Carson Wentz out Indefinitely

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
lots of people on here wanted bears to get wentz, especially after they saw what Colts gave up for him. I would not surprised to find those same people are mocking the colts in this thread for trading for 'injury prone' wentz.

If Bears cant trade Foles to Colts or Jets at this point, either Bears are asking waay too much in return, or the entire league, including his BFF Frank Reich, thinks Foles is dog shit garbage, which makes the Bear look even worse for giving up a 4th and taking on his entire contract.
I was one. I still think wentz will be good for them and am guessing he will only miss a few games. No way they trade for foles

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was one. I still think wentz will be good for them and am guessing he will only miss a few games. No way they trade for foles
We’ll see, he’s not the same quarterback since his back injury

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love this scenario. Trade a bad qb for a 1st round pick then trade a 4th for a pretty decent qb. Logic!
I’d actually like to see Minshew on the Colts. It’ll never happen via trade but I think the Colts are good enough everywhere that Minshew could make them playoff team.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Just saw that Wentz is going to try to rehab his ankle rather than have it operated on. If he is able to play he will have limited mobility all season long.

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
Just saw that Wentz is going to try to rehab his ankle rather than have it operated on. If he is able to play he will have limited mobility all season long.

At this point, it's in the interest of the Colts to conceal the severity of Went's injury.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Ballard is to stingy he won’t trade for Foles. Bears won’t just give him away he has value and it’s only going to go up as we get closer to the trade deadline.
I think bears would give him away for nothing -- that is, a team takes over his contract, and the bears can get a free agent for about as much as they were paying Foles.

We don't need Foles, we have Dalton and Fields.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
All of this plus who knows what injuries could occur as we go on. He still has value even to us let’s say Fields isn’t ready and Dalton gets hurt? It’s nice to have a guy like Foles around. What about next year? Bears will need a backup qb, not many better than Foles. I’m glad the Bears appear to see this the same why I am seeing it and not just giving him away.
True, Foles has value, cause yeah, if Dalton or Fields gets injured, it's nice to have Foles. But I don't know the bears should allocate those type of Fole's funds towards a 3rd QB.

Most teams would go with a vet like Dalton, his backup an 11th overall pick, and a Practice Squad guy.

I read bears would only free up 4 mil in cap space. Not near as much as I assumed.

But Over the Cap says bears have 5 mil now. So with 9 mil, bears could potentially get a decent backup LT.

Canth

Liked Posts:
I think bears would give him away for nothing -- that is, a team takes over his contract, and the bears can get a free agent for about as much as they were paying Foles.

We don't need Foles, we have Dalton and Fields.
It's still early in training camps. I'm ok with Pace showing some patience for now to see if he can get anything better than nothing in return. Hopefully, they find some way to make a move by the time they start playing preseason games. Although it may take injuries in those games to shake lose a draft pick from a team.

Monster

Liked Posts:
Lol. With that timeline, you know it sure as hell is gonna be longer than 5 weeks.

It’s 5 weeks for this surgery.
The other 7 is to cover whatever he breaks walking to the bathroom after this surgery.