55 yarder against Carolina was a beauty.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
He’s been kicking well. He has a nice fade to the ball that he seems to be able to consistently control.

I’m just waiting for the weather to change and see how he performs at Soldier Field before saying the Bears should make him the permanent starter.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Should be Santos job until he messes up. I'm much more confident when he kicks than I am with Eddie

Idk what's going on with Eddie, but it seems like a pretty serious injury for a kicker. Or Maybe they just aren't rushing him back because Santos has been solid.

msadows

Liked Posts:
He was money for KC before his injury.

Took a while to come back but he's the best we've had since Gould

While I think he's been playing great its only 6 games so far.

He def deserves to keep the job, tho. Nothing pinero did last year should qualify him to have a starting position again based on how carlos is playing.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Should be Santos job until he messes up. I'm much more confident when he kicks than I am with Eddie

Idk what's going on with Eddie, but it seems like a pretty serious injury for a kicker. Or Maybe they just aren't rushing him back because Santos has been solid.

Probably this.

I mean, a groin injury for any player is a serious injury. Just ask trey "bitch" burton.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I agree that Santos looks to have a more consistent kicking style. He may miss wide, but his strike and the ball's path of flight have looked good. All this points to a higher level of confidence for me

With Piniero, I couldn't trust his confidence or approach. At times the moment seemed big for him and he would have a terribly hit kick. Piniero was good inside the 40 though, but never felt real good about him hitting above that..

I still like Piniero, but he only has one year under him. Maybe he can build on a solid rookie season. Santos has had a career of mostly 80% + kicking average, with only a bad 1-2 years where things went awry. Everything is pointing to him returning to his usual self...

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Pinero should not come back