Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I meannnnnnnnnnnn

BobInIndy

Liked Posts:
The 2018 season, when the D won most of the games, has skewed many recent stats for the Bears.
Nagy getting 'coach of the year', because of Fangio's D is probably the poorest representation of what happened that season. Under Nagy, our O has been close to bottom of the heap for his entire stay at Chicago. After other teams figured out his 'trick' plays, he has nothing. Instead of developing the O around the talents of the players, he 'required' "it will take several years for the team to learn his playbook!". Pure crap and now he will be gone.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
about 5 or 6 which puts him still slightly over 500,
thanks, slightly over .500 is nothing worth boasting about, just a bit better than the other trash we've trotted out there

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
#1 point D in 2018. #4 in 2019.

Id guess this is wrong.
look at the wins in 2018 where Mitch played and look at the games he didnt play good in and its 5 or 6 games. One of the wins he put up a 113QB rating but only put up 1 TD and the total points was only 14 for the Bears so that one you could make the argument that the D should get more credit for the win. So if you want to credit the win to the D then its 6 games otherwise if you want to say that he had a good game because of the 113QB rating then it would be 5 games.. doesnt really change anything as far as him being slightly over 500

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
look at the wins in 2018 where Mitch played and look at the games he didnt play good in and its 5 or 6 games. One of the wins he put up a 113QB rating but only put up 1 TD and the total points was only 14 for the Bears so that one you could make the argument that the D should get more credit for the win. So if you want to credit the win to the D then its 6 games otherwise if you want to say that he had a good game because of the 113QB rating then it would be 5 games.. doesnt really change anything as far as him being slightly over 500
Are you counting the buffalo game they scored 41 points in? Mitch was terrible in that game but d and ST were incredible

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You are trying real hard to give credit where it isn't due. First off, that stat isn't just for the year 2018 where it most conveniently fits your narrative. It includes 2017, 2019 and 2020. In 2018 the Bears led the league in takeaways and their offense had some of the best starting field position in the league. The easiest thing you can do is just go season game log by game log and see how many times they've scored 20 points or less. 20PPG ranks roughly in the low 20 to mid 20s, depending on the year. That is below league average. Are you willing to tell me that Mitch's offenses have only been carried by the D only 5-6 times over a 4 year span?

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Are you counting the buffalo game they scored 41 points in? Mitch was terrible in that game but d and ST were incredible
no 135 yards and 1TD and 1INT is not a good game for Mitch that goes to the D

BUT i made a mistake I counted one of the wins for Mitch because he had a 122QBR 3TD 1INT over 300yards but that was actually a L so the D cost him that game, so the D should be credited for 6 or 7 wins not 5 or 6

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
You are trying real hard to give credit where it isn't due. First off, that stat isn't just for the year 2018 where it most conveniently fits your narrative. It includes 2017, 2019 and 2020. In 2018 the Bears led the league in takeaways and their offense had some of the best starting field position in the league. The easiest thing you can do is just go season game log by game log and see how many times they've scored 20 points or less. 20PPG ranks roughly in the low 20 to mid 20s, depending on the year. That is below league average. Are you willing to tell me that Mitch's offenses have only been carried by the D only 5-6 times over a 4 year span?

I was replying to hyatt151 when he asked how many wins in 2018 was because of the D.. that why I was just talking about the 2018 year..

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Not sure what the issue is. Trent Dilfer doesn't have an asterisk by his name with a footnote the says "Ravens defense won the game." He's listed as a Super Bowl winning QB.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
here is the thing in 2018 Mitch had 6 games over a 100QBR one of those games where he put up over 300 yards and 3TD was a loss. But the remaining games that we won his total stats for the games where..

103 of 142 for 1410 yards 72.5% 9.9 ypa 14TD 0INT and 136.7 QBR why would we give the credit to the D for those games? I mean its a team win so of course the D should get credit. but we are not talking about wining in spite of bad QB play, at lest for those games.. the rest of the wins yes they won in spit of him.. but those games when he played good he should get the credit for playing good..

Bottom line is he was a marginal QB that had some good games and a bunch of bad games. The only thing we can really do is use him for comparison to other QBs for the Bears. because if Mitch wasn't good enough then who ever replaces him needs to be MUCH better and so far unfortunately no other Bears QB has even risen to the "marginal" standard that Mitch has set.. Kind of depressing that no other QB can surpass that low bar..