Carolina Panthers 2024 Tracking Thread

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Reich is a glorified Matt Nagy and they're literally using the same blueprint with Andy Dalton as the placeholder. Not sure if y'all missed the 2021 Bears but that shit didn't work and their WR +TE core is much weaker than what we had that year too. Straight trash next year.

Also - this dude is going to break.
That D is really good though and their division is super weak. Also they aren't losing much really, letting JOURNEYMAN wr DJ Moore go (Poles' 3rd rated player on their roster after they said they wouldn't give up any more 1sts, just a player)

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Young looks so tiny in that picture.

I really hope the Bears do get a Fields/Young game, as I'd think Dalton will have warn out his welcome by then and gotta hope Fields is still rolling along. Could be a sneaky fun game for us fans anyways.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

I really hope the Bears do get a Fields/Young game, as I'd think Dalton will have warn out his welcome by then and gotta hope Fields is still rolling along. Could be a sneaky fun game for us fans anyways.
Its week 10. Only thing keeping either from playing by then is injury.

Username

Liked Posts:

Yeah the twitter responses to that picture have been the funniest thing in the NFL so far!

Moses Moreno

Liked Posts:
This is an amazingly dumb statement.

Frank Reich is twice the coach that Matt Nagy was/is.

Offensive DVOA by year:
2022 --31.7% 32nd
2021 - 4.4% 13th
2020 - 2.7% 12th
2019 -3.4% 19th
2018 - 7.9% 10th (Luck's last year)

He had nothing to do with the defense just like Nagy did here, their offense wasn't as bad as ours was with Nagy and he leaned on his running game more than Nagy did but he failed miserably at developing any sort of passing attack in his 5 years there just like our bald buddy.

Miles Sanders is not a workhorse RB by any stretch, Chark/Thielen are the great oft injured/OLD combo, Andy Dalton is absolute trash and Bryce Young is too freaking small - that team is going to fucking suck.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
In Bears fan world where rosterable wide receivers are rarer than Northern White Rhino's everything revolves around the receivers. Never mind that Carolina has one of the ten best defenses in the NFL and an offensive line with the potential to be the league's best, its all for naught because they are mediocre/average at this non-premium position that grows on trees (everywhere but Chicago).

Thedude

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They have a very good defensive roster and I doubt they will all forget how to play football going to a 3-4. The problem with the Bears when they made the switch was that they had total garbage defensively.
Truth

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Offensive DVOA by year:
2022 --31.7% 32nd
2021 - 4.4% 13th
2020 - 2.7% 12th
2019 -3.4% 19th
2018 - 7.9% 10th (Luck's last year)

He had nothing to do with the defense just like Nagy did here, their offense wasn't as bad as ours was with Nagy and he leaned on his running game more than Nagy did but he failed miserably at developing any sort of passing attack in his 5 years there just like our bald buddy.

Miles Sanders is not a workhorse RB by any stretch, Chark/Thielen are the great oft injured/OLD combo, Andy Dalton is absolute trash and Bryce Young is too freaking small - that team is going to fucking suck.
We'll see how he develops Young, but I'm guessing that Justin would be much further along than he is with Reich than he ever was with Nagy. In fact, I'm guessing he might have put the Bears in the position that Trubisky would still be the starting QB.

PrimeTime

Knowledge Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
In Bears fan world where rosterable wide receivers are rarer than Northern White Rhino's everything revolves around the receivers. Never mind that Carolina has one of the ten best defenses in the NFL and an offensive line with the potential to be the league's best, its all for naught because they are mediocre/average at this non-premium position that grows on trees (everywhere but Chicago).
Everyone keeps talking about how the Panthers had a top 10 defense last year but I can't find any stats to back that up. In every major defensive team stat from points given up, yards given up, time of possession they are at or below the league average. If you're into DVOA rankings, the Panthers defense finished 25th. I'm not saying they have a bad defense but I don't see anything to back up the claim they were a top 10 defense. Throw in the fact their 6 division games were against below average offenses.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Everyone keeps talking about how the Panthers had a top 10 defense last year but I can't find any stats to back that up. In every major defensive team stat from points given up, yards given up, time of possession they are at or below the league average. If you're into DVOA rankings, the Panthers defense finished 25th. I'm not saying they have a bad defense but I don't see anything to back up the claim they were a top 10 defense. Throw in the fact their 6 division games were against below average offenses.

Well you replied to one of CCS top 10 idiots so….

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

They do?

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol.. I aint complainin. Just sayin seems like Carolina gonna land on their feet ok. Might not suck

"Scott Fitterer this offseason: - traded up for the No. 1 overall pick (gave up DJ Moore in the process, though) - signed DT Shy Tuttle - signed S Vonn Bell - re-signed C Bradley Bozeman - signed QB Andy Dalton - signed TE Hayden Hurst - signed RB Miles Sanders"
stopped right there

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I find it absolutely hilarious that we already have a 2024 Carolina Panther tracker thread up and running. Thank you Moses for thinking of this. Hoping that this thread gets stickied as an easy resource to stay up to date on the Panthers current events.

The Panthers have limited resources and are switching from a 4-3 to a 3-4. I remember how hard it was for our Bears to do that. We had a massive turnover and took us a few years to get the pieces in place. Could we legitimately be looking at a really good 1st round pick from Carolina in 2024? I tend to think so. LFG!!
We will, they will bomb big time, handful of wins at best.