Charles Snowden

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So this dude reminds me a little bit of Julius Peppers in how quickly he closes on the ball, whether it's the run or the pass. Now I'm not getting too excited about this first video because he seems to go unblocked a lot.

Watching this game vs NC State, he seems to get stonewalled and blocked a lot.. Actually his tape against NC State in general isn't very good tape at all.

With that being said, maybe there's something that can be developed there.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I'd be patient with evaluating pass rushers. Even the best ones take some time to get acclimated to the league.

I personally loved Trevis Gipson's tape last year, but didn't see him much. Thats not to say he is a flop, because I still have high hopes for him. But that expectations the first few years for late rd/udfa pass rushers shouldn't be to much.

If Snowden is able to make the final team's roster, which I doubt he will, and contributes on GameDay on Special Teams he exceeded realistic expectations.

Caleb Johnson on the other hand will be an Hall of Fame ILB and will supplant Dany Trevatham midseason

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
So this dude reminds me a little bit of Julius Peppers in how quickly he closes on the ball, whether it's the run or the pass. Now I'm not getting too excited about this first video because he seems to go unblocked a lot.

Watching this game vs NC State, he seems to get stonewalled and blocked a lot.. Actually his tape against NC State in general isn't very good tape at all.

With that being said, maybe there's something that can be developed there.
Looking at the first video, I can see him as a special teams contributor. He is very fast for his size.

I will say that I was excited to see him used (once) as a TE. He has the speed that Graham used to have. Long shot, but isn't he already a long shot?

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I'd be patient with evaluating pass rushers. Even the best ones take some time to get acclimated to the league.

I personally loved Trevis Gipson's tape last year, but didn't see him much. Thats not to say he is a flop, because I still have high hopes for him. But that expectations the first few years for late rd/udfa pass rushers shouldn't be to much.

If Snowden is able to make the final team's roster, which I doubt he will, and contributes on GameDay on Special Teams he exceeded realistic expectations.

Caleb Johnson on the other hand will be an Hall of Fame ILB and will supplant Dany Trevatham midseason
If he makes the practice squad or even gets the rookie treatment Roy Robertson-Harris received (stashed away on a reserve) I'll start being intrigued. He has a miniscule chance of making the fifty-three man roster. If the Bears find themselves so banged up at pass rusher that Charles Snowden becomes a realistic roster shot then you'll probably see the Bears dipping their toes into the free agent market around camp cuts.

Still, could be an interested developmental guy if he puts in the work.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Better TE than Holtz. :rolleyes:

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

OMG, here we go again !!! My apologies if that was sarcasm

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

Gipson did not benefit from a normal NFL off season. It’s tough to get acclimated over Zoom. They started to play him toward the end of the year. He’ll be an interesting watch this year.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
he reminds me of Mark Anderson, possible great pass rush but light in the loafers against the run

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
His physical attributes and draft scouting profiles read a lot like Leonard Floyd. Being compared to a top 10 pick sounds well and good, but I have a feeling his rushes will end up looking like Shea's where he couldnt engage/disengage and had to take long loops to the QB that ran him out of the play.

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
He's going to have to get a lot stronger. Julius Peppers was mentioned as a comparison by Aquineas.........Pep...like Mack...was unblockable 1 on 1 due to his ability to simply throw defenders aside. Without that strength, Snowden might look like the rookie Floyd on cough syrup....

He's a "Project."

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Being compared to a top 10 pick sounds well and good

How about a top 10 pick being compared to a UDFA. Pace!!!!!!!!! Tunsil shouldve been the choice.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

I'm really really hoping we see something from Trevis Gipson this year. I was also happy with the pick but he was hurt for a lot of the first 2/3's of the season and showed a little bit later in the year but not enough to be excited about him. Hopefully he put the work in this offseason and we see something from him.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It would be interesting to understand what it was about the Rams system that enabled Leonard Floyd to go there and get 10 sacks. And you know he's going to be amped beyond belief on September 12. Our (potential) starting rookie tackle is going to have his hands full. If I'm the Bears, I do my best to maul the crap out of them.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
he reminds me of Mark Anderson, possible great pass rush but light in the loafers against the run
Hmm.. I don't even know that he's a great pass-rusher. What he appears to be is a fantastic blitzer.