Carson Wentz out Indefinitely

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
What the hell is going on in Indy...........just saw a report that Quenton Nelson is having the same operation, and he will be out 5 to 12 weeks.

kg1187

Liked Posts:
Colts should trade for Foles regardless of Wentz's timeline for return.

Wentz has a long injury history dating back to high school and already has one major injury one week into training camp. He can't be trusted to stay healthy and Foles is the perfect fit with Reich being the coach.

Wentz may not like it but he really shouldn't be getting the franchise QB treatment anymore.

He's an injury prone Alex Smith at this point.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Old GM of the year Chris Ballard has to be feeling a little uncomfortable right now.

He gave up draft capital for an injury prone 27 million dollar a year QB that may not even play much this season and he is stuck with him for at least another year.

There is no other answer at QB this season for the Colts who were lucky enough to land Rivers last season.

Their defense is legit but tough times could be ahead for Indy. Trading for Wentz was a gamble that went wrong.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Quentin Nelson also needs surgery. Apparently he was wearing a boot today at practice.

@Omeletpants weeps

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
After Wed practice Frank Reich far from shot down the idea of Foles joining the Colts.

“This is Carson’s team, first of all,” Reich said, via Stephen Holder of TheAthletic.com. “He’s our quarterback. We’re excited about having him. He knows that and this team knows that. When we brought him here, we brought him here for one reason. And it wasn’t to compete. It was, he’s going to come in here and lead this football team.

“I don’t mind talking about Nick Foles. I love Nick Foles. He plays for the Chicago Bears and I haven’t talked to him. But I think he’s a great player. I think he’s proven that. I think he’s a great teammate. There’s nothing about Nick Foles I don’t like. I think he’s a winner. He’s certainly a guy who fits our kind of culture, but he plays for the Chicago Bears.”

As Holder points out, Reich calling Foles a player who fits the Colts’ kind of culture is significantly different than him saying he’s happy with the QBs on Indianapolis’ roster.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
After Wed practice Frank Reich far from shot down the idea of Foles joining the Colts.

“This is Carson’s team, first of all,” Reich said, via Stephen Holder of TheAthletic.com. “He’s our quarterback. We’re excited about having him. He knows that and this team knows that. When we brought him here, we brought him here for one reason. And it wasn’t to compete. It was, he’s going to come in here and lead this football team.

“I don’t mind talking about Nick Foles. I love Nick Foles. He plays for the Chicago Bears and I haven’t talked to him. But I think he’s a great player. I think he’s proven that. I think he’s a great teammate. There’s nothing about Nick Foles I don’t like. I think he’s a winner. He’s certainly a guy who fits our kind of culture, but he plays for the Chicago Bears.”

As Holder points out, Reich calling Foles a player who fits the Colts’ kind of culture is significantly different than him saying he’s happy with the QBs on Indianapolis’ roster.
Reich obviously simiping hard for some BDN.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:

They're going to need to know what wentz timetable looks like before they make any move. If wentz will just miss a game or 2 they'll wait it out.

Be nice if the Bears could get a pick for foles and their backup kicker whose been killing it