Can't imagine the Bears without Soldier Field.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
They should have done it right last time, retractable dome, 80,000 seats so the league would consider us a super bowl city. not much different than Wrigley who could have added the second deck in the bleachers and gotten a few thousand more seats sold per game instead of those eye sore video boards.

mbison

Liked Posts:
I hope they build a new larger stadium for my Bears. I still can’t believe how small soldier field is compared to other teams

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
They should have done it right last time, retractable dome, 80,000 seats so the league would consider us a super bowl city. not much different than Wrigley who could have added the second deck in the bleachers and gotten a few thousand more seats sold per game instead of those eye sore video boards.

They don't get considered for hosting a super bowl because of the Chicago weather at that time of year just like any northern city/state doesn't. I say this without looking it up but didn't they just let New York or someplace up north host a super bowl for the first time to try it out and hope the weather would be good enough that it wouldn't ruin the experience for the players and fans? I'm pretty sure they did and got lucky and had good weather. Or maybe it's teams without a dome that they don't consider for hosting a super bowl. Could you imagine Chicago having the super bowl in Soldier Field and we get a good ole Chicago snow storm on that day/night? It wouldn't work.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I get the nostalgia of the Soldier Field, but Bears are a Large Market team, that would likely be at the top of the list to host a Superbowl if they had a modern Stadium with a retractable roof.

The City, the Fans and the Franchise deserves a modern Stadium. It time to start acting like we belong in the NFL, and maybe Free Agents will be enticed to come here, and maybe it will help develop a winning attitude.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
You can build a stadium and honor soldiers at the same time.

If you build a stadium you just call it "New" Soldier Field. You build it like a museum to commemorate those that served as one the biggest memorials on American soil.

When games are not being played you can generate revenue with the museum atmosphere and artwork.

It would be costly but easily could pay itself off.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
They don't get considered for hosting a super bowl because of the Chicago weather at that time of year just like any northern city/state doesn't. I say this without looking it up but didn't they just let New York or someplace up north host a super bowl for the first time to try it out and hope the weather would be good enough that it wouldn't ruin the experience for the players and fans? I'm pretty sure they did and got lucky and had good weather. Or maybe it's teams without a dome that they don't consider for hosting a super bowl. Could you imagine Chicago having the super bowl in Soldier Field and we get a good ole Chicago snow storm on that day/night? It wouldn't work.
Seriously? Minnesota in 2018, Indy had it in 2012, Detroit 2006, New York got one in 2016. My comment was to have a retractable dome, they did not seem to mind the weather possibilities, the NFL is getting paid for asses in seats. That was the second problem, only having 60,000 capacity at soldiers field. That. The Minnesota stadium can squeeze 73000 seats for the super bowl. I do not think they will consider anyplace that cant hold 70K

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I'm for a new stadium with a higher seating capacity. I just think they should keep the old columns and move them to the exterior of the hypothetical new stadium.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its time to move on into the future...the Bears will be a much more valuable franchise...

Give the current PSL people a discount; the Bears will have more seats to fill.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

twtw

Liked Posts:
I’m all for the Bears moving away from Soldier Field because 1) it’s a shitty, small stadium 2) to maximize team value 3) to help bring a Super Bowl or final four to Chicagoland.

That said, a stadium in Arlington Heights would be a big “fuck you” to southside fans/season ticket holders. I’d prefer a location downtown, in dupage county, or in the near west suburbs so that it’s centrally located within the region.

Darnell Mooney

The Member
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
When I look at what the Bears should do i think of what Notre Dame did. They kept the old look to the stadium but added a lot of seats. The bears did the opposite in 2003.

Before
jGDaFzgxMdPh-b6E0b19WFfnlN9qBNSuiPFMmFWE7ngB13344ipAkOFoQpOcngn0uGNakpCMFLHObIUYrFcrWQXi5jKg_gDQKFXs30UAFI4EyY88TkSq9UIrn4AfVouV0hd1

After
unnamed-3.jpg

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Devil's advocate: Meh, television contracts is where the money is at. The Bears are near the salary cap every year anyway. New stadium will not make the team a super bowl contender.

"We cannot compete until we have a new stadium." A lot of MLB teams ruined that argument in the 90's, right? (I know they don't have a hard cap, just a luxury tax.)

I haven't watched baseball in awhile.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
When I look at what the Bears should do i think of what Notre Dame did. They kept the old look to the stadium but added a lot of seats. The bears did the opposite in 2003.

Before
jGDaFzgxMdPh-b6E0b19WFfnlN9qBNSuiPFMmFWE7ngB13344ipAkOFoQpOcngn0uGNakpCMFLHObIUYrFcrWQXi5jKg_gDQKFXs30UAFI4EyY88TkSq9UIrn4AfVouV0hd1

After
unnamed-3.jpg

Notre Dame owns:
1. The team.
2. The land.
3. The stadium.

The Bears own:
1. The team.

Other than that slight difference, exactly the same thing. Great point.

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Man, have you seen Alegiant Stadium? That is a thing of beauty. The Raiders are going to make losing beautiful in that place...

I'm about done with the 'nostalgia' of SF. Time to upgrade from Soldier Field 95' to Soldier Field 10....

BEARS

Last edited:

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
So they force the taxpayers to pay for this piece of crap and now they want a new stadium. Are taxpayers on the hook for that one as well? Fuck them.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:

Anywhere with a dome gets to do the super bowl, Minnesota for instance.

but yes, they did the one in the open air New Jersey stadium and it was like 50 degrees out or something. The weather gods smiled on them that one time.

Personally I would be happy if they just put in field turf. I mean really Chicago Parks and Rec.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Man, have you seen Alegiant Stadium? That is a thing of beauty. The Raiders are going making losing beautiful in that place...

I'm about done with the 'nostalgia' of SF. Time to upgrade from Soldier Field 95' to Soldier Field 10....

BEARS

Yep, it's awesome. I got to tour a bit of it a while back. Freaking amazing!

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Best thing that could happen to the bears is the McCaskeys ending their reign of nepotism and selling the team. Then getting out of that mistake by the lake and move into the 21st century with a state of the art stadium Bears fans deserve.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I would not want a dome for the games, I get it for concerts and such but I like football outside in the elements