CCS News: Full Chicago Bears Depth Chart

Status
Not open for further replies.

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
Alright so the first official DC was released today. I wrote a quick article giving the details on the position players.

Bears’ Affairs: The First Official Released Depth Chart of the Chicago Bears | Chi City Sports l Chicago Sports News - Blog - Message Board - Fans

Danieal Manning...one who isn't a physical tackler, is playing SS? Major Wright: not a starter? Maybe they are attempting to give depth in playmaking ability for the secondary...but it's awkward. I want Wright at FS, Harris at SS. Also, Earl Bennett as a third stringer? All of this can change, of course, but it's nothing less than intersting, that's for sure.

:bears:

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Why does everyone once again want a rookie safety playing, it's happened almost every year in the past 3-4 and somehow they fall apart 3/4ths of the year in and then never continue to develop from that point. He needs to be on the bench

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why does everyone once again want a rookie safety playing, it's happened almost every year in the past 3-4 and somehow they fall apart 3/4ths of the year in and then never continue to develop from that point. He needs to be on the bench
:smh:
Those safeties that Angelo drafted were late-round SSs that were bad in coverage. Major is a FS with speed, range, and good coverage ability. There's no one else that can play FS (Harris is an SS) and play it effectively besides Wright. Jarius Byrd started at FS a rookie, and all he did was intercept 9 passes a rookie

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We need Kevin Payne back. Flag football tackler is a must!

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:

Same thing as USC stated. All of our rookie starting safeties were like at least fifth rounders. Wright is more game-ready, coming out of Florida, and could fit in very well. He will get some time in, I just want him to be our opening day starter.

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
The thing that most stood out to me was the "TE" situation. Martz said he would use Olsen after many had gone on and on about how Martz didn't use the tight end much, other than as a blocker.

Lo and behold, this depth chart has no tight end, and the position is listed as "H-back". Olsen is nowhere to be found (neither is Kellen Davis, for that matter).

I'm a little bit worried that they're going to put in this system, they struggle to get it down and we don't make the playoffs, and this regime is swept out leaving the players to start over next year, including those like Olsen who will basically have a year to grow and develop thrown away because they "didn't fit the system".

If this was the plan all along, shouldn't we have traded him for a decent draft pick this past April? New England nearly bit on a 2nd rounder - you would think they could have received a late 2nd for him from someone, or even an early third.

I guess I'm hoping this was just an oversight by the blogger that TEs weren't included.....Dustin?

Last edited:

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Jarius Byrd had different coaches that haven't made the same decisions repeatedly to failure. Even with his father being one of those coaches.

Josh Bullocks was a 2nd-3rd round projected pick with good range, coverage ability, and a ball-hawking skill and played early as a rookie but wound up struggling into a below average bad safety. Safety gets considered at times the second most difficult position to grapple and play great in after QB but it takes the same kinda instincts and smarts to diagnose and react to the entire field for one to be great at it. Early play isn't always the smart move.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
The thing that most stood out to me was the "TE" situation. Martz said he would use Olsen after many had gone on and on about how Martz didn't use the tight end much, other than as a blocker.

Lo and behold, this depth chart has no tight end, and the position is listed as "H-back". Olsen is nowhere to be found (neither is Kellen Davis, for that matter).

I'm a little bit worried that they're going to put in this system, they struggle to get it down and we don't make the playoffs, and this regime is swept out leaving the players to start over next year, including those like Olsen who will basically have a year to grow and develop thrown away because they "didn't fit the system".

If this was the plan all along, shouldn't we have traded him for a decent draft pick this past April? New England nearly bit on a 2nd rounder - you would think they could have received a late 2nd for him from someone, or even an early third.

I guess I'm hoping this was just an oversight by the blogger that TEs weren't included.....Dustin?

Inside rumors were reporting they were only fetching around 5th round picks. That'd be a joke of New England to of given up one of their 2nd round picks for a player who blocks worse than a TE they could of drafted plus after they had signed Agle Crumpler it was more out of the window.

If you look at the Bears actual website and depth chart list. There is the TE position listed in order: Olsen, Manu, Davis, Angulo.

JJ-28

Liked Posts:
Well as we all can read as of right now he is the starting RG. So I guess he been working hard in training camp

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hope the Rams enjoy Payne's flag football skills.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I hope the Rams enjoy Payne's flag football skills.

You must play so dirty flag football because that's the exact opposite of Payne's play. All Payne would try to do it hit people and doesn't know how to tackle well.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
The Garret Wolfe experiment is over. Get rid of that fucking midget.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Um, tackling with one arm is flag football.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Um, tackling with one arm is flag football.

Pff, flag football takes form, you gotta reach for the flag not lowering your head and charging into a player.:kick:

Wolfe isn't all guaranteed out the door, plus even doing nothing on the field for 3 years doesn't mean he is always going to never be a capable backup or even bit player. Look at Jerome Harrison of Cleveland, did next to nothing ever until last year becomes the best back in final stretch of the year for a once considered too small only 3rd down back at best man.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.