2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
In the end, that's what the draft is about. Whether or not the players picked can help us win more games.

Although the OL and WR were glaring needs, the secondary was a definite need as well.
Anyone who watches game tape could see how the 2nd CB spot and play at the safety position literally cost us games last season. Teams knew that Ejax couldn't tackle and Vildor couldn't cover and would exploit that matchup every time. Improving the starters in those positions should net us at least a couple wins if those guys pan out.

The O-Line was awful. It doesn't matter what all-pro receiver you have if Fields doesn't have time to throw. His deep ball accuracy won't be of much use if he doesn't have the time to throw a deep route. A couple of big play completions and less drive killing penalties could give us another win, even with this awful group of WRs. The WRs were awful last year, but there were a few plays that if Fields had just a second more, he might have been able to pull off a big play to one of the scrubs.

If we get a functional group of starters on the O-line out the combination of draft picks and free agents, and we improve the secondary, we should be able to squeeze out a few more wins. This is not a complete product by any means, but hopefully we will wind up with a competitive D and the bones of an offense we could add meat to in the next draft.
ywa, but not in 2022. In 2023 and beyond there are players we drafted that will be part of more wins

Montucky

Liked Posts:
No, there are no comparisons. There is no quantifiable data or anything resembling non-biased proof that has ever been posted on this board to back up this claim. I have asked for it maybe 20-30 times and it's always like people are suddenly too busy to answer.

There is no doubt Ryan Pace is better in the mid rounds than he is early but as far as how he stacks up to the rest of the NFL? No one knows. Its ass-talk.
I've asked the same thing, find me a team that consistently drafted better than Ryan Pace.

The answers are New Orleans, Tampa Bay and Baltimore. The Eagles had a run there for a while but they've since fallen off. A lot of franchises you could make the argument are about as good as Pace was, but not many are unequivocally better.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
No, there are no comparisons. There is no quantifiable data or anything resembling non-biased proof that has ever been posted on this board to back up this claim. I have asked for it maybe 20-30 times and it's always like people are suddenly too busy to answer.

There is no doubt Ryan Pace is better in the mid rounds than he is early but as far as how he stacks up to the rest of the NFL? No one knows. Its ass-talk.
Yes, just because he drafts just as well as Mike Maccagnan doesn't mean that he was good at it.

My Ryan Pace draft regime positive takeaway...he sure could draft RBs.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I've asked the same thing, find me a team that consistently drafted better than Ryan Pace.

The answers are New Orleans, Tampa Bay and Baltimore. The Eagles had a run there for a while but they've since fallen off. A lot of franchises you could make the argument are about as good as Pace was, but not many are unequivocally better.
People who make the claim that a GM with 1 winning season in 7 drafts better than most of the NFL should be the ones to provide the data. Not the 95% of people who disagree with you. You want to prove to know something that everyone else does, show it to us. Where is the data?

Bill Polian came here and said "lol there's no one on this roster". Modern NFL where half the league can easily put up 23 points and we're supposed to be impressed that Ryan Pace found rotational DL and Nick Kwitkowski. Fuckkkkkk off

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild

You need to stop googling the same teams. There is a team in the NFC North(arguably 2) that has a better draft record than Pace's tenure

48-66

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
You need to stop googling the same teams. There is a team in the NFC North(arguably 2) that has a better draft record than Pace's tenure

48-66
Hell the lions have had similar success to pace over the last 7 years

Montucky

Liked Posts:
People who make the claim that a GM with 1 winning season in 7 drafts better than most of the NFL should be the ones to provide the data. Not the 95% of people who disagree with you. You want to prove to know something that everyone else does, show it to us. Where is the data?

Bill Polian came here and said "lol there's no one on this roster". Modern NFL where half the league can easily put up 23 points and we're supposed to be impressed that Ryan Pace found rotational DL and Nick Kwitkowski. Fuckkkkkk off
The issue with Pace was that he was good at drafting but also traded away far too many draft picks. And he also couldn't make a good decision on the quarterback decision to save his life. Mitch Trubisky cost a first, two thirds and a fourth and could charitably be described as mediocre. Justin Fields cost two firsts and two fifths and looked like a quarterback who couldn't even beat out Jake Fromm.

Everyone drafts an Adam Shaheen or Riley Ridley every so often. Comes with the territory. The problem is when you only have four or five picks every year because you just had to have some scrub Ohio State quarterback who racked up video game stats playing B1G opponents with an Olympic track team to throw to.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
The issue with Pace was that he was good at drafting but also traded away far too many draft picks. And he also couldn't make a good decision on the quarterback decision to save his life. Mitch Trubisky cost a first, two thirds and a fourth and could charitably be described as mediocre. Justin Fields cost two firsts and two fifths and looked like a quarterback who couldn't even beat out Jake Fromm.

Everyone drafts an Adam Shaheen or Riley Ridley every so often. Comes with the territory. The problem is when you only have four or five picks every year because you just had to have some scrub Ohio State quarterback who racked up video game stats playing B1G opponents with an Olympic track team to throw to.
Not sure how Pace's final 1st rounder has any bearing on his terrible 6 years prior of drafting. You probably hated Vince Evans too.

@Montucky...shows you how bad Pace was at drafting to support how he was good at drafting

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

I don't want a monologue, i want data.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:

So explain years 2015-2020 !?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I cant believe we take the bait every single time even though we have common sense and results on our side.

A guy who was a big fan of Jonathan Bullard and Kindle Vildor is trolling us with "Pace is one of the best drafters in the league".
It's not Pace's fault he traded up for bad players.

what-wat.gif

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fields finished his rookie campaign with a 64.2 PFF grade that ranked 24th among qualifying quarterbacks and second among rookies. And over Fields' last five starts, his PFF grade spiked to 76.9, a top-10 mark among qualifiers.

The former Buckeye appeared more and more comfortable as the season went on, growing as a passer despite the lackluster situation around him. And through it all, he put his dynamic running ability on full display.

Fields also ranked near the top of the position in delivering big-time throws (i.e. PFF’s highest-graded passes) — a rare feat for a rookie.

He finished with a 6.1% big-time throw rate, tying for the second-highest in the NFL with Russell Wilson and Aaron Rodgers. Among rookie quarterbacks in the PFF era, it ranks seventh behind a list of quarterbacks that includes Wilson, Matt Ryan and Andrew Luck.

Out of last year’s rookie class, it was the highest by 1.7 percentage points. Fields finished with a deep passing grade that ranks top three among Bears quarterbacks in the PFF era and higher than any season of the Mitchell Trubisky era by nearly double-digit grading points.

While many quarterbacks offset those big throws with poor decisions, Fields didn't often put the ball in harm’s way through the air. When throwing the ball beyond the line of scrimmage, he produced a minimal 2.9% turnover-worthy play rate — the seventh-best in the NFL. Fields’ turnover-worthy play rate dropped to 1.1% when he was in rhythm, trailing only Kyler Murray for top mark in the NFL.

Please tell me more about how bad he is, how much he throws to the other team, and the other useless bullshit you're pulling out of your ass.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Fields finished his rookie campaign with a 64.2 PFF grade that ranked 24th among qualifying quarterbacks and second among rookies. And over Fields' last five starts, his PFF grade spiked to 76.9, a top-10 mark among qualifiers.

The former Buckeye appeared more and more comfortable as the season went on, growing as a passer despite the lackluster situation around him. And through it all, he put his dynamic running ability on full display.

Fields also ranked near the top of the position in delivering big-time throws (i.e. PFF’s highest-graded passes) — a rare feat for a rookie.

He finished with a 6.1% big-time throw rate, tying for the second-highest in the NFL with Russell Wilson and Aaron Rodgers. Among rookie quarterbacks in the PFF era, it ranks seventh behind a list of quarterbacks that includes Wilson, Matt Ryan and Andrew Luck.

Out of last year’s rookie class, it was the highest by 1.7 percentage points. Fields finished with a deep passing grade that ranks top three among Bears quarterbacks in the PFF era and higher than any season of the Mitchell Trubisky era by nearly double-digit grading points.

While many quarterbacks offset those big throws with poor decisions, Fields didn't often put the ball in harm’s way through the air. When throwing the ball beyond the line of scrimmage, he produced a minimal 2.9% turnover-worthy play rate — the seventh-best in the NFL. Fields’ turnover-worthy play rate dropped to 1.1% when he was in rhythm, trailing only Kyler Murray for top mark in the NFL.

Please tell me more about how bad he is, how much he throws to the other team, and the other useless bullshit you're pulling out of your ass.

Yikes! It's almost as if the data contradicts everything Monturkey has to say about Fields...

CC: @Anytime23

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
The odds of defense single handedly winning games on their own is slim. I can think of the AZ game where that would apply in anything close to being recent and I think that was before the rule changes.
Not losing games, yes. Giving the offense more chances to win, yes.

The problem is unless Poles is a late round god or Pace did good with his oline picks it probably won't matter how many chances the offense gets.
Do these picks win games? No, because we don't have an offense to win games with.
Offense can't stay on the field, defense gets worn out. Offense can't even keep up with low scoring games. We lose.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did Poles draft any impact offensive players? Doubtful. I think however the biggest impact will come from Luke Getsy. If he's even an average NFL OC the offense will improve in every meaningful category. I also don't think we will see any more of the epic secondary breakdowns that led to easy scores .

Will these changes lead to more wins? I kind of hate being pinned down this early but if I have to go on record this is still a sub .500 team.

Montucky

Liked Posts:

This all such cherry picked arbitrary nonsense. What the fuck is a turnover "worthy" play? What does being in rhythm even mean, exactly? "Big time" throws is the vaguest shit I've ever read. His dynamic running ability featured him falling down without being touched multiple times and fumbling at a crazy high rate.

Most of this really translate to "When Fields wasn't sucking he wasn't so bad" while glossing over the fact that he sucked like ninety percent of the time he was playing.