CBS Sports Gives Bears and A for WR Darnell Mooney

greg23

Liked Posts:
From everything I've read about him he's basically a slower version of KJ Hamler.

Fast, most comfortable from the slot, big play ability, can take any little slant to the house....shit hands and small frame.

Similar size
Similar speed
Similar drops issue
Larger hands
100 picks later
Prob half the price

Better pick if you ask me

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I loved Knox. He was far from a perfect WR, but his ability to just take the top off a defense was something else. The best deep threat the Bears have had that I can recall.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
He is exactly what I wanted with Hamler, just 3 rounds later, so I can't complain. It was a solid pick that helps our O.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think it was Jeremiah that compared Mooney to Travis Benjamin. Not a bad comp if true. He is a little taller than either Gabriel or Benjamin and just from watching highlights he’s better at winning jump balls than either of them also.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
From everything I've read about him he's basically a slower version of KJ Hamler.

Fast, most comfortable from the slot, big play ability, can take any little slant to the house....shit hands and small frame.
I wonder just how "shit" his hands are. Saw him make some terrific catches and his qb was a southpaw so maybe the reverse rotation may have been an issue?

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
I wonder just how "shit" his hands are. Saw him make some terrific catches and his qb was a southpaw so maybe the reverse rotation may have been an issue?

It was mostly concentration drops, his hands are fine. This was a good pick, Mooney fits in with the current receivers well as an inside deep threat.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
What are we going to do with him?

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He is exactly what I wanted with Hamler, just 3 rounds later, so I can't complain. It was a solid pick that helps our O.

Same here. Had to be some reason he dropped (pun intended). Just like OL, let's hope he can be coached up to fix that.