Can Hester Blossom into our Go-To Guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
It isn't considered "even average" by people that don't understand it at first, look it up, then still don't understand it.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Dolt isn't mainstream however I prefer "fuckin' yaldie"

wrl50 style.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
he never be number 1 guy..be good number 3 and great returner

Adibear

Liked Posts:
IMO his returning game has suffered since Lovie said he could be a #1 WR..he never seems to hit the wholes the way he used to.

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
IMO his returning game has suffered since Lovie said he could be a #1 WR..he never seems to hit the wholes the way he used to.

Yeah he doesn't wanna be injured. He has 2 jobs now, can't risk each one.

CubbieBlue

Go Cubs Go!
Liked Posts:
He will never be the number one receiver, especially with the emergence of Aromashodu. Lovie only has so much say on who Cutler is going to throw it to.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'll never understand why people always point to his numbers or "possible numbers" if he was healthy. Has anyone who actually watched Hester play think he is at all a "above average/ decent" WR? As if Hester having 1,000 yards last year would have changed the fact he doesn't have a feel for the position, doesn't know the offense, and was immediately out produced by anyone that replaced him.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I'll never understand why people always point to his numbers or "possible numbers" if he was healthy. Has anyone who actually watched Hester play think he is at all a "above average/ decent" WR? As if Hester having 1,000 yards last year would have changed the fact he doesn't have a feel for the position, doesn't know the offense, and was immediately out produced by anyone that replaced him.

I will say he is an average WR. He isn't great or good, but he sure isn't completely terrible.

I wouldn't say he is above average though.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Here, you dolt:

More specifically, Hester is really, REALLY dumb. The word coming out of Halas Hall (for years now) is that Devin had a LOT of trouble understanding the West Coast offense, and still had trouble (along with the rest of the wide receivers) in understanding the dumbed down version of the same offense instituted last season.

This has been evidenced (time and time again) by his inability to run the correct routes (both Orton and Cutler had to deal with this), break off his route when he saw the QB was under duress, and the multiple times he has lined up in the wrong position before the snap (Multiple times, Moose had to physically move Hester to the right spot, and the Bears have had to burn countless timeouts because Hester was again out of position).

1st off, calling me a dolt. Really? Did i insult you in any way or was my post even reflective of anything that would merit calling me a dolt? I would normally say something vulgar to you and your partner First, but im over fighting with posters like you. You typical, bitter, crybaby, pompous Chicago fans....

I love how you use Hesters 2nd season(1st as a part time WR) as an example of how he's too stupid to play WR. Yeah, lets bring up Moose and how he had to teach him where to go. Is Rex still our QB or can we talk about the 2009 Bears at least? If you really question Hesters hands, i question whether you really watched him last season. He has undoubtedly improved in both his route running and hands.

Dont quote MRN on height because look around the league, short guys are getting it done too.

All i know is the guy played a few snaps at WR his whole football career until 07 and has steadily improved his game. Im not claiming he's a #1 or even a #2. But to say he's not average is an insult to Hester and to everyones intelligence.

Sorry he didnt live up to your expectations at WR and declined in what should have been his only role as a return man. But dont be a hater because of it. With all of that said i probably wont be responding to you or FT anymore. I'll converse with open minded Chicago fans who don't act like children and insult people and dont let their bitter feeling towards certain members of our teams get in the way. Good day, sir.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I will say he is an average WR. He isn't great or good, but he sure isn't completely terrible.

I wouldn't say he is above average though.

Havent you heard? If youre not a 1,000 yard WR with double digit TDs w/ amazing route running and hands, you just flat out suck.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He will never be the number one receiver, especially with the emergence of Aromashodu. Lovie only has so much say on who Cutler is going to throw it to.

Martz has Hester as the #2 and DA #3. Thats what was reported out of camp the other day. Dont know why, but thats how it is right now.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love how you use Hesters 2nd season(1st as a part time WR) as an example of how he's too stupid to play WR. Yeah, lets bring up Moose and how he had to teach him where to go. Is Rex still our QB or can we talk about the 2009 Bears at least? If you really question Hesters hands, i question whether you really watched him last season. He has undoubtedly improved in both his route running and hands.

..............You do realize Cutler was having issues with Hester lining up correctly last year right? Hub Arkush covered it constantly last season. Do yourself a favor and actually know what you're talking about..........

All i know is the guy played a few snaps at WR his whole football career until 07 and has steadily improved his game.
LOL. No he hasn't. He's still making the same mistakes last year that he was in 2007.

With all of that said i probably wont be responding to you or FT anymore. I'll converse with open minded Chicago fans who don't act like children and insult people and dont let their bitter feeling towards certain members of our teams get in the way. Good day, sir.
Yeah because you've been getting your teeth kicked in. LOL at Lefty or me not being "open minded". I've forgotten more about this team than you will ever know.

I never even said Hester sucked in general...just that he's a shitty #1 WR...because he is.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Havent you heard? If youre not a 1,000 yard WR with double digit TDs w/ amazing route running and hands, you just flat out suck.

Never said that.

Lame hyperbole.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'll converse with open minded Chicago fans who don't act like children and insult people and dont let their bitter feeling towards certain members of our teams get in the way. Good day, sir.

I'd also like to comment on this..

I have no "hate" towards Hester. I don't root for him to fail just so I can comeback here and say "I told you so".

I hope Hester goes out this season and every season and has 1,800 yards 15 TD's and helps the Bears win a Super Bowl. I'd liove nothing more than to see Hester blow up and take over. I hope the light "clicks" on or whatever and he finally gets it and turns into a true WR.

My issue doesn't revolve around a vendetta against Hester, it's mainly the fact that all these Hester jock riders come on here and after 3 seasons of playing some very very average WR use terms like "substantial improvement", when there's been no such thing, and try to make arguments for Hester being a good WR.....because right now he's not. Do I think he can and will turn into one? Frankly, no. I just don't see the mental part of it bein there and the natural feel for the position that many WR's have. Do I hope it happens?

Hell yes.

I'm sure Lefty feels the same.

So basically I don't have an issue with Hester, just people's bullshit grasping at straws and reasoning for why he is "verry good/good etc" right now...when he's not.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Yes he can be our go to guy..............to return kicks

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
Martz has Hester as the #2 and DA #3. Thats what was reported out of camp the other day. Dont know why, but thats how it is right now.

I heard it was Hester, Knox, then D.A. slot. But that's me. I have no idea, it's just camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.