CCS Weather Thread (Snow Season)

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Weathermen down here are predicting 18-24" Saturday night/Sunday Morning.
I got my chains ready.

The weathermen here are as horrible as the drivers.

People down here can't drive when it rains, much less all that snow.. I can't wait to see all the cars in ditches..

5425141625_9306c30661_z.jpg

iStock-471289243.jpg

:)

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Weathermen down here are predicting 18-24" Saturday night/Sunday Morning.
I got my chains ready.

The weathermen here are as horrible as the drivers.

People down here can't drive when it rains, much less all that snow.. I can't wait to see all the cars in ditches..

5425141625_9306c30661_z.jpg

iStock-471289243.jpg

:)
Sorry about your wife's car.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
So far..11" here..We are getting wiped out!

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Storms over...19" total in my driveway.

19" down here is like 4' in Chicago

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Ask the dumbass weather man who first Predicted much more and then walked it back

So predicted 18-24 inches, then changed to 1-3 inches.. and you end up with his original prediction?

Btw was in Asheville a few January's ago and it snowed and sure enough people can't drive (roads aren't treated well either). It wasn't much snow though, just enough to collect on roads and make icy conditions.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
So predicted 18-24 inches, then changed to 1-3 inches.. and you end up with his original prediction?

Btw was in Asheville a few January's ago and it snowed and sure enough people can't drive (roads aren't treated well either). It wasn't much snow though, just enough to collect on roads and make icy conditions.

Yes..It hit his original prediction which was probably a lucky guess on his part..
They don't have the removal equipment like the large cities do because they use it maybe once every 2 years during a major event.
1" of snow here, and people panic.
The small town I live close to has 1 snow plow..Its a small dump truck they put a blade on.
About 3 months ago this genius weatherman said we were going to get 60 MPH winds. I went out and looked at the flag and it was as limp as a dead mans dick.

On another note, when they plow the street (scraping, lol)..They plow it into the center of the road, thereby blocking a drivers view if he wants to make a left turn. Unbelieveable

Last edited:

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I used to have that Midwestern attitude that people in South just weren't as good of drivers as us snow hardened Northerners, but have realized over time that we have plows sitting at every interchange 12 hours before a predicted flake falls, and that it's pretty damn flat here....I don't care who you are, driving on hilly untreated roads in the winter = accident.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I used to have that Midwestern attitude that people in South just weren't as good of drivers as us snow hardened Northerners, but have realized over time that we have plows sitting at every interchange 12 hours before a predicted flake falls, and that it's pretty damn flat here....I don't care who you are, driving on hilly untreated roads in the winter = accident.
having been the most well-traveled driver ever, I can affirm that Chicago drivers are as bad as or even worse than Albuquerque drivers.*

The only places that I liked how people drove when not in a bottle-neck were New York and Italy.

*The Kennedy/Dan Ryan/Stevenson are not just bad; if there is a rain drop or millimeter of snow, it's as if people forgot how to drive altogether

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Having lived in both places, I will agree with the part of your post about the north being flat and lots of plows, but that's where it ends. People in the south are horrible bad weather drivers. I have seen them in ditches during a rain, much less a snowstorm. I have seen them abandon their cars in the middle of the road with less than 1 inch of snow on the ground. There was a woman sitting behind the wheel of her car in the roadway shaking because there was about as much snow as you would see someone's lawn showing thru. I actually had to park her car for her in an adjacent lot, and drive her home. We got the latest storm on Saturday, and we still haven't received any mail, as of this morning.

I love living here, and wouldn't go back to Chicago for anything.. But facts are facts. Drivers down here can't handle inclement weather.

One exception...The good ol boys with pickups and 35" tires. Those guys will drive thru anything!

Last edited:

dennehy

Liked Posts:
The worst drivers are in Texas, followed by Tennessee and North Carolina imo - not coincidentally places with lots of transplants.

After living in Texas for many years Chicago drivers seemed like the best in the world. When it rains or snows, forget about it in the south. A mess.