Can someone list injuries sustained by Glennon, Trubisky or Foles due to poor OL play?

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
i think its more about giving fields enough time to work through progressions epecially in his rookie year in the event he has to play. Also getting hit is never a good thing, aside from injury, qb's who get hit early and often can see ghosts (darnold) or end up getting antsy and just take off instead of sitting in and making the necessary throw.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Mitch Trubisky was banged up a lot during his time with the Bears.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
trubisky injured his shoulder once but might have been on a late hit during a slide. Don't remember. Anyway not the lines fault

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
I’ve seen QB’s get hit often early on fuck with their minds for their entire career. No way to prove it was because of that. There’s no reason to risk playing a rookie QB behind a shitty offensive line when winning the Super Bowl is an impossibility

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I’ve seen QB’s get hit often early on fuck with their minds for their entire career. No way to prove it was because of that. There’s no reason to risk playing a rookie QB behind a shitty offensive line when winning the Super Bowl is an impossibility
Justin Herbert and his rookie td record might say otherwise.

His line made the bears look great.

As long as the line is not legendarily bad, you don't squander a year of experience.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not one of those players are currently starting quarterbacks in the NFL, so you could say the Bears' OL broke their hopes, dreams and career ambitions.

SugabearMVP

Liked Posts:
I dont think the talk is about injuries specifically but more about allowing the QB to do his job. Our OLine didn't offer any QB the time to do their job because they couldn't block anyone. This results in our QB getting hit repeatedly and/or scrambling, which of course can lead to injuries if that's all they do.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Uhhhhh... what? Our oline sucks. You watch the games, right? If we want to give Fields time in the pocket, keep him upright, time for our receivers to run their routes, holes for Montgomery to run through, we might want a better oline.

Look no further than the latest Super Bowl to see how important a solid oline is. Mahomes was running for his life, and the Kansas City Chiefs didn't score a touchdown in that game. If anything, that game should have made people realize that we need to upgrade the oline immediately. If a prolific offense like that can struggle due to poor oline play, an offense like ours has no chance.

The addition of Jenkins should help tremendously. And hopefully this Borom dude was a late round steal. Because we need the help on our oline badly.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Not one of those players are currently starting quarterbacks in the NFL, so you could say the Bears' OL broke their hopes, dreams and career ambitions.
Thank You. I didn’t know how to say it that nice

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Foles got WWE'd thanks to Leno/Ifedi/Coward.. trash can..

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Uhhhhh... what? Our oline sucks. You watch the games, right? If we want to give Fields time in the pocket, keep him upright, time for our receivers to run their routes, holes for Montgomery to run through, we might want a better oline.

Look no further than the latest Super Bowl to see how important a solid oline is. Mahomes was running for his life, and the Kansas City Chiefs didn't score a touchdown in that game. If anything, that game should have made people realize that we need to upgrade the oline immediately. If a prolific offense like that can struggle due to poor oline play, an offense like ours has no chance.

The addition of Jenkins should help tremendously. And hopefully this Borom dude was a late round steal. Because we need the help on our oline badly.
The O line combo that solidified later in the season was Leno, Whitehair, Mustipher, Bars and Ifedi. They actually got the run game going a bit which allowed the team to throw off play action more often and move Trubisky around. Olin Kreutz has talked about how Mustipher did a great job in the middle there which allowed Whitehair to move back to guard where his game picked up.

We go into this year with improvements on two of those 5 positions, presumably Jenkins at LT and Daniels back at RG with Ifedi at RT. We got help on our O line. Ideally we'd be able to put Ifedi on the bench in favor of a better RT but we substantially improved through adding Jenkins/Daniels while Bars got some valuable experience as the primary backup. It could be worse.

All this "oh noes the O line is awful therefore I can't play my new QB" is nonsense. Players play, that's what they're called "players." I highly doubt Justin Fields would say "yea nah sorry can't play behind this offensive line" so why should we?

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Nobody is saying o-line isnt important.
It is just stupid that people want to squander a year of play because the bears dont have an all pro line.
I hate the "rookies should sit and learn for a year" mentality as well.

People bring up rodgers, mahomes, even rivers as examples of sitting paying off, but they sat behind pro bowlers or HOF players.
They didnt sit just to sit, they sat because there were real players on the field.

It seems pretty counter intuitive to say "the big shock these QBs will have making the transition is having defenses twice as fast that hit twice as hard bearing down on them... so lets remove them from the game entirely for a year".

Bears QBs were 16th in the league in sacks taken last year. Does the team have to be in the top 3 in order to risk exposing a poor, fragile rookie to real game pressure?

Trotting out dalton serves no purpose.The bears drafted Fields, they should play him.

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Justin Herbert and his rookie td record might say otherwise.

His line made the bears look great.

As long as the line is not legendarily bad, you don't squander a year of experience.
Joe Burrow and his blown out knee might agree though

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Nobody is saying o-line isnt important.
It is just stupid that people want to squander a year of play because the bears dont have an all pro line.
I hate the "rookies should sit and learn for a year" mentality as well.

People bring up rodgers, mahomes, even rivers as examples of sitting paying off, but they sat behind pro bowlers or HOF players.
They didnt sit just to sit, they sat because there were real players on the field.

It seems pretty counter intuitive to say "the big shock these QBs will have making the transition is having defenses twice as fast that hit twice as hard bearing down on them... so lets remove them from the game entirely for a year".

Bears QBs were 16th in the league in sacks taken last year. Does the team have to be in the top 3 in order to risk exposing a poor, fragile rookie to real game pressure?

Trotting out dalton serves no purpose.The bears drafted Fields, they should play him.
I could see some correlation to having a QB sit, and how tragically bad the team around him is. Look no further than the sad tale of David Carr. Dude got absolutely brutalized behind that Houston OL and bad team. Lol.

But for the most part, I agree. If Fields is better than Dalton, and has a grip on the playbook, play him week 1. I feel like the oline will be much improved over the first half of last season. Fields should be fine back there. And will be helped greatly if we can get David Montgomery going.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
No, but I did personally suffer severe injury by ripping my dick off after watching each one of them play...

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I could see some correlation to having a QB sit, and how tragically bad the team around him is. Look no further than the sad tale of David Carr. Dude got absolutely brutalized behind that Houston OL and bad team. Lol.

But for the most part, I agree. If Fields is better than Dalton, and has a grip on the playbook, play him week 1. I feel like the oline will be much improved over the first half of last season. Fields should be fine back there. And will be helped greatly if we can get David Montgomery going.
Carr was tragic... but as an expansion team what could they do?
Another tragic season I can recall is Kitna getting wiped out on the lions. I seem to remember him getting knocked cold early and then playing later.

No ill will towards Dalton, but I would rather just see him sit and get paid.

The bears with a 5.5 sack percentage is nowhere near alarming enough for me to worry about the kids health.