CAN THE 2021 BLACKHAWKS BE THE 5TH TEAM...??

Bust

Liked Posts:

In the past 10 years, four teams have gone on to win the Stanley Cup after firing their head coach during the season. And prior to 2009, only three teams in league history had accomplished the feat. Coincidentally, the Leafs — in 1932 when they replaced Art Duncan with Dick Irvin Sr. — were the first to do it.

The Pittsburgh Penguins are the only franchise to pull off the miracle move twice. Both Dan Bylsma (2009) and Mike Sullivan (2016) were coaching the Penguins' AHL affiliate prior to leading their teams to a Stanley Cup title.

Darryl Sutter did it with the Los Angeles Kings in 2012, also becoming the first No. 8 seed to win.

St. Louis Blues fired Mike Yeo after a 7-9-3 start. Craig Berube took over but on Jan. 1 the Blues were dead last in the league at 15–18–4. However, the team went 30-10-5 the rest of the season, including a franchise-record 11-game winning streak, and beat the Boston Bruins in seven games to win their first Cup in franchise history.

Last edited:

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

In the past 10 years, four teams have gone on to win the Stanley Cup after firing their head coach during the season. And prior to 2009, only three teams in league history had accomplished the feat. Coincidentally, the Leafs — in 1932 when they replaced Art Duncan with Dick Irvin Sr. — were the first to do it.

The Pittsburgh Penguins are the only franchise to pull off the miracle move twice. Both Dan Bylsma (2009) and Mike Sullivan (2016) were coaching the Penguins' AHL affiliate prior to leading their teams to a Stanley Cup title.

Darryl Sutter did it with the Los Angeles Kings in 2012, also becoming the first No. 8 seed to win.

St. Louis Blues fired Mike Yeo after a 7-9-3 start. Craig Berube took over but on Jan. 1 the Blues were dead last in the league at 15–18–4. However, the team went 30-10-5 the rest of the season, including a franchise-record 11-game winning streak, and beat the Boston Bruins in seven games to win their first Cup in franchise history.
Honestly, probably not. I got a feeling that are not going to look at another GM until much later this year, and I don't think they will take on a coach from outside of the organization with this new GM.

Either they ride JC, or once Crawford is back from Covid, he takes over. I don't think either will take this team to the cup, and I still think the lineup has holes that can't be properly addressed this season.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Clean house for hockey reasons too.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Honestly, probably not. I got a feeling that are not going to look at another GM until much later this year, and I don't think they will take on a coach from outside of the organization with this new GM.

Either they ride JC, or once Crawford is back from Covid, he takes over. I don't think either will take this team to the cup, and I still think the lineup has holes that can't be properly addressed this season.
The winless wonders might just keep the worst HC in the league.....they deserve each other. Crawford? Maybe he'll kick em in the back again........what the fuck is he still doin' in the league with the self righteous mob out for blood?

Bust

Liked Posts:
AM I ABOUT TO CALL IT OR AM I ABOUT TO CALL IT!!???!!!

Savard18

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
like your positivity Bust, but that is not happening. It's a longshot for playoffs alone, Have you watched any of this season? LOL

SkyKing

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
How many teams DIDN'T win the Cup after firing their coach.

Bust

Liked Posts:
How many teams DIDN'T win the Cup after firing their coach.

I have something even better.

Behold! My Chicago Sky <this is the year> thread . . .

I don't want to brag but. I have been on a nostradamus-like tear this year. Not only predicting chicago teams fortunes but my football bets have been off the hook this year! boom $$$$