CCS Weather Thread (Snow Season)

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
having been the most well-traveled driver ever, I can affirm that Chicago drivers are as bad as or even worse than Albuquerque drivers.*

The only places that I liked how people drove when not in a bottle-neck were New York and Italy.

*The Kennedy/Dan Ryan/Stevenson are not just bad; if there is a rain drop or millimeter of snow, it's as if people forgot how to drive altogether

Can confirm.

Every Spring when it thaws out, they forget they've ever known precipitation and the cycle begins again.

"How on Earth do I continue driving in this deluge of drizzle!?!?!?"

Might I suggest driving normally, but pay attention to your stopping distance and grip on the road?

Ya know, the same fucking way you have the entire time you've been driving, which appears to have been when the Model-T came out.

Oddly, these same people will drive on snow/ice 5mph over the speed limit, sliding into ditches and shit because they think AWD conveys some universal form of friction that grips the road like its Summer.

AWD with snow tires is wonderful, you can do 15-30mph, safe and slow and move thru the snow like a tank, I've done it hundreds of times in my life.

AWD with snow tires does not mean you can get on I-57 and just kinda bump the cruise control to 80mph and take a nap, FFS.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
We have about 4-5 inches already here near Oak Park.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
We made the in retrospect moronic decision to move near a snow removal lot that we thought was going to be bought/torn down. The drone of their little bobcats at 3 AM is one of several reasons we're moving again. I swear to fuck the crackheads drive those bobcats from point a to point b just to go potty

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
We are getting some windy, light snow over here in Appalachian land, heard wind chills will be negative for a couple days.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Given you're southern burbs, you're more likely to be fucked.

I think you mean, my neighbors are more likely to be fucked.

I aint need to go outside.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Ah fuck, Jewel gonna be like Purge Night 2mow.
Got a buddy in Management at HyVee. He told me I wouldn't even be able to guess how much eggs, milk, bread they sell day before the media says there will be snow. It doesn't even really matter how much either, just that it will snow lol.

I just don't get it. Like even if you get a foot of snow, how long will you be snowed in? 24-48 hours at most? You mean to tell me people don't have 2 days worth of food in their house at all times?

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Got a buddy in Management at HyVee. He told me I wouldn't even be able to guess how much eggs, milk, bread they sell day before the media says there will be snow. It doesn't even really matter how much either, just that it will snow lol.

I just don't get it. Like even if you get a foot of snow, how long will you be snowed in? 24-48 hours at most? You mean to tell me people don't have 2 days worth of food in their house at all times?
You're likely getting all the people that see the weather then go "oh shit, I don't have ____" and so they then rush to the store. This adds on to people who were going there anyways.. then to compound the problem, the people who might not normally have gone and have stock, suddenly go because they're afraid there won't be any supplies after the storm.

Large storms certainly can hit the supply chain and cause delays of new product, but I've rarely seen anything where there are no eggs, milk or bread for more than a few days from a snow storm.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

2022: Well my parents did it.

1972: Well my parents did it, in case we got snowed in for a few days.

1922: Well my parents stockpiled for the storm, because we might've been snowed in for weeks.

1872: Well my parents stockpiled for the Winter so we didn't need to eat Uncle Pete depending on what Mr. Groundhog decided.