Liked Posts:
Hell of a story huh?

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Probably been said...

Ever heard of "prevent defense"?

aka, being passive, not blitzing, playing soft coverage, etc.

Nagy's offenses basically only scored late in garbage-time too.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Uh, Baker said some of the concepts were similar, plus the raiders were raiders played really dumb defense down the stretch.

The second part was my observation. I don't know how you don't give safety help on drives where the offense has to pass because time is running out.

Plus they gave free first downs with really stupid penalties. And I mean stupid, like I cut you after the game stupid.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I hear constantly that it takes time to learn and new system, play book or develop chemistry
with receivers etc.
So how does Baker (who I can't stand) get to LA 1-2 days ahead of the game last night and throw
35 times with some TD passes a number of nice 20+ yard passes with guys he's never seen
or played with and lead a last minute comeback? They had to have run more than a couple different
plays over and over. How does this happen?
You're not crazy, and they can't explain it away. You're watching football outside of the Bears bubble and realizing that other teams face similar circumstances to the Bears when the Bears have failure, and those teams are having success with those similar circumstances.