Can Someone Please Explain

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I hear constantly that it takes time to learn and new system, play book or develop chemistry
with receivers etc.
So how does Baker (who I can't stand) get to LA 1-2 days ahead of the game last night and throw
35 times with some TD passes a number of nice 20+ yard passes with guys he's never seen
or played with and lead a last minute comeback? They had to have run more than a couple different
plays over and over. How does this happen?

Nelly

Liked Posts:
How does Baker Mayfield come in on a Tuesday then lead a crazy game-winning couple TD drives with crap receivers on a Sunday given all the talk about building rapport with receivers and guys learning the system?

I'd just remind you that they scored a total of 17 points, and looked like utter shit before those couple drives.

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Sometimes football is a game of pitch and catch, he was just slinging it and guys like Van Jefferson and Skoronek made some great catches. They weren't doing much until crunch time, it's not like he lit it up all game. Raiders pass rush got tired and their secondary is ass.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
How does Baker Mayfield come in on a Tuesday then lead a crazy game-winning couple TD drives with crap receivers on a Sunday given all the talk about building rapport with receivers and guys learning the system?

I'd just remind you that they scored a total of 17 points, and looked like utter shit before those couple drives.
Just listen to sherm after the game. Raiders really gave him the game.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
This literally happens all the time with backup QBs, rookies debut, etc. Many times the other team is ill prepared and the inserted QB is playing off straight adrenaline, has no psychological pressure on them to perform well and as a result is able to play loosely.

It was worse when Mitch was QB, but someone would make a thread hete evrrytime some no name dude came off the bench and had a decent game....only for them to flail in the coming weeks.

PrimeTime

Knowledge Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cause white dudes DON'T have back yards?.......
Bigot much...at least you're not a racist, right. That's where we draw the line here. As far as I'm concerned both Bigots and racist can take a long walk on a short plank. Although there wouldn't be many posters left here after that.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm sure they had a very basic playbook for him. They were playing the Raiders - how many games this year have they blown a lead in the 4th? He has been in the league for what - 6 years? He's a veteran and has always been able to play off script. The Rams offense looked like dogshit all game

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:

Yes but they won with that and yet the Bears suggest it's weeks on end to integrate a WR or 2 last year and Claypool and Harry this year.
Doesn't add up to me.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Do i need to keep explaining this?

They lined up in press man against a QB with 15 seconds left on the clock. Absolutely terrible defensive choice.

Baker made a heck of a throw, but it doesn't take a football genius to realize the go route has a chance there.

That final play had nothing to do with knowing a playbook, and everything to do with not being completely football stupid.