Can Griner beat UConn?

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
The University of Connecticut is on something like a 75 game winning streak, and has been beating teams by an average of 47 points a game in the NCAA tournament so far.

Baylor is led by the man child Britney Griner. Griner has set the NCAA tournament record for blocks and dunks already.

Griner is averaging 11 blocks a game over the past 3 games.

The tallest player on UConn is 6'4".

Can Griner take down UConn?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Where's Frankie Breakfast Sandwich? We need his take on this. :lol:

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
11 blocks per game? Oo

What a beast!

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Calling Griner "man child" is wrong man, just wrong...lol

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Bullseye wrote:
11 blocks per game? Oo

What a beast!

It'll be scary how much she can dominate NCAAW as she progresses through the years. She's really found herself during the NCAA tournament and has become very much a dominating defensive force. She is the only player in women's basketball history that can dunk on anything but a break away. She can dunk through traffic.

If she can polish up her offensive game, she will be unstoppable. She is kind of like what Wilt was to those little white men that couldn't jump more than 2 inches back in the 60's.

This game is kind of like Wilt vs. the old Celtics, in that you have a completely dominating team versus the dominating player. UConn probably still wins, but they will have to do so by jumpshooting as Griner will shut down their penetration game.

fola

Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:
Calling Griner "man child" is wrong man, just wrong...lol

and yet its so right..

Liked Posts:
Brittany Griner could lead Baylor to a victory over the Nets. I mean that with every fiber of my being.

Have you see her play?

Of course they're going to take out UCONN.

You can laugh all you want right now - go ahead; laugh it up Houheffna. Giggle if you so choose, Pfeiffer and Lewenstein, but I am telling you, BRITTANY GRINER is going to become the first woman to ever play in a regular season NBA game. I guarantee it.

It may not be for a few more years but when the WNBA is dismantled because of lack of interest/finances, by 2014 Brittany Griner WILL play in the NBA and she will average at least a 20-10 in the NBA (whose going to stop her, Chris Kaman? There's only 3 good centers at the moment).

And once she comes into the league it will open the door for at least 3 or 4 other female stars to join the NBA as well.

Take it to the bank.

I guarantee it.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Brittany Griner could lead Baylor to a victory over the Nets. I mean that with every fiber of my being.

Have you see her play?

You can laugh all you want right now - go ahead; laugh it up Houheffna. Giggle if you so choose, Pfeiffer and Lewenstein, but I am telling you, BRITTANY GRINER is going to become the first woman to ever play in a regular season NBA game. I guarantee it.

It may not be for a few more years but when the WNBA is dismantled because of lack of interest/finances, by 2014 Brittany Griner WILL play in the NBA and she will average at least a 20-10 in the NBA (whose going to stop her, Chris Kaman? There's only 3 good centers at the moment).

And once she comes into the league it will open the door for at least 3 or 4 other female stars to join the NBA as well.

Take it to the bank.

I guarantee it.

You know Frank, I missed you man...until I read this damn post...have a good trip...

Liked Posts:
hahaha!! i miss you too houie and everybody else on here!

you'll see - she's going to shock the world (her against Noah would make for a fascinating matchup since they look exactly like each other and basically have the same exact game).

Alright, I'm going to take my 8th nap of the day, gotta run.

Thanks for that post. Talk to you later my brother.

houheffna wrote:

Have you see her play?

Take it to the bank.

I guarantee it.

You know Frank, I missed you man...until I read this damn post...have a good trip...

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Frank Breakfast-Styleham wrote:

Have you see her play?

Take it to the bank.

I guarantee it.

Haha that was just the laugh I needed today. Thanks Franks. :laugh:

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
Um, six foot eight female center, how is she supposed to average 20-10. If luol fucking deng played in the wnba, he'd average 50 pts-30 rebounds-15 stls-25 blocks. And I wanna see it.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I just read that 20-10 stuff...that lets me know that Frank does not want to be taken seriously...so I don't because that's a joke...

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I guess the answer to the original question is no...

Liked Posts:
Despite the embarrassing defeat I truly meant every word I said.

Here's some things we should remember, boys...

1. Brittany Griner is a sensational basketball player.

2. This is her FRESHMAN year. In other words, she has zero NCAA Final Four experience. She didn't do bad considering she was playing High School "Shoot n' Giggle" basketball with girls that weren't even half her size just one year ago. The playing field is much more difficult and Baylor lost because they were going up against a bunch of older, mature players who play in the Finals 4-16 EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR. Forever. This may have been one of the top 10 greatest college teams EVER, men OR women. Considering all of this I think the career of one Brittany Griner is off to a superhuman start.

3. It might take 4-8 years for her to achieve a 20-10 against the guys but I'm telling you - when I see someone as gifted as she is - she has long arms, she sees the court better than anyone I've seen, she blocks and rebounds like a female Bill Russell...she's got the tools and she's got the talent. In 7 years at the very latest we will witness her putting up a 20 and 10 against NBA competition.

Once the WNBA folds for lack of revenue and fanbase, David Stern realizes that in this politically-correct world various equal rights groups and feminist extremists are going to sue the league if the female stars are denied an equal shot at playing.

We laughed when Violot Palmer tried to become the first female referee and the last I checked she's been reffing for almost 10 years now.

Take it to the bank. I am as serious as I can be. By the end of this new decade we WILL see WNBA stars (yes, that's plural) in the NBA. Granted, most of them won't deserve it, but Brittany Griner legitimately deserves to play in the NBA. In 4-7 years she will be THAT good.

houheffna wrote:
I just read that 20-10 stuff...that lets me know that Frank does not want to be taken seriously...so I don't because that's a joke...

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Somebody get me a shovel...you are equating a female referee with a basketball player...and who laughed? this is a steaming pile of garbage man...its senseless...

Liked Posts:
Go ahead. Do it. Start grunting like a caveman.

Shhh Shhhhhhuhhuh! Everyone quiet down! Hou's gonna grunt like a caveman.

Hou, the floor is yours.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
You on a damn cruise, but you have time to go online and talk this craziness...lol...I am beginning to think you are not an NBA fan...not even women would agree with that b.s.

Liked Posts:
Yeah, maybe they wouldn't. Dude I've got to check email...see how everything's shakin' down home! Then, as you said, I DO find time to shed my 2 cents. Depends on the day I suppose.