Can we stop acting like Pagano is the major issue on defense?

msadows

Liked Posts:
Fangio disguised his D better.

That I won't disagree with.

Still doesn't change the fact that eddie jackson sucks and we have no nose tackle.

That quinn/Danny/Eddie contract is going to make us incapable of upgrading this defense next year. Such a fucking shame. Coulda had Markus Golden for chump change and he would put up the same numbers as Quinn.

msadows

Liked Posts:
He was 6th in pressures at Edge with 57. MsAddows is using dubious pressure numbers from PFR that are much lower than PFF numbers as well as inconsistent with other metrics and the reality if you watched the games.

I prefer to use quantitative analysis methods, not qualitative.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Still doesn't change the fact that eddie jackson sucks and we have no nose tackle.

That quinn/Danny/Eddie contract is going to make us incapable of upgrading this defense next year. Such a fucking shame. Coulda had Markus Golden for chump change and he would put up the same numbers as Quinn.

We will upgrade the D when we hire a new DC.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
He was 6th in pressures at Edge with 57. MsAddows is using dubious pressure numbers from PFR that are much lower than PFF numbers as well as inconsistent with other metrics and the reality if you watched the games.
Yeah 30 isn't realistic just simply from having watched. Whatd he have last year? Can I look that up or do you have to pay to see pressure stats?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

You are using words incorrectly. Anything that can be tracked by numbers is quantitative. So both PFR and PFF stats are quantitative as they track the information using numbers ie quantities.

Further qualitative would be information that is descriptive not numerical such as language. So a qualitative analysis would use words not numbers to convey data.

I believe what you are trying to say is you view PFF data as subjective.

English lesson over.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah 30 isn't realistic just simply from having watched. Whatd he have last year? Can I look that up or do you have to pay to see pressure stats?

It is pay but he had 70 last year and 73 in 2018. He had less pass rush snaps this year. If you adjusted for pass rush snaps in 2019 then it would be 61 pressures this year.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hicks isn't good at coverage. DT can't beat a 4.4 guy in a foot race. Neither can Quinn or Mack.

And you don't rush 3 against Aaron Rodgers unless it's a Hail Mary at the end of the game.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Just the fact he had a linebacker covering receivers out of a three man bunch is all you need to know. It was almost as bad as when Rivera thought it would be a good idea to put a street free agent on an island against Steve Smith at a critical point in the 2005-2006 playoff game.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Offensive coordinators around the nfl are on record saying how much they struggled against a Fangio defense. When asked the same thing about Chuck?

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
So when Trevethan is on Michael Thomas 1 on 1 its going to be his fault if he gets beat right? Not Chuck Paganos

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
Giving you a little rope is so fun. No arguments against your arguments are needed when you just continue to provide evidence of your ignorance every chance your fingers hit the pad.

The best part is I doubt you even understand how stupid this reply really is, except I see it's been explained to you now. Still doubt you get it.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:

NFL Offensive coordinators disagree

In a recent interview with ESPN’s John Keim, NFL coaches Kyle Shanahan, Sean McVay and Matt LaFleur were asked a variety of questions, including which coach’s defense is the toughest to read and attack.

All three coaches mentioned Broncos coach Vic Fangio, who was a defensive coordinator in the NFL for many years before being hired by Denver earlier this year. Shanahan gave arguably the best answer.

“[Fanigo] does so many things with his personnel groupings that he puts you in a bind with protections,” Shanahan said. “He ties a lot of stuff together. Playing against him, I feel he packages stuff very similar to how I would think. [Bill] Belichick is very similar. They do it in a different style. You know they don’t just run their defenses.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Question for those advocating for Jay Rodgers- If the defense is underperforming....and he’s on the staff with presumably some input on game plans...how confident are you that he could get the D back to form? I know he’s done well with the DL, but Pace, a former DLmen has done a great job consistently bringing in talented players there.

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
Question for those advocating for Jay Rodgers- If the defense is underperforming....and he’s on the staff with presumably some input on game plans...how confident are you that he could get the D back to form? I know he’s done well with the DL, but Pace, a former DLmen has done a great job consistently bringing in talented players there.
This is a fair question about Rodgers, he should have input into how his line is used in game plans, but it's ultimately Chuck who makes the calls, so not sure any of us know. And being a good position coach doesn't make you a good coordinator, but it can mean you earned you chance.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
To me the idea is that is you give Rodgers a shot to see what he's got if you keep Nagy, because Nagy is a lame duck and unlikely to attract a good DC knowing that he's gone without major improvement next year. So give Rodgers a shot and if the Bears fail you know what you've got with him. And if they succeed you've got a DC.

If Nagy is gone I think the next guy brings in someone, probably not Rodgers.