Cats

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
And sorry for your loss Ole. I lost my first dog in August 2019. Fortunately I woke up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. I found him by the front door and was able to be with him while he passed (He wasn't in that bad of condition for how old he was. Vets think a cyst ruptured or something.). I will never forget that moment, for better or worse. And I still miss him everyday.
I hope your new kittens are badass.
Thanks and yeah it meant something to me to be with him when he passed (assisted; we had a vet come by). My wife had to leave the room.

new cats are kicking ass but my phone won’t let me post photos of them here because file size too big.
02D60D33-05B2-4B34-B4DB-FF80FC0358F7.jpeg
Edit: there we go

AuCN

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thanks and yeah it meant something to me to be with him when he passed (assisted; we had a vet come by). My wife had to leave the room.

new cats are kicking ass but my phone won’t let me post photos of them here because file size too big.
View attachment 12026
Edit: there we go
I'm glad you were able to have a vet come by. No one (human or animal) needs that stress of a vet's office in their final moments.

They look cool as hell!

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can only speak from my own experience, but cats 'can' care a lot about their owners.

I can attest to running the full gambit on cat personalities.

From cats you only see once or twice a day, to cats that spend their days sleeping on everything in your house for 90 minutes at a time, to snobbish cats that only knowledge your existence when it suits them, to mellow cats that will nap in your lap during a fireworks show, to skittish cats that will hide under furniture because you dropped the remote, to straight up hunter cats that think they are bobcats.

Which is funny because I never liked cats and have mild dander allergies as well, but I just keep ending up living with them anyhow. The latest being a cat my wife took in when the owner could no longer have him. It is the most clingy cat I have ever shared space with and gets really jealous whenever I make any physical contact with my wife...like I stole his woman.

So OP, I can tell you I don't like cats because it's like playing pet roulette and one is actively trying to steal my wife, but I was once watching an episode of 'That 70s Show' and the Red Foreman character really summed it up the best IMO.

"You can have the absolute best cat in the entire world and it still craps in your house. "

Granada

Liked Posts:
I can attest to running the full gambit on cat personalities.

From cats you only see once or twice a day, to cats that spend their days sleeping on everything in your house for 90 minutes at a time, to snobbish cats that only knowledge your existence when it suits them, to mellow cats that will nap in your lap during a fireworks show, to skittish cats that will hide under furniture because you dropped the remote, to straight up hunter cats that think they are bobcats.

Which is funny because I never liked cats and have mild dander allergies as well, but I just keep ending up living with them anyhow. The latest being a cat my wife took in when the owner could no longer have him. It is the most clingy cat I have ever shared space with and gets really jealous whenever I make any physical contact with my wife...like I stole his woman.

So OP, I can tell you I don't like cats because it's like playing pet roulette and one is actively trying to steal my wife, but I was once watching an episode of 'That 70s Show' and the Red Foreman character really summed it up the best IMO.

"You can have the absolute best cat in the entire world and it still craps in your house. "
Speaking of hunter cats, I have two stray cats that always come to my yard. One I'm pretty sure is a house cat, has nice black and pretty well-kempt fur, with all-white paws (but no collar). The other one is a straight up hunter cat that kind of scares me: gnarly gray fur, stealth as fuck, methodical, just savage-looking as all hell. I've found multiple dead birds in my yard, which I attribute to the gray cat; and I also find shits with maggots in them, which I also attribute to him. He goes in the same spot, which is incredibly annoying, but I never catch him; and I always look for him. I have a motion sensor light and also an animal repellant light in the spot where he always goes (which does work, but the batteries always run out easily).

Anyways, the gray cat is awesome, in a crazy sort of way; but I wish he'd stop shitting in my yard all the time. One of the few times I did see him, it was right after that huge snow storm; and I just saw him trudging through the snow, to eventually leap to the top of the fence and down into the next yard. It amazes me that it can survive without a home; and it amazes me that the two cats have (seemingly) never run across each other. Good thing for the black cat, because he'd get destroyed if they ever do.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm late to the party, but I'm sorry for your loss.

Growing up, I was a dog person and didn't really like cats. Then I had cats, and I don't think I will ever have a dog again. Funny how that happened.

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I bought this at Costco because it is USA made and was cheap, and why not....it has become the Midway Island of the house: a continuous furious battling for what apparently is the key strategic position in the war. The battles over, in, and around this thing have been worth the $23 and then some. General Ozzy currently holds the position...

PXL_20210710_152931177.jpg

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm late to the party, but I'm sorry for your loss.

Growing up, I was a dog person and didn't really like cats. Then I had cats, and I don't think I will ever have a dog again. Funny how that happened.
Have both. My cat and dog are best friends.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
? Cats in the cradle and the silver spoon,
When yo momma fell down it made a big loud boom,
When's she comin' home? Son, I don't know when.
She's out turning tricks again,
She's out turning tricks again. ?

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
feels bad, man

my cat just died like 2 months ago. was real peaceful but the shit sucks
It didn't hit me at the time watching him take his last breath. It hit me like a brick shithouse a couple months later.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
idk what the deal is with the bad rap cats get cause in my experience, none of the cliches are true

I mean, of course theres asshole cats but never seemed like any more than asshole dogs

probably goes all the way back to some primitive shit that went on to become superstition

cats in my fam have always been affectionate and loyal or whatever

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
idk what the deal is with the bad rap cats get cause in my experience, none of the cliches are true

I mean, of course theres asshole cats but never seemed like any more than asshole dogs

probably goes all the way back to some primitive shit that went on to become superstition

cats in my fam have always been affectionate and loyal or whatever
I grew up with dogs, cats, roosters, chickens, horses, cows, and the uninvited opposssums, coyotes, raccoons, etc. How any person can hate a particular species of animal makes me think of that person in a different, negative way