Carolina Panthers 2024 Tracking Thread

Nelly

Liked Posts:
The thing here is that I acknowledge I might be wrong about Justin Fields, but man you have zero doubt? The guy has been utter trash for two seasons now, you can still overall be a believer that's fine who knows it might even be right, but to be absolutely certain? Especially as a Bears fan?

Hard to take this very seriously when you can't even acknowledge that there is a shred of possibility that you're wrong. Especially when overall taking into account the realities around the overall success rate of quarterback prospects, particularly Chicago's quarterback prospects, you probably are wrong.
I have zero doubt he'll get better. How much so? That remains to be seen. If your qualification here seems to be "Drew Brees/Tom Brady" level then yea, of course you'll be right. Fields will never be that guy, which is what i acknowledged above. He'll definitely get better though.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I have zero doubt he'll get better. How much so? That remains to be seen. If your qualification here seems to be "Drew Brees/Tom Brady" level then yea, of course you'll be right. Fields will never be that guy, which is what i acknowledged above. He'll definitely get better though.
I think with enough attempts it is possible his turnover situations spirals out of control. He's been the worst quarterback in the league for two years at limiting turnovers on a per attempt basis, but stays off the overall leaderboard because the Bears haven't really trusted him to throw much.

But even then if he's not going to become that kind of elite quarterback then there's really no point in building around him. The Bears would be better off putting together and all-world defense for a year or two and trying to win with that. Trying to ride quarterbacks not named Tom Brady or Pat Mahomes to Super Bowls wins has a pretty abysmal success rate.

• Haha
Reactions: Myk

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have zero doubt he'll get better.
Heard a lot of people say the same about Miller, Grossman, Orton, Cutler, Trubisky...............These people with zero doubt must not have the ability to doubt.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
What is far, far, far, far more likely to happen is Justin Fields continues to be the worst passer in the NFL (or very nearly) and people blame DJ Moore for it.
Whatever you say sunshine.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Hes really not worth discussing fields with. He says things solely for shock factor and to get under people's skin

Nelly

Liked Posts:
But even then if he's not going to become that kind of elite quarterback then there's really no point in building around him. The Bears would be better off putting together and all-world defense for a year or two and trying to win with that. Trying to ride quarterbacks not named Tom Brady or Pat Mahomes to Super Bowls wins has a pretty abysmal success rate.
That's a pretty ridiculous statement. So you wouldn't try to build a team around Joe Burrow? Jalen Hurts? Josh Allen? Justin Herbert? Even Trevor Lawrence?

Reactions: Myk

Montucky

Liked Posts:
That's a pretty ridiculous statement. So you wouldn't try to build a team around Joe Burrow? Jalen Hurts? Josh Allen? Justin Herbert? Even Trevor Lawrence?
Well OK what exactly do you mean by "build a team around"? Because what I have been trying to say this entire thread that if you want to build a successful team you don't do it by acquiring wide receivers or designing rosters to be good at passing the ball exclusively.

I wouldn't build a team like that around any of these guys except maybe Joe Burrow, and even then I wouldn't be sure that would ever work out.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Well OK what exactly do you mean by "build a team around"? Because what I have been trying to say this entire thread that if you want to build a successful team you don't do it by acquiring wide receivers or designing rosters to be good at passing the ball exclusively.

I wouldn't build a team like that around any of these guys except maybe Joe Burrow, and even then I wouldn't be sure that would ever work out.
Any QB needs weapons. Jalen Hurts was a massive question mark last year but the Eagles showed some faith in him, went and got AJ Brown alongside a high draft pick in Devonta Smith and he took off. That's what's going on right with Fields.

So really, you just think Fields is a trash QB and there's no hope for him huh?

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Any QB needs weapons. Jalen Hurts was a massive question mark last year but the Eagles showed some faith in him, went and got AJ Brown alongside a high draft pick in Devonta Smith and he took off. That's what's going on right with Fields.

Yeah the Eagles also have multiple Hall of Fame offensive linemen and one of the five best defenses in the NFL. That might have had something to do with their success, just a thought.

I don't have a lot of faith in Justin Fields but there is obviously hope for him. He has tons of athletic talent and throwing skill, even relative to his NFL quarterback peers. I'm fine giving him this year to go for it, I've said that many times. The alternatives were not very enthusing and it was unrealistic to expect the Bears to both trade Justin Fields and trade out of first overall, which I think was the best course.

But lets be real here: nobody has passed the ball as poorly these last two years as Justin Fields and is still a presumptive starter for next season.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
But lets be real here: nobody has passed the ball as poorly these last two years as Justin Fields and is still a presumptive starter for next season.
Nobody ran the ball better from the position either and used that ability plus his ability to throw deep to carry a bottom-5 offense to a month of top offensive performance in the league either.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

Yeah the Eagles also have multiple Hall of Fame offensive linemen and one of the five best defenses in the NFL. That might have had something to do with their success, just a thought.

I don't have a lot of faith in Justin Fields but there is obviously hope for him. He has tons of athletic talent and throwing skill, even relative to his NFL quarterback peers. I'm fine giving him this year to go for it, I've said that many times. The alternatives were not very enthusing and it was unrealistic to expect the Bears to both trade Justin Fields and trade out of first overall, which I think was the best course.

Do realize JF kept us in 7 games where the score was a Td or less? However D gave up points.
LOL there's the nullifying "but" conjunction.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Do realize JF kept us in 7 games where the score was a Td or less? However D gave up points.
LOL there's the nullifying "but" conjunction.
Not for nothing, but did you delete a post? I had a notification that you replied to one of my posts and it is no longer there.

Moses Moreno

Liked Posts:
How the fuck did this thread get derailed into talking about Justin?

If you swapped out the Panthers weapons group with the Bears weapons group, I'd be much more confident in Bryce Young's development and while hopeful that he'd be able to overcome it, down on Fields development because those dudes are trash and every single young QB who's taken steps forward in the past 5 years has had it happen while having elite weapons. The ONLY one who has bucked that trend is Lamar Jackson who happens to be an absolute freak and truthfully the only dude at the QB position who can hold a candle to Justin athletically.

Bryce is not that type of athlete by any means and if I'm being honest, he's probably in the bottom half of the NFL starting QBs in terms of size, speed, arm strength and just overall strength.

They're gonna suck, it's just how it is. Rookie QBs with bad weapons lose a fucking ton of games. Better prospects than little ass Bryce have struggled mightily to win games as a rookie. Saying they're gonna win ten games is so damn stupid it's an obvious troll job.

msadows

Liked Posts:

If you swapped out the Panthers weapons group with the Bears weapons group, I'd be much more confident in Bryce Young's development and while hopeful that he'd be able to overcome it, down on Fields development because those dudes are trash and every single young QB who's taken steps forward in the past 5 years has had it happen while having elite weapons. The ONLY one who has bucked that trend is Lamar Jackson who happens to be an absolute freak and truthfully the only dude at the QB position who can hold a candle to Justin athletically.

Bryce is not that type of athlete by any means and if I'm being honest, he's probably in the bottom half of the NFL starting QBs in terms of size, speed, arm strength and just overall strength.

They're gonna suck, it's just how it is. Rookie QBs with bad weapons lose a fucking ton of games. Better prospects than little ass Bryce have struggled mightily to win games as a rookie. Saying they're gonna win ten games is so damn stupid it's an obvious troll job.
Because montucky hates Justin due to his complexion

Montucky

Liked Posts:

Yeah like how Mac Jones, who probably sucks, as a rookie won ten games with absolute butt at wide receiver and tight end. The Niners put Mr. Irrelevant behind center with Brandon Aiyuk as his number one wide receiver and went to the NFC Championship Game.

!!!Drew Lock!!! went had four wins against one loss as a rookie and all he really had was Noah Fant and Courtland Sutton.

So you're just like entirely fucking wrong, which is par for the Bears fan course tbh. Have at it.

The absolute floor here is Kyler Murray, who isn't very good, who took an absolutely horrible Arizona Cardinals team with a shit coach and shit roster that is worse than the Panthers at nearly every single position (all due respect to one of the best ever Larry Fitzgerald but at this stage in his career he was kind of cooked) to five wins. Considering how much better Carolina is overall I would say them winning only five games is extremely unlikely. Could happen, but big time doubt.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
What is far, far, far, far more likely to happen is Justin Fields continues to be the worst passer in the NFL (or very nearly) and people blame DJ Moore for it.

If that did happen absolutely no one would blame DJ Moore because DJ Moore has proven without a doubt he’s a good WR in this league already. This was a terrible take even for you.

Thedude

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They went 4-2 last year in the division, but that division isn’t that great, which is my biggest concern. I do think either qb struggle with thier offensive weapons. I think it’s top 10 pick just don’t know if it will be top 3. They could still a couple wins in that division

alswank87

Liked Posts:
I think Carolina has a chance to win the division this year. I think Bryce Young is going to surprise people this year. Alabama QBs have been very good in the NFL recently, and I think Young is the best passer of the bunch.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I think with enough attempts it is possible his turnover situations spirals out of control. He's been the worst quarterback in the league for two years at limiting turnovers on a per attempt basis, but stays off the overall leaderboard because the Bears haven't really trusted him to throw much.

What you're really mad about is the Bears put a little focus on offense for once. Even though that's been a comparatively small amount of their focus.

We've tried your way a long time. It won't matter if you have Brady or Mahomes. If you don't protect the QB and give them weapons they aren't going to be Brady or Mahomes. They won't even be Denver Cutler. They will be Chicago Cutler.
No team with who you think of as having a great QB has ever ignored the offense like you think a great QB allows you to do. That just doesn't happen.

Your dream of what the Bears should be never existed. Champion Papa Bear didn't ignore offense. '86 didn't ignore offense. What you desire is the loser Bears who's only competition is the Browns to see who is the worst team in the NFL and we've been winning that lately.

I don't know if Fields will be great but I do know if you aren't willing to have an offense don't bother trying to have a QB. A bad QB will do a lot better with good protection and good targets than a great QB will do with no protection or targets.