Charles Leno Fan Club

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
J'Marcus Webb and the entire Bears offensive line during that period was next level bad. if I was Jay Cutler I wouldn't even care about living anymore, let alone just going DOOOOOOOON'T CAAAAAAAAAARE.

Leno was a marked improvement over any of that shitshow embarrassment. he wasn't a total gamechanger no, but he didn't outright fuck games up either.

My point was it seems his career was declared over after signing for an offseason on the Colts.
Bad Bears oline aren't being held back by the Bears, they're the likely cause of the rest of the offense being worse than they are.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That was great. lol I didn't know there was a fandom for Leno. I know a lot of folks didn't like Leno, many influenced by tape never lies, but having a serviceable left tackle was a dream for a long time in these parts. Leno is no pro-bowler but admirably held down maybe the 2nd hardest position in football for several years at decent level.

His decline started in 2017. Jones declined as well, and Monty never had anywhere to go either with constant heat behind the line of scrimmage. Stats backed it up with a huge % of yards after contact and by far the lowest time to first contact after snap for the QB and RBs. Protection & run blocking declined hard and fast in 2018. It could be said partially due to Nagy's different scheme, but the tape showed on a weekly basis how he'd miss assignments and get beat 1:1 more times than a starter should.

Wish him the best & applaud the professionalism, but he should've been replaced 2 years ago even despite the $$ owed. THE BIGGEST liability on the field and Bears will be night n day better with Leno & Massie replaced.

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
His decline started in 2017. Jones declined as well, and Monty never had anywhere to go either with constant heat behind the line of scrimmage. Stats backed it up with a huge % of yards after contact and by far the lowest time to first contact after snap for the QB and RBs. Protection & run blocking declined hard and fast in 2018. It could be said partially due to Nagy's different scheme, but the tape showed on a weekly basis how he'd miss assignments and get beat 1:1 more times than a starter should.

Wish him the best & applaud the professionalism, but he should've been replaced 2 years ago even despite the $$ owed. THE BIGGEST liability on the field and Bears will be night n day better with Leno & Massie replaced.
Fair enough and respectable send off. I wanted to keep some perspective. His flaws were less obvious and he was never the pass blocking nightmare that we have suffered from that position at different times in the last 2 decades.

I was on board with throwing the first 2 picks at OT. I am through the roof with the way the draft unfolded. The Bears desperately needed to get tougher and meaner on the line and hopefully they accomplished that.

The_Shadow

Simply a Bears fan
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
After all is said and done. Charles Leno Jr. had a pretty good career just with the Bears. Most 7th rounder never get more than a year or two at best on a practice squad somewhere. Then back to reality and job at Uncle Billy's construction company.

Charles beat all the odds and became a starting LT in the NFL. Made one Pro- Bowl too! His game dropped off after he got paid and married.

Good, bad or indifferent I wish Charles all the best going forward and if he never plays another down in the NFL, he had a better career than most late rounders in his draft class.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
His decline started in 2017.

I never saw him being good to decline from. I don't think of myself as an oline genius but pushing players into the QB should be a big no, just like J'Taco allowing himself to be pushed into the QB should've been. I know that was going on before he got a contract and the Bears claimed our OTs were great instead of saying there was no FAs available to replace them with.
Do I just not notice it until they are bad at the position? I don't think so.
I mean I notice the films of the incoming ones controlling their assignments. I notice Mack beating that control (or being held).

After all is said and done. Charles Leno Jr. had a pretty good career just with the Bears. Most 7th rounder never get more than a year or two at best on a practice squad somewhere. Then back to reality and job at Uncle Billy's construction company.

Charles beat all the odds and became a starting LT in the NFL. Made one Pro- Bowl too! His game dropped off after he got paid and married.

Good, bad or indifferent I wish Charles all the best going forward and if he never plays another down in the NFL, he had a better career than most late rounders in his draft class.

OT on the Bears isn't exactly a 7th rounder making it in the NFL. That's the Bears saying oline isn't important. I bet he's done in the NFL for all intents. He'll be tried elsewhere and fail.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Wish Leno the Best and thank him for his time here, but I am glad we are trying to improve....

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Leno was serviceable but the reality is that only the Bears would bank on a 7th rounder turning into a NFL caliber LT. It just goes to show you how inept the franchise has been when it comes to allocating resources at the prime positions in the NFL.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Leno should do anything he can to play for the Colts. Having Nelson next to him would be the best possible situation for him.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I have to say I have alot of respect for Leno because of this tweet. It was time to move on, but I'll thank him for being a Bear and suiting up every week. Best of luck.

Or a bit of a rationalization. Similar fire to his play though I wish him the best. Leno was also mishandled by Pace. They restructured his deal in 2019 to convert salary to bonus money and kick dollars down the road. That is making us pay extra cap $ without a player to show for it. Leno was also one of Paces early signings to save money and ease the cap. How'd that work out?