Chandler Jones out for a month ??

slicker sam

Liked Posts:
Has anybody heard about this? true /false?

"Beating the New England Patriots is a challenge of the first order for the Chicago Bears. Thankfully they received some welcome news to tip the scales. As of Week 8, the Pats boast the #1 pass defense in the NFL, allowing just 208 yards per game. That did not bode well for the Bears, who pride themselves on being a pass-first team. Well, things took a surprising turn when it was announced Patriots defensive end Chandler Jones would be out for the next month with a hip injury.

Part of what made their defense so hard to throw against was physical press coverage provided by their secondary but also a reliable pass rush that has compiled 18 sacks. Their leading man in that was Jones with 4.5. He marks the second key player lost in the front seven. Linebacker Jerod Mayo is already done for the season. In addition to his sacks, the Patriots will also lose Jones’ ability to draw double teams. They have nobody else on the roster capable of doing that.

So now the Chicago Bears, who have a Pro Bowl running back in Matt Forte who can exploit the New England Patriots beleaguered 24th ranked run defense, will have a chance to really open up the offense if Jay Cutler can stand back in the pocket without pressure in his face. Bill Belichick is known for his ability to adjust, but this may be one loss even he can’t mask."

http://sportsmockery.com/2014/10/chicago-bears-catch-big-break-patriots/

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
Heard it on the radio this morning...true as far as I know.

beardownboilerup85

Liked Posts:
its true. not sure if its really going to impact this game, we still have cutler

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
its true. not sure if its really going to impact this game, we still have cutler

Really, the same Cutler that if he has no turnovers (like in 3 games this year) we win? Cutler usually bounces back quite nice after a week like last week, meaning doing everything the way he is supposed to be doing it.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Really, the same Cutler that if he has no turnovers (like in 3 games this year) we wi?. Cutler usually bounces back quite nice after a week like last week, meaning doing everything the way he is supposed to be doing it.

Yeah Cutler is likely to have a big game this week. Unfortunately this team will likely continue its up and down performance week by week while falling out of the playoff race.

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
Didnt they trade for linebacker Akeem Ayers? Not that means a whole lot. They mite blize him often, to give the Pats a better pass rush since Jones is gone be out. They just mite use him at DE also.

beardownboilerup85

Liked Posts:
Really, the same Cutler that if he has no turnovers (like in 3 games this year) we win? Cutler usually bounces back quite nice after a week like last week, meaning doing everything the way he is supposed to be doing it.

if we do win this game it is going to be because of forte, not cutler.

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
if we do win this game it is going to be because of forte, not cutler.
I disagree, Forte will help but I think the Pats are gonna put up some points. Cutler is gonna need to perform like he did in Atlanta for us to win.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is he also out for the Packers and Lion games? If he is, the gain is moot.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels

I'd like to see him start bouncing back with 4, 5, 6 or more good games in a row.

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
Didnt they trade for linebacker Akeem Ayers? Not that means a whole lot. They mite blize him often, to give the Pats a better pass rush since Jones is gone be out. They just mite use him at DE also.

Your use of the word "mite" disturbeds me