Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I thought since there is a thread about the Bears getting an F from Football Outsiders, I’d post the other end of the spectrum. All of these media snap judgements are pretty stupid. Let the guys play some NFL games before making grand proclamations.

2022 NFL Draft: Final quick-snap grades for all 32 teams

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Analysis: While the Bears did not have a first-round pick because of their 2021 draft-day trade to select Justin Fields, they did address the primary needs in the secondary by grabbing two likely rookie starters in Gordon and Brisker. Jones gives the team depth at receiver and a punt return option, even if he might only end up signing one contract with the team because he will be a 25-year-old rookie.

The offensive line was addressed on Day 3, with Thomas possessing the nasty streak and mobility to win the swing tackle spot as a rookie. Jones is a solid pass protector with nice length, and Carter is a potential sixth lineman. Ebner is an electric kick returner. Keeping the sturdy, experienced and athletic Kramer in Illinois will pay off when he starts early in his career. The departure of Pat O'Donnellled Chicago to pick Gill.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The guy seems a little clueless to me.

"Picking the talented pass-catcher was a bit of a risk, given the draft capital they parted with to trade up for him"

FFS, the lions barely gave up anything. They moved up 20 spots in the first, and as a result moved down only 12 spots in the second, and gave up a third. How much draft capital did the Bears give to move up 9 spots to 11?

Criticize away for taking an injured player, but have a clue about what your talking about.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Still an INC for me

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

"Picking the talented pass-catcher was a bit of a risk, given the draft capital they parted with to trade up for him"

FFS, the lions barely gave up anything. They moved up 20 spots in the first, and as a result moved down only 12 spots in the second, and gave up a third. How much draft capital did the Bears give to move up 9 spots to 11?

Criticize away for taking an injured player, but have a clue about what your talking about.
Yes, he’s only been covering the NFL for 22 years. One cool thing, he knows the difference between your and you’re.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I thought since there is a thread about the Bears getting an F from Football Outsiders, I’d post the other end of the spectrum. All of these media snap judgements are pretty stupid. Let the guys play some NFL games before making grand proclamations.

He gave the Bears an A- which was one of the lowest grades he handed out. He says it is "necessary" to grade immediately and then hands out As to every team.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

but you'll quote Walterfootball grades that didnt like the Kyler Gordon pick

:jonesy:

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
as pointed out in another thread, this dude only gave out 4 grades below a B, and they were all C grades. At least take a stance. Maybe rank the drafts1-32.

I'd rather listen to someone who actually gives out D's and F's. Not everyone's draft is going to pass when looking back in 5 years. So grade them as if they can fail. Because some will. Try and guess or what's the point. A good grade means nothing, if you automatically get a C for showing up.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
easily an A+ once you factor in the fact that Poles could fill the field with all his UDFAs..

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Looking at that article, here's a draft this board would have praised.
Scratch the TE and S, add Gordon and it was there for us. Would look like this:
Gordon
Pierce
Raimann
Johnson.

Grade was 'C'. Drafts grades are very much eye of the beholder. In this case the evaluator gave the Bear A grade credit for using their 1st last year to acquire Fields,

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He gave the Bears an A- which was one of the lowest grades he handed out. He says it is "necessary" to grade immediately and then hands out As to every team.
I think about 1/2 are A's and 4 C's. Grades should be high this year in the deepest draft in a long time, maybe ever but he's likely one of those guys that understands that none of them have played an NFL snap yet.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Analysis: While the Bears did not have a first-round pick because of their 2021 draft-day trade to select Justin Fields, they did address the primary needs in the secondary by grabbing two likely rookie starters in Gordon and Brisker. Jones gives the team depth at receiver and a punt return option, even if he might only end up signing one contract with the team because he will be a 25-year-old rookie.

The offensive line was addressed on Day 3, with Thomas possessing the nasty streak and mobility to win the swing tackle spot as a rookie. Jones is a solid pass protector with nice length, and Carter is a potential sixth lineman. Ebner is an electric kick returner. Keeping the sturdy, experienced and athletic Kramer in Illinois will pay off when he starts early in his career. The departure of Pat O'Donnellled Chicago to pick Gill.
He has pretty much every pick as being a starter or solid contributor? How could that be an A-?
Would have to be an A++++++++++++

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
This guy giving away As like @Leomaz does his ass to anyone who will like one of his posts.

Very weird how he can give the Bears an A for day 1 even though they didn't actually have a pick. He still gives the draft a high grade even though they did next to nothing to support that first round pick.

FBO>NFL.COM

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Bears moved up for a QB which is always more costly. Yall moved up for a WR still recovering from an ACL.

Put another way, if you moved up for a QB then I doubt anyone bats an eye at the compensation.