Celebrity Nude Photo Hacking Scandal

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
https://celebrity.yahoo.com/news/apparent-hollywood-hack-attack-nabs-stars-nude-pix-013137802.html

Apparent massive hack reveals nude pictures of stars

Scandal rocked both Hollywood and the US tech industry Monday after an apparent massive hack of a cloud data service unleashed a torrent of intimate pictures of celebrities onto the Internet.

Anonymous posters to online message boards boasted of having nude images of scores of female stars including Oscar-winner Jennifer Lawrence, pop icon Rihanna and top model Kate Upton.

Early reports suggested hackers had "ripped" private images from tech giant Apple's iCloud online data storage, but the firm made no immediate comment and other services may have been targeted.

Some of the pictures had previously been circulated on message forums, and others appeared fake, but some major stars expressed outrage at a new breach and threatened legal action.

"This is a flagrant violation of privacy. The authorities have been contacted and will prosecute anyone who posts the stolen photos of Jennifer Lawrence," Lawrence's agent told entertainment media.

By late Sunday, Twitter had begun suspending accounts that linked to the Lawrence photos, tech news site Mashable reported.

Among the scores of celebrities whose pictures were allegedly stolen were Scarlett Johansson, Winona Ryder, Avril Lavigne, Amber Heard, Hayden Panettiere and Hope Solo.

Former Nickelodeon star and singer Victoria Justice said the images claiming to show her nude were anything but the real deal.

"These so called nudes of me are FAKE people. Let me nip this in the bud right now. *pun intended*" she tweeted.

A spokesperson for actress and pop star Ariana Grande told BuzzFeed that images said to be of her are "completely fake."

But horror movie actress Mary Elizabeth Winstead confirmed that some of her private pictures were in circulation and condemned those who stole them and who circulated them.

"To those of you looking at photos I took with my husband years ago in the privacy of our home, hope you feel great about yourselves," she tweeted.

"Knowing those photos were deleted long ago, I can only imagine the creepy effort that went into this. Feeling for everyone who got hacked."

The scale of the breach became apparent on Sunday when users of the 4chan message board, a diverse online community that has been criticized in the past for misogyny, began posting pictures.
http://boards.4chan.org/b/
http://gawker.com/is-this-4chan-offshoot-the-ground-zero-for-the-leaked-c-1629190208
http://terezowens.com/mckayla-maroney-nudes-get-leaked-as-well/
http://terezowens.com/justin-verlander-and-kate-upton-nudes-hit-the-web/

Some more mainstream news and entertainment sites took up the story -- and some linked to the images before taking them down amid legal threats and public outrage.

According to a report on news and gossip site Gawker, users of a AnonIB -- an anonymous photo-sharing platform focused on stolen images of women -- have been boasting of a hack since last week.

Some users -- hiding behind pseudonyms -- made an apparent attempt to sell the pictures or to trade them with fellow hackers for others.

Tech news site The Next Web reported what it said was evidence that hackers had found a weakness in Apple's "Find my iPhone" service, an app that tracks lost or stolen handsets.

Apple has patched the alleged hole, the report said, but not before news of it spread in the hacker community, allowing unscrupulous strangers to access private online data.

The scale of the hack, and the targeting of women in the public eye, quickly revived the debate on social media about privacy concerns and about misogyny on the Internet.

The scandal also posed a public relations challenge to tech companies, who have been marketing online storage like iCloud, DropBox or GoogleDrive as a safe haven for users' private data.

Several popular tech blogs marked the story by providing advice on storing private data safely, by using advanced encryption and two-step password identification or by keeping it offline.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If you are a celeb, I don't know why you would keep explicit photos of yourself on anything that can be hacked. Having said that, these dudes doing this shit are really slimy individuals.

P.S. - Kate Upton & Jennifer Lawrence have nice racks.

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...de-photos-leak-kate-upton-statement/14935583/
FBI looking into leaked nude photos of Lawrence, Upton

The FBI said late Monday that it was investigating leaked nude photos that targeted Jennifer Lawrence and Kate Upton.

The agency told the Associated Press that it was addressing accusations that online accounts of celebrities, including Oscar-winner Lawrence, had been hacked, leading to the posting of their nude photographs online.

In addition, Apple Inc. spokeswoman Natalie Kerris said the company was investigating whether any iCloud accounts were compromised, according to the AP.

Representatives for supermodel-turned-actress Upton, 22, and Lawrence, 24, who plays heroine Katniss Everdeen in the Hunger Games movie franchise, issued statements about intimate pictures which first appeared on image-sharing site 4Chan over the weekend.

As a taxpayer, why do I have to pay for this investigation?

If the people hacked for nude photos were regular 'Joe Blows', I highly doubt that the FBI would be this involved.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I got my pack.... =)

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Please don't put up links here that lead to the photos. Please don't ask.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Can he ask for a PM?

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Because hacking is against the law. Why do taxpayers pay for police to investigate burglaries?

If the people hacked for nude photos were regular 'Joe Blows', I highly doubt that the FBI would be this involved.
Joe Blows nude photos aren't worth money to the hacker. Joe Blows are hacked for password/credit card/banking info, so, yes, the FBI would be involved.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
My bad, man. I'm still somewhat new to the board etiquette.

If it were me, I wouldn't care and leave it up to the user. But this kind of content(especially now, while hot) is DMCAing a lot of sites, as well as getting sites flagged with google and sponsors).

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
If it were me, I wouldn't care and leave it up to the user. But this kind of content(especially now, while hot) is DMCAing a lot of sites, as well as getting sites flagged with google and sponsors).
Now that I'm aware of the consequences to the board, it may be a good idea for you guys to close this thread.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Why are they talking about these pics as if they're all over the web and everyone is looking at them? It seems to me that nobody is able to find them at all.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Why are they talking about these pics as if they're all over the web and everyone is looking at them? It seems to me that nobody is able to find them at all.
You missed Sunday then. Lots have been taken down since but they are still around. And the 2nd group of leaks never made it out.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
My guess is they got their lawyers all over it

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

The whole pack of photos is on torrents.... lol I've never seen a torrent with this many people connected at one time.... 100k+.

go to any torrent site and search for The Fappening.... lmao thats how they have the pack labeled.

Websites are gonna spurn hosting the pics for viewing cause of the stuff Crys mentioned about getting black listed and filtered out by google and most of all because of celeb lawyers crawling all over you for hosting the content.

These pics are widely available in the pirate community just like any other content they don't want you to have.