CCS Fantasy football

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
With my 4 teams down to injuries and weeks of ARob no shows, my only real interest now is the Suicide Pick'em league. Still no misses, but sure as shit this tough week will give me a loss. Really trying to save the playoff strongest teams for the end.

QBs in general seem pretty inconsistent this year. Murray, Lamar J, & Russell Wilson all started hot & disappoint fairly often.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Real football is always more important than fake football imho
I used to tell myself no matter what I wanted the Bears to win before my fantasy teams success...for probably the last 5 or so years now that has changed for me. Let me start with I will always be happy to see the Bears win, but NFL teams/owners don't give a shit about fans. They know no matter what they will always have support and a fanbase. And when they don't they will just pick up and move to where they will. They don't care what type of product they put on the field because they will always have TV contracts to bring in revenue and a majority of fans will support them no matter what because for some odd reason fans have this need to say they supported them no matter how bad the team plays. Now I know not all fans who play fantasy football are as into it as I am or put as much money into leagues as I do...but why should I root for a Bears win over my fantasy football teams win? I have no control over the Bears, but I do have some control over the success of my fantasy teams. So if it comes down to rooting against a Bears player or to have the Bears lose so my fantasy team can win...give me the fantasy win 10/10.

TL;DR - I care about Fantasy Football more than Real Football

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I used to tell myself no matter what I wanted the Bears to win before my fantasy teams success...for probably the last 5 or so years now that has changed for me. Let me start with I will always be happy to see the Bears win, but NFL teams/owners don't give a shit about fans. They know no matter what they will always have support and a fanbase. And when they don't they will just pick up and move to where they will. They don't care what type of product they put on the field because they will always have TV contracts to bring in revenue and a majority of fans will support them no matter what because for some odd reason fans have this need to say they supported them no matter how bad the team plays. Now I know not all fans who play fantasy football are as into it as I am or put as much money into leagues as I do...but why should I root for a Bears win over my fantasy football teams win? I have no control over the Bears, but I do have some control over the success of my fantasy teams. So if it comes down to rooting against a Bears player or to have the Bears lose so my fantasy team can win...give me the fantasy win 10/10.

That's fair.

I've only been playing fantasy football for four years, so while I enjoy the competition, it's mainly just for fun.

I have less than fifty bucks on the line in total this season.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

If I have major money on the line, then I absolutely care more about my fantasy team as it furthers my interests. Otherwise, it's meh.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
If I have major money on the line, then I absolutely care more about my fantasy team as it furthers my interests. Otherwise, it's meh.
I wouldn't consider what I have on the line as major, but I usually have around $1K spread out between leagues...which is significant enough for me to care about my fantasy teams more than a Bears win LMAO.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Speaking of BIG MONEY leagues

got some huge playoff implication matchups this week in both the regular league and the keeper league

it’s getting to that time of the season, where a lot of teams playoffs kinda start now!

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Speaking of BIG MONEY leagues

got some huge playoff implication matchups this week in both the regular league and the keeper league

it’s getting to that time of the season, where a lot of teams playoffs kinda start now!
I kinda lucked my way into first place and suspect that I am rather paper handed in the ccs league. Henry going down and the edwards trade turned into double IR situations that just suck. Then the Pats drop a 28 burger on me with their defense on a Thursday this week...... The ship is listing....

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I kinda lucked my way into first place and suspect that I am rather paper handed in the ccs league. Henry going down and the edwards trade turned into double IR situations that just suck. Then the Pats drop a 28 burger on me with their defense on a Thursday this week...... The ship is listing....
Ngl…looking at your roster I was kinda wondering how your team managed to last in first place this long. Impressive in reality

and yeah, my pats defense is starting to become a difference maker week after week

unfortunately, the pats have their bye week in week 14. Super fucking late in the season

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
CCS league is super fucking close. So is my home league, but my team hasn't been healthy since week one, so I can't win more than one at a time.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm in a must win situation in my other league going against what is the best team. I really need Lamar to play.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Ngl…looking at your roster I was kinda wondering how your team managed to last in first place this long. Impressive in reality

and yeah, my pats defense is starting to become a difference maker week after week

unfortunately, the pats have their bye week in week 14. Super fucking late in the season
The way I get a W over your team is Hockenson drops another zero, Dalvin gets injured early and Cousins plays like it is a must win.....

My team is beat TF up right now. Other than WR's and Tom Brady I am literally relying on my place kicker.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Welp, played against Taylor today in a league. That's an automatic L

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Welp, played against Taylor today in a league. That's an automatic L
I did the same in one league that I do not really care about. Took a hard L.

It is funny in my friends league, before the season started one guy moved Taylor for Adam thielen. Then his workhorse D Henry went down and he has been crying ever since.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
@MDB111™ has Taylor and still might lose this week ??

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Man...fuck that trade in the keeper league lol.

I left it out there before news broke about how bad Hopkins injury was.

Oh well...I had only a distant shot at patching this thing together. I hope Hopkins was acquired in third round so I can keep him.

I had an idea about that. Instead of "the next round"...like 2's become one's.

What if it just has to be a higher pick on a keeper each year?

Like a late third can convert to a loss of an early third, rather than an early second.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
^ reason for moving the keepers up a rd the next year is so people don't keep the same guys year after year. Allows the draft to be more relevant & rewards getting fliers & rookies late more than stashing early rounders.

It'd be madness to try to track early vs. late picks in the same Rd. For that reason though, I do request we pick the draft order a week or 2 early so we can have time to decide who to keep. You're right, early vs. late can make a big difference.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If ya'll ever have anyone bail on this keeper league, let me know. I ended up quitting another league so I'm down to just two.

I've done keeper leagues in the past and they were just not managed correctly and there weren't enough serious players so I lost interest, but it sounds like you guys have a good handle on it.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
If ya'll ever have anyone bail on this keeper league, let me know. I ended up quitting another league so I'm down to just two.

I've done keeper leagues in the past and they were just not managed correctly and there weren't enough serious players so I lost interest, but it sounds like you guys have a good handle on it.
Will do. Attrition is naturally going to happen I’m sure

Some of us have a better handle on it than others

Last edited by a moderator:

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

? There's a separate thread somewhere for the Keeper League where we discussed this stuff as it formed. Same reason, I'm on a local friend keeper that's poorly run that I inherited a terrible roster, and it's frustrating (also was told 3 yr max keep, now it's infinite apparently?‍♂️). *Unless Michael Carter or Jevonta Williams turn into Rd 1 or 2 RB talent, I'll be screwed again next year for RBs in that one.

Should be fun to have this one run better.