Calling u out

HSBOB

My favorite teams
Chicago Blackhawks
Because every playoff team is max capped or close to it.

If a playoff team needs cap space to get a guy they think will put them over the top, they will give up assets for the cap space.
What you're describing is an offseason move,TDL moves have been expiring contracts going one way and picks coming back.
My point is,why would a team give up it's first to save a few months worth of salary?
We see players go this TDL almost every year,we gave up a 1st for Ladd,the Jets gave up a 1st for Stasny and then again for Hayes and many more.
I'm not saying the Hawks shouldn't or wouldn't pick up a contract to get a 1st back but it sure as hell won't be an expiring contract and the player involved probably won't be much either.........possibly bought out.

MassHavoc

Staff member
What you're describing is an offseason move,TDL moves have been expiring contracts going one way and picks coming back.
My point is,why would a team give up it's first to save a few months worth of salary?
We see players go this TDL almost every year,we gave up a 1st for Ladd,the Jets gave up a 1st for Stasny and then again for Hayes and many more.
I'm not saying the Hawks shouldn't or wouldn't pick up a contract to get a 1st back but it sure as hell won't be an expiring contract and the player involved probably won't be much either.........possibly bought out.
They aren't giving up picks to save salary they are giving it up to free up cap space to make an acquisition for a cup run. Doubt it would be a first but I will take any picks the more the merrier. Always able to package to move up.

Target35

My favorite teams
Chicago Cubs Toronto FC Chicago Bulls Chicago Bears Chicago Blackhawks
Totally agree with BigBarn27 , this is a fun team to watch grow to potentially a cup contender in a few years . They are competitive , young and still have some young assets in the farm system to complement whats already here . The trade deadline will be interesting as they do have some vets like DeHann , Walmart. Sodeberg that teams contending this year will want for their stretch drive .
JC is starting to sound like a head coach and the buy in from the vets I think has a lot to do with it and as mentioned lets not forget who there missing right now , which in a way has enabled them to realize the talent of the young players quicker which should help in future evaluations . Rather be where we are now with a young promising team versus a team full of veteran players who have under delivered over the past 5 years .

HSBOB

My favorite teams
Chicago Blackhawks
Totally agree with BigBarn27 , this is a fun team to watch grow to potentially a cup contender in a few years . They are competitive , young and still have some young assets in the farm system to complement whats already here . The trade deadline will be interesting as they do have some vets like DeHann , Walmart. Sodeberg that teams contending this year will want for their stretch drive .
JC is starting to sound like a head coach and the buy in from the vets I think has a lot to do with it and as mentioned lets not forget who there missing right now , which in a way has enabled them to realize the talent of the young players quicker which should help in future evaluations . Rather be where we are now with a young promising team versus a team full of veteran players who have under delivered over the past 5 years .
Those veterans might have been worn out from winning cups and an infusion of youth would have helped too but we saw little until this year. All those cup winners will be gone in a few years.

Bust

I know it's still early but IMHO it's time to recognize that this team is not the one many were hating on before the season began. Led by vets Kane, Cat and Keith, these guys are playing hard and getting points. We've found a goalie. We just took 3 points from a solid contender. And we're doing it without Dach and Toews. Time to give JC and this team their props.
This will be one of the greatest call out threads ever! Notice now some of these guys are using the weak division excuse, heh.

Blackhawks realigned due to covid division has both Stanley cup finals teams from last year in the Lightning and Dallas Stars.

The new dooms day reports is the march schedule is the real test now so expect the usual from the same posters, hehhehehe

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

HSBOB

My favorite teams
Chicago Blackhawks
Calling people out for having low expectations of a team who's own GM said NOT to expect a competitive squad this year after a 3rd of a season........priceless!
Raise your hand if you predicted a PO team this year and bump the post saying so or STFU!

The fact is,neither the positive or the negative saw much to be excited about before the year started and that makes the 'I told you so' bullshit ring HOLLOW!

Last edited:

gopher72

C'mon. Lighten up. We r all Hawks fans here. The consensus on this forum before the season began was 1) the team sucked 2) JC couldn't coach in the bigs and 3) Stan was a moron. The consensus got 1 of 3 right. No one I can remember and I mean no one predicted with Dach and Toews out that this team would be 2 pts out of 1st place after 21 games.