Can't imagine the Bears without Soldier Field.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Best thing that could happen to the bears is the McCaskeys ending their reign of nepotism and selling the team. Then getting out of that mistake by the lake and move into the 21st century with a state of the art stadium Bears fans deserve.
Yeah, they don’t ever spend money amirite?

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Devil's advocate: Meh, television contracts is where the money is at. The Bears are near the salary cap every year anyway. New stadium will not make the team a super bowl contender.

"We cannot compete until we have a new stadium." A lot of MLB teams ruined that argument in the 90's, right? (I know they don't have a hard cap, just a luxury tax.)

I haven't watched baseball in awhile.
I stopped watching baseball after 1994.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Seriously? Minnesota in 2018, Indy had it in 2012, Detroit 2006, New York got one in 2016. My comment was to have a retractable dome, they did not seem to mind the weather possibilities, the NFL is getting paid for asses in seats. That was the second problem, only having 60,000 capacity at soldiers field. That. The Minnesota stadium can squeeze 73000 seats for the super bowl. I do not think they will consider anyplace that cant hold 70K
Also when your team is in the super bowl you don’t really have a great chance at tickets even though you are a STH.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
No one is discussing a new stadium. The entire article is a fluff piece, the writer is a PSL and season ticket holder and would be pissed if they built a new stadium. The Bears are not considering a new stadium. It's obvious who didn't read the article. lol

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
In all the wrong ways. For the amount of money they’ve spent in recent years we have nothing to show for. Hell you could even go back decades.
Ok. Been a Bears fan for a long time aye?

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
If they get a chance to get out...do it!!! Build a 85k seater with a retractable roof! This franchise needs a complete overhaul!

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
I would not want a dome for the games, I get it for concerts and such but I like football outside in the elements

Have you ever been to a home game in December?? It’s stupid cold and usually the Bears are playing for draft position. Damn season tickets!!!!!!!!

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Best thing that could happen to the bears is the McCaskeys ending their reign of nepotism and selling the team. Then getting out of that mistake by the lake and move into the 21st century with a state of the art stadium Bears fans deserve.

I or many others cant really argue with this statement.

Last edited:

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
NFL teams earn about 7m per game from ticket sales and about 15m TV per game.

Ticket sales is not a small amount.

The McCaskeys could make a lot more by owning the stadium, but I don’t think they have the resources to know how to manage it.

I think things will change when Virginia passes. Til then the Bears will basically be a budget ownership in a big market.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Man, have you seen Alegiant Stadium? That is a thing of beauty. The Raiders are going making losing beautiful in that place...

I'm about done with the 'nostalgia' of SF. Time to upgrade from Soldier Field 95' to Soldier Field 10....

BEARS
the damn thing is amazing..i took these in february.
BXRNyRn.jpg

oiPUg2g.jpg

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Have you ever been to a home game in December?? It’s stupid cold and usually the Bears are playing for draft position. Damn season tickets!!!!!!!!
I go to every game I can. STH since 1999. I also work outside, the weather doesn't bother me

Last edited:

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Not having a retractable roof has cost the city hundreds of millions by not being able to host various events like a Super Bowl, Big Ten Football championship, Bowl games, NCAA final 4 games, etc. probably some major soccer events too.
I guarantee the city is aware of this and the huge mistake it made by going cheap on the last renovation. They won’t make that mistake again when the time comes.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I get the nostalgia of the Soldier Field, but Bears are a Large Market team, that would likely be at the top of the list to host a Superbowl if they had a modern Stadium with a retractable roof.

The City, the Fans and the Franchise deserves a modern Stadium. It time to start acting like we belong in the NFL, and maybe Free Agents will be enticed to come here, and maybe it will help develop a winning attitude.

a modern Stadium.....won't do it

winning attitude......starts from within and at the top. Bear ownership philosophy is "just be competitive"

You wanna see an example of winning attitude see N. E.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

this >>>>"Best thing that could happen to the bears is the McCaskeys ending their reign of nepotism and selling the team"

sell it to someone who already has established a successful business outside of football and don't need football to survive

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
a modern Stadium.....won't do it

winning attitude......starts from within and at the top. Bear ownership philosophy is "just be competitive"

You wanna see an example of winning attitude see N. E.
I like your opinion, and NE is a prime example of how to win.

Just to be clear, I don't think that a new stadium all on it's own would lead to a winning attitude, but it sure as hell can't hurt.

I have experienced this personally. I went from working in a plywood office in the middle of a motor pool, to working in a beautiful building in DC. My internal work ethic never changed but being in that building gave me a feeling that those responsible for placing me there appreciated my effort, knowledge and potential.

Don't discount the Human psyche....