Can Will Anderson catch? Can Jalen Carter block?

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Unless Poles can come up with a legit supporting cast in free agency the Bears need to draft offense.

Anderson and Carter may become franchise players…. but Fields is one RIGHT FUCKING NOW.

That guy we’ve wanted for decades…. HE IS HERE.

Stop it with the “we need pass rush”.

Nothing matters until Fields gets a real supporting cast.

Fields if we take care of him is the foundation for the next 10 years.

That means rebuild the ENTIRE OLINE.

Draft a LEGIT #1 WR. (I mean Hurts got two of them but I’ll be OK with one for now)

Anderson and Carter don’t help Fields. If we spend another year or two doing this he will die. And we will be left with Derrick Rose level regret wondering what might have been.

So sign the best Oline in Free Agency. (Even if it means missing out on Payne)

Draft a #1 WR. (Even if it means losing out on Carter or Anderson)

Push the chips all in Poles. Protect the franchise.

I

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
You have to take the best talent with an early pick. These are franchise cornerstones and you need impact players at the most important positions, whether it be offense or defense.

There should be plenty of free agent money to spend to make things easier for Fields.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Unless Poles can come up with a legit supporting cast in free agency the Bears need to draft offense.

Anderson and Carter may become franchise players…. but Fields is one RIGHT FUCKING NOW.

Draft a LEGIT #1 WR. (I mean Hurts got two of them but I’ll be OK with one for now)

Anderson and Carter don’t help Fields. If we spend another year or two doing this he will die. And we will be left with Derrick Rose level regret wondering what might have been.

I
OLine, WR. These are two areas in which Fields would get more immediate help, in FA rather than the Draft. Rookies need to develop. But Dline? Easier for a rookie to step in, and make an impact right away.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
BPA or trade back.

Remember when Pace tried to reach to get his guy?

That's how you end up with Adam Shaheen.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You have to take the best talent with an early pick. These are franchise cornerstones and you need impact players at the most important positions, whether it be offense or defense.

There should be plenty of free agent money to spend to make things easier for Fields.

The franchise is Fields.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:

I
Can your mom blow my cock ?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We have young guys on O already. We we are missing is good veteran players which we should find in free agency.

You build a whole team not just one side of the ball. The Niners are on their 3rd string QB and winning because their D and run game makes it easy on the QB. Poles and Flus have already said that is what they believe in ie making it easier on the QB by playing great D and using the run game to take pressure off.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:

I
I agree with this logic in a trade back scenario.

In the perfect situation some team gives up their 1st and 2nd this year, and some number of firsts next year to move up and draft a QB. You could then use this years 1st on an LT or WR, and the 2nd round pick on a C / OG / WR.

However, if you stay there Carter could be well worth the pick. Right now this franchise has 1 player worth a damn and thats JF. Chances are low he turns into aaron donald, but having a second player of franchise status is critical if the bears want to win games. Most reports don't have any generational offensive talent coming out of this draft to the caliber that Carter could be.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
We have young guys on O already. We we are missing is good veteran players which we should find in free agency.

You build a whole team not just one side of the ball. The Niners are on their 3rd string QB and winning because their D and run game makes it easy on the QB. Poles and Flus have already said that is what they believe in ie making it easier on the QB by playing great D and using the run game to take pressure off.

Who?

The 9ers actually have talent on offense.

Figure Fields has maybe one or two more years left playing “hero ball” where he does everything before his body starts breaking down. Games like yesterday are not sustainable long term.

Let’s not ruin him.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:

They have the best coach in football. They have a world class OL, they have deebo samuel, they have aiyuk, they just brought in mccaffrey, they have Kittle .....

Who exactly are the bears good young talent on offense? Kmet, mooney and claypool (mid end talent at best imo), Tevin Jenkins who already has serious back concerns .... The OL depth is non existent and the starters are garbage. I like Herbert and montgomery but again they are middle of the road and not great at pass catching. Velus jones looks useless this year, maybe he can provide any semblance of value next year.

Other than Fields the bears have a bunch of long shot prospects and only a few good young prospects on offense. The defense has a few good prospects, but the DL youth has done absolutely nothing this year after flashing some in week 1.

This team is devoid of talent. Yes they need to bring in a few veterans, but on offense there ain't much to be excited about other than Fields.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
OLine, WR. These are two areas in which Fields would get more immediate help, in FA rather than the Draft. Rookies need to develop. But Dline? Easier for a rookie to step in, and make an impact right away.
This is a common thing people say and it's just not necessarily true. Rookies do need time to develop. But not all of them. Justin Herbert was good Day 1. Jamarr Chase, Jaylen Waddle, Tristan Wirfs, etc. There's rookies that step in and make an immediate impact at literally every position in the league. There's rookies that take time at every single position, DL included.

I lean toward agreeing with the OP. The Bears need elite talent in general, but I'd much prefer elite talent on the offensive side of the ball. The defense, although overall bad, there are potential studs on the roster and in free agency. Just adding a guy like Payne, gives you a stud at DT, Sanborn has played like a stud at LB, and then you have Johnson, Gordon, Brisker and Jackson in the DB room who were all top 50 talents (Jackson fell due to injury). The Bears only have 1 top 50 pick as of right now. And while I admit, you can't reach for offense at 2, getting a stud offensive player from a trade down AND potentially getting another 1 or 2 top 50 picks, I'd probably prefer over Anderson/Carter. And I love Anderson and Carter.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Best case scenario, Poles is able to rebuild the DL via FA which will give him options for the draft. Secure a haul in a trade down scenario and take best available OL/WR.

And worst case they stay put and get Carter/Anderson which isn’t a bad backup plan

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

I
What do you say when it is all on Fields to make up a 3 TD deficit and the opponents are blitzing him, even during timeouts, leaving him a bloody and broken mess?

The Bears need to address both offense and defense. It is going to be tough. Hopefully, offensive and defensive lines are addressed in free agency. WR has to be through the draft because there really isn't any good WRs available in free agency.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Which impact WRs will be available in free agency? This is a bad free agency year when you need a WR.

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm in the trade down camp lately. You can get a ransom at the 2-3 slot, slide a little and get some blue chip line talent on the Oline (Skronski if they think he can play right tackle) and draft a JSN from Ohio State.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Who?

The 9ers actually have talent on offense.

Figure Fields has maybe one or two more years left playing “hero ball” where he does everything before his body starts breaking down. Games like yesterday are not sustainable long term.

Let’s not ruin him.
Yes, but with a defense that allows the opponent to score near the end of every 4th qtr, he'll always be playing hero ball.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Best case scenario, Poles is able to rebuild the DL via FA which will give him options for the draft. Secure a haul in a trade down scenario and take best available OL/WR.

And worst case they stay put and get Carter/Anderson which isn’t a bad backup plan

I’d rather have two or three starting Oline in this case.

Jenkins is the only one who’s play I was 100% about and he was carted off yesterday.

I LOVE Braxton but I need a plan B in place as well in case he doesn’t take the next step.

Both lines are awful. Oline is just more important to me because we have JF1 back there.

Davide

Liked Posts:
I think the less talented position of the Bears is the front seven.
Linebackers is the new "runningbacks" - next guy in.
We have the worst sack rate in the NFL. We need to make pressure to the QB.
We need an healthy offensive line and i'm sure we can upgrade it with FA.
We can select a good WR in the second round.

Whitehair, Jenkins and B.Jones are good. We neeed a Center and a RT.