Can we hang up this dopey idea of tagging Mitch?

shoez90

Liked Posts:
No separation by the receivers. Its not as if Mitch was missing wide open guys. There wasn't much there. On top of that, Defense wasn't getting off the field and unable to produce good field position.

It wasn't a good game by Mitch, but he isn't an all star. He played well enough to put his team in a position to win. Playcalling and defense were more to blame.

Those talking about tagging Mitch though are joking or just following the media trying to sell a headline. Mitch is going to hit FA and very unlikely to get more than 10-12 mil a year.
sorry but false he doesn't put his team in a good position to win. He needs so much to go his way for a win its not sustainable as his record against decent + teams shows. I've watched him and others some will be ok some won't. He will be a chase Daniel level guy and get paid til he wants to leave NFL.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I still expect mitch to be back.

Not because he's good, but because we have no better option. Unless, like I mentioned earlier, the dolphins decide to move on from tua and draft wilson/fields and we can trade for him.
There will be better options than mitch available in FA.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Anyone who doesn't see the progression and are screaming about a single bad throw must really not understand the game of football.

Once we couldn't stop Rodgers, the game plan turned predictable like another poster mentioned. The Packers have a way of forcing an opposing offenses hand to have to out Rodgers, Rodgers. It doesn't work very often. Just look at what they did to Tannehill) last week: 11 of 24 for 121 yards 1TD and 2 INT. This was a guy who many have indicated would be the perfect qb in the bears offense and have even referred to as MT's "ceiling." He really played more like Kyle Orton in that game.

We're getting closer and closer to being competitive against Green Bay. This game was competitive most of the way and yes Mitch had a single bad throw (Rodgers probably should have also been picked a couple times and probably would have been if Roquan Smith didn't take an early exit). Rodgers did play near perfect football and we were down Jaylon Johnson and Roquan Smith and still managed to make this game competitive the majority of the way.

Save for the 1 pick, Mitch was efficient and is gaining confidence. His deep ball needs work but he wouldn't be the first quarterback in NFL history to struggle with the deep ball early in his career. This last month hasn't been a fluke and suddenly even the offensive line is playing acceptable football.

Why blow all of that up when they're trending in the right direction? Why create a need at QB when we have one that we already win with. Instead they should keep the core of guys they have; Mitch, A-Rob, Mooney, Montgomery, Cohen, etc. Build off of that and let the offense continue to ascend.

Couple that with what will almost certainly be an improved defense by Eddie Goldman clogging up the interior after a year of rest and perhaps now the flexibility to add yet another defensive play maker without the need for a QB and less of a need for offensive lineman. Maybe this will be the answer to the Bears beating the Packers with another blue chip player on the defense and an offense that's coming into its own.

They should absolutely give it another shot and anyone who doesn't see that is completely idiotic. If Foles was not pulled, this is easily a 10-6 team. Mitch responded to his benching by coming back with the first back to back to back to back 30 point games for the first time since 1965.

How long are you willing to wait until Mitch has a QB rating over 100 against a team with an above .500 record?

My over/under is 12 years for you.

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
I still expect mitch to be back.

Not because he's good, but because we have no better option. Unless, like I mentioned earlier, the dolphins decide to move on from tua and draft wilson/fields and we can trade for him.

To be fair, Tua has looked every bit like a Chicago Bears QB this season.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If your logic is about almost INT'S, Rodgers should have had 3 picks
Not just that. One of those was a 4th down throw so who cares? It only gets you better field position if intercepted. I was more disappointed he bothered and didn't just tuck it when the play was obviously not run like it was supposed to be.

That said, he also played worse than his 81 rating.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
Rodgers should have been picked off 3 times but almost-interceptions are only counted as stats for the Bears i.e. Cutler and Trubisky.

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
The guy really should have had 3 easy picks..... so the damage could have been must worse for Trubs.

The one time he stood in the pocket and tried to throw downfield he looked extremely awkward and lacked ZERO confidence on that throw --- and it was picked off.

How long till defenses take away the roll out, dink and dunk game of 5 yard throws at time? Plus it is boring as hell!

He is a gimmick quarterback. This city deserves a REAL quarterback who can make all the throws and stand in the pocket and CONSISTENTLY hit the deep ball the way that Rogers did to us yesterday. We have to draft someone like that this year.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Mitch has got to go. Rodgers is 21 - 5 in his career against the Bears. That's a .807 winning percentage. Can Mitch beat Rodgers and Green Bay? No. If you can't consistently beat the top team in your division then you're at best a wild card team playing on the road and that road leads to nowhere.

157 passer rating for Rodgers but you want to talk about how Mitch was the problem lol