Carolina Panthers 2024 Tracking Thread

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
In Bears fan world where rosterable wide receivers are rarer than Northern White Rhino's everything revolves around the receivers. Never mind that Carolina has one of the ten best defenses in the NFL and an offensive line with the potential to be the league's best, its all for naught because they are mediocre/average at this non-premium position that grows on trees (everywhere but Chicago).
Can you please back up anything you said in this post

Moses Moreno

Liked Posts:
We'll see how he develops Young, but I'm guessing that Justin would be much further along than he is with Reich than he ever was with Nagy. In fact, I'm guessing he might have put the Bears in the position that Trubisky would still be the starting QB.

I mean, maybe - I dunno about him longterm but here's what I'm fully confident on - that offense is not going to be good next year and that's all I really care about. Reich isn't enough to overcome the dogshit playmakers that they have at WR/TE/RB and trotting Andy Dalton's old ass out there with those scrubs is a surefire way to start the season slowly and Bryce ain't enough to overcome those dudes either.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I just wonder how good Miles Sanders really is. Dude had it all going for him in Philly and will downgrade big time in supporting cast. Not that Chuba Hubbard or D'onta Foreman are better, I just don't think Sanders is someone you're overly worried about as a defense, especially with Dalton at QB.

Then you've got an over the hill Theilen, oft-injured Chark, rookie in Mingo and journeyman Hurst at TE. Other than their Oline there's nothing scary here for defenses to account for.

Marley's Liberality

Liked Posts:
I will be putting the hex on them around training camp so that the entire team is injured and those that remain play terribly

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I just wonder how good Miles Sanders really is. Dude had it all going for him in Philly and will downgrade big time in supporting cast. Not that Chuba Hubbard or D'onta Foreman are better, I just don't think Sanders is someone you're overly worried about as a defense, especially with Dalton at QB.

Then you've got an over the hill Theilen, oft-injured Chark, rookie in Mingo and journeyman Hurst at TE. Other than their Oline there's nothing scary here for defenses to account for.
Except that we've seen time and time and time and time and time and time and time again great offensive lines making mediocre players look like good if not great players. Do Bears fans quite understand how ludicrous it appears when they try and justify their prediction that the Panthers will be among the NFL's ten worst teams because of their runningbacks? Might as well say they aren't good enough at long snapper.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Except that we've seen time and time and time and time and time and time and time again great offensive lines making mediocre players look like good if not great players. Do Bears fans quite understand how ludicrous it appears when they try and justify their prediction that the Panthers will be among the NFL's ten worst teams because of their runningbacks? Might as well say they aren't good enough at long snapper.
I never said they'd be among the worst. You're the one saying they're a 10 win team with Adam Theilen as their #1 WR dude. I've said that they could be around a .500 team but probably no better than 8-9. Tampa won the division last year at 8-9 and the only team in that division that got appreciably better was the Saints. The Panthers arguably went backwards unless Young can hit the ground running.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I never said they'd be among the worst. You're the one saying they're a 10 win team with Adam Theilen as their #1 WR dude. I've said that they could be around a .500 team but probably no better than 8-9. Tampa won the division last year at 8-9 and the only team in that division that got appreciably better was the Saints. The Panthers arguably went backwards unless Young can hit the ground running.
I'd say falcons got better, but I still think they are mediocre. Panthers progression completely depends on Youngs performance as a rookie.

Moses Moreno

Liked Posts:
I'd say falcons got better, but I still think they are mediocre. Panthers progression completely depends on Youngs performance as a rookie.

Falcons are gunna run the shit out of the ball. Bijan + that scheme is going to be something to behold and they're super deep. I don't think they've got a crazy high ceiling because who the hell knows about Ridder but as a team but their floor IMO is much higher than Carolina's.

The last rookie QB to hit the ground running was Herbert and he had elite weapons - everything we know about that position is this - they need time and weapons and Young's weapons are absolute ass. If Trevor Lawrence could go 3-14 as a rookie and Joe Burrow could go 2-7-1, how the hell could anybody have a reasonable expectation that little ass Bryce Young is going to win games in this league?

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Teams have accomplished a lot more with a lot worse at wide receiver. Its not that important of a position, plenty of teams do very well in the leauge treating it like an afterthought.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
"Appreciably" better. The Saints got a competent QB after not really having one. That's a big upgrade. The falcons are going to be relying on Demond Ridder, so there's some potential there I guess.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
@Montucky will you answer any of the questions we’ve asked you?

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
"Appreciably" better. The Saints got a competent QB after not really having one. That's a big upgrade. The falcons are going to be relying on Demond Ridder, so there's some potential there I guess.
I think people are mistaken in thinking Derek Carr is a good qb

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Your defending Super Bowl champions had Marquez Valdez-Scantling and JuJu Smith-Schuster as their one and two wide receivers.
Also with an already HOF QB throwing to them, and they also have the very best tight end in the league as another pass catcher. Do you care to compare Bryce Young to Patrick Mahomes? Or Hayden Hurst to Travis Kelce?

Your only other shot is Baltimore, who also has one of the very best tight ends in the league and a former MVP at QB. Otherwise all the best teams in the NFL have at least one upper echelon receiver on their team.

You also look at QBs who took that next step to take their team into conference contention. Josh Allen with Stefon Diggs, Joe Burrow with Jamarr Chase, Jalen Hurts with AJ Brown. Even Tagovailoa with Tyreek Hill. Fields is next with DJ Moore.

As said, I could see the Panthers winning maybe 8 games cause their division is bad but they're not a good team. I think their floor is decently high, so we'd be lucky if they go 4-13. I'm expecting 6-7 wins from them.

Last edited:

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
Teams have accomplished a lot more with a lot worse at wide receiver. Its not that important of a position, plenty of teams do very well in the leauge treating it like an afterthought.
so you think carolina will be good because the chiefs had a mediocre WR core? thats your sad excuse of an argument?
as others have posted kelce is without a doubt the best TE in the NFL, him and juju with a pass catching mckinnon and sprinkle in toney, mvs and moore was enough, the only reason why they didnt invest more in WR is because of how money is allocated.

superbowl loser - eagles, smith, brown, goedert
superbowl loser - bengals - chase, higgins, boyd,
AFCCG loser - bills - diggs, davis, knox
sb winner - bucs - evans, godwin, gronk,
sb winner - rams - kupp, obj, jefferson, higbee
sb loser - 49ers - sanders, samuel, kittle
sb winner - chiefs - hill, kelce, watkins

panthers - thielen, chark, marshall, hurst
not one guy on the panthers presents a matchup problem whereas in the list above, each team has at least one guy that is a nightmare matchup