Can you fix Trubisky?

KennyH

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
One of the (many) things that I don't understand is why the Bears are making very limited efforts to fix Trubisky, and why in fact, they didn't put the pieces in place to give him a chance to succeed in the first place. They knew he had a (potentially) high upside but very limited experience. They made a massive investment in terms of draft capital. And they know that the QB position has been a graveyard for Chicago for years.

But they put him in an environment where the fan base wanted him to start immediately, by simply putting him behind Mike Glennon. Who we can all agree is not mentor material. He's then thrown into the deep end with Chase Daniel as his mentor - who was there more for Nagy than Trubisky, but who is also absolute dross. And then you have Tyler Bray, who for all we know is there because he has a sparkling personality and remembers everyones coffee order.

Now it may be a coincidence, but Rodgers sat behind Farve, Brady sat behind Drew Bledsoe, even Eli Manning had the advantage of an interim signing of Kurt Warner to learn from - Trubisky had goose neck and Daniel to learn from, a shit O line and some bang average targets. And the hopes and dreams of one of the largest fan bases in the US on his shoulders

The kid is 25, coming of limited experience but clearly with potential. Surely you go out and buy the best veteran QB to mentor him, provide a staged introduction to the team and try to build his confidence and skill levels at a pace which is realistic given the level of expectation. Even at this stage, there is nothing stopping the team bringing in a one year vet, and having Mitch sit and learn and take more limited game time next season.

He might be a bust, but if he is, it certainly isn't all of his own making. And I can't believe that the team isn't looking at more obvious avenues to try to turn the situation around.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Judging from all the ex Bear QB's who left the team and hooked up with another franchise to do nothing...nope. Mitch is toast.

policeman

Son of beech
Liked Posts:
The kid is 25, coming of limited experience but clearly with potential.

I don't see any potential. If this were his rookie year- this argument might hold. But he's started 35 games as a professional. He is what he is- a career backup. Time to move on.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Trubisky's biggest issues seem to be whats between his ears. You can fix mechanics, you cant fix stupid.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Looks like it already happened.
sands-castrator-emasculator-veterinary-instruments-T1WPKF.jpg

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He doesn't seem to be getting it he should know his playbook and how to read defenses by now in his third year in the NFL but most of all he doesn't look like he enjoys football.

Has anyone seen him go on a tangent about how much he loves football? Dude was a back up in college for a reason he is in the NFL for a paycheck not the love.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Trubisky's biggest issues seem to be whats between his ears. You can fix mechanics, you cant fix stupid.

I think it's a mixture of both but I doubt he really loves football.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Too much shit in his head. Fox and Loggains had it right.

More moving of the pocket, more reliance on the RB, more play-action, less shotgun and more Trubisky running.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Excuses excuses excuses.

add he didn’t have a good enough QB to sit behind to the list. Not even Cutler got these kind of excuses despite being 10 times the QB Mitch is and I fucking hated Cutler his last couple seasons.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
I think he’s done. Out of the NFL after next season.

pepethebear

Liked Posts:
The most frustrating thing about trubisky is hes played better than we've seen him play this season. Everyone expected progression. Now the opposite has occurred and no one knows wtf to make of it except to say everyone sucks.

And at the same time literally every other player on the offense is playing worse. It's as if a hire was made to ensure progression from a bunch of young players and this hire failed catastrophically at their job...

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
One of the (many) things that I don't understand is why the Bears are making very limited efforts to fix Trubisky, and why in fact, they didn't put the pieces in place to give him a chance to succeed in the first place. They knew he had a (potentially) high upside but very limited experience. They made a massive investment in terms of draft capital. And they know that the QB position has been a graveyard for Chicago for years.

But they put him in an environment where the fan base wanted him to start immediately, by simply putting him behind Mike Glennon. Who we can all agree is not mentor material. He's then thrown into the deep end with Chase Daniel as his mentor - who was there more for Nagy than Trubisky, but who is also absolute dross. And then you have Tyler Bray, who for all we know is there because he has a sparkling personality and remembers everyones coffee order.

Now it may be a coincidence, but Rodgers sat behind Farve, Brady sat behind Drew Bledsoe, even Eli Manning had the advantage of an interim signing of Kurt Warner to learn from - Trubisky had goose neck and Daniel to learn from, a shit O line and some bang average targets. And the hopes and dreams of one of the largest fan bases in the US on his shoulders

The kid is 25, coming of limited experience but clearly with potential. Surely you go out and buy the best veteran QB to mentor him, provide a staged introduction to the team and try to build his confidence and skill levels at a pace which is realistic given the level of expectation. Even at this stage, there is nothing stopping the team bringing in a one year vet, and having Mitch sit and learn and take more limited game time next season.

He might be a bust, but if he is, it certainly isn't all of his own making. And I can't believe that the team isn't looking at more obvious avenues to try to turn the situation around.

Why do you think their efforts have been limited?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

I think they determined that he just istn smart enough to fix. It's like having a new hire that interviewed great, showed all the talent and skills you look for, shows up to training and looked decent, gets to your office and you see immediately that he has severe ADHD and doesn't even know how to answer the phone properly.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Mitch only played 1 year of college ball. It was a huge risk at #2.

Gruden's scouting analysis on draft day described Mitch perfectly to this day. A long term project with bad accuracy. Those are bad traits to have at the NFL level, specially when you going #2.

reggie_love

Liked Posts:
I'm not sure what you are fixing...hes making a lot of the same mistakes he made in college

They saw some physical traits they thought were raw that they could develop. Turns out that's just who he is.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Mitch only played 1 year of college ball. It was a huge risk at #2.

Gruden's scouting analysis on draft day described Mitch perfectly to this day. A long term project with bad accuracy. Those are bad traits to have at the NFL level, specially when you going #2.

.....which is interesting, cuz a few of the pundits raved about Trubz' accuracy. While saying Watson was inaccurate