CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Have seen a couple threads of new members from outside of Chicago asking where to tailgate. I was surprised to see so many CCS folks who tailgate, have met each other, etc. Who all tailgates at the stadium? Best practices? Best spots?

I'm going to try and make a game myself.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Liver of fortitude?

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kinda surprised there isn’t already a CCS flag flying in the parking lot every home game Sunday tbh.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Way back when new Soldier Field was completed, I had met up with several CBMB posters at 31st/Moe Dr. Lot B and we really had a blast tailgating for all home games dating back to 2003. We had 20+ STH's parking in the same area below the I-55 overpass on a regular basis for several years... Anybody remember the Fork You Tailgating crew??

Unfortunately tailgating has become very constrained over the past 2-3 years making a large group get together a real PITA unless you have a bus or RV spot. Prior to 2003, the old South lot or Adler lots were both great and you could meet up with everyone in the same exact spot. Now all lots prevent saving spots and the only way to park next to your crew is to try and line up together before you go thru the gate... Even then its a crap shoot.

I tailgated at Lot B for the Buc's game and while it is probably the best option for a cash tailgate lot, it just isn't the same anymore. SP Nazi's have taken control and have ruined the experience, just like they did at all of the other coupon lots. Each and every vehicle is parked mirror to mirror and you have no choice of spots. You must now hope you get parked behind a car so that you can easily access the tailgate of your truck. No canopies!, No Open Fires!, No spreading out! No exceptions!

If you decide to park at 31st Lot B... My suggestion, as others have stated in other threads, is to be there early, maybe 20-30m prior to the gate opening at 8am for a noon game. By 8:15am the line of cars extended all the way up Moe Dr. and traffic was backed up all at least a block down 31st. It took us at least 30m to get in the gate for the lot. Of course, I was lucky? enough to have a car parked behind me making tailgate access nice and tight.

Once parked we made the best of it and pulled up just enough to get to our gear, but were not allowed to turn the truck around. It was so tight, I did not even pull out my flag pole and hang all my flags... Forget about trying to setup corn hole boards, hillbilly golf etc... You will have just enough room for your grill, table and maybe 4 chairs.

Moving forward, I really think it makes the most sense to join up with a large group who has an Bus or RV as the spots reserved for 31st RV parking have plenty of room to setup. If you had a group of 10+ chipping in and splitting the cost, it really may best to park a car in a garage and walk/ride to your camp.

I am hoping others will share their feedback on tailgating the way it is today... Maybe there is tailgating lot I don't know about nearby that has more freedom? I am considering parking at Burnham Harbor cash lot now that it is open... Have not parked there for over 10 years. Really hoping someone can weigh in on tailgating at Burnham as it is closer and really may be better now that 31st has become SP controlled.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Kinda surprised there isn’t already a CCS flag flying in the parking lot every home game Sunday tbh.

All these donations and no flag yet?

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
All these donations and no flag yet?

Any donation $ was spent on a month or two of hosting 2-3 years ago. I'll buy a CCS flag personally if somebody is there to fly it. I live in North Carolina :smug:

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
That does look badass

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
So anyone actually want to plan a meet up for a future game?

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Any donation $ was spent on a month or two of hosting 2-3 years ago. I'll buy a CCS flag personally if somebody is there to fly it. I live in North Carolina :smug:

Is there already a design? Perhaps a small design competition if enough people are interested. Winner gets a shirt or something? I like the idea but I don’t expect you to have to pull out of the pocket for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Is there already a design? Perhaps a small design competition if enough people are interested. Winner gets a shirt or something? I like the idea but I don’t expect you to have to pull out of the pocket for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll pay for it gladly - if we had anybody to actually put it up

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

Only kidding
I would offer to pay for the flag too

TH_Bearfan

Liked Posts:
Every year since 2007, 4 to 5 of my buddies attend a December game. Since 2007 we've tailgated the south lot but one year. We tried the 31st lot one year and just didn't feel the same. The south lot is awesome in my opinion. Even though you're packed in, it just has an awesome atmosphere. We try to start at the earliest as possible so we generally get in line right at 7 am on noon games. We've met and hanged out with awesome fans and will continue to do so. We are going to the Rams game this year.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

Mr2423

Liked Posts:
Does anyone offer tailgating to buy into? Coming from Indiana and would love to partake in one...Fork you Tailgating used to do one but can’t find anything now?