Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
They traded an essentially first rounder for a WR who was going to be cut. This is the Bears way.

What makes it "essentially a first rounder"? It's a second rounder. You over embellish your height too? Are you essentially 5'6 " and three quarters?
The pick is in the 2nd round. A high 2nd. If my Aunt had a dick, she'd be my Uncle but she doesnt so she is my Aunt .

Also he wouldn't be cut this season. Who cuts a 2nd rounder during their rookie contract? He'd simply become a Free Agent after next season.

There's no way you're a doctor!

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
Except the Packers offered a 2nd. So he paid the current market value for the player. Unless your argument is the market had him overvalued in which case you have no idea of that as you have no idea how many teams were willing to part with a 2nd for him.
He's worth more to the Packers than to us. And their 2nd is worth considerably less than ours.

We absolutely should have let the Packers bleed assets for a middling WR if it came to that.

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
I highly doubt it will be. The fans want a WR, the coaches are going for DE, DT....maybe even LB in the 2nd or 3rd.

I like Jack Sanborn like everyone else, but we've seen this story around the league for years. A guy plays outta his shorts for a year then comes down to earth the next.
Drafting an ILB would be stupid as hell.

I don't give a shit what the dumb football guy coaches want. We need to actually invest our assets to give Fields a supporting cast.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
You’re right we should give him another 4 years for full evaluation.
Man 1: Did you like the movie?

Man 2: We barely got by the previews, let me watch it first.

Man 1: Holy fuck! So you need to watch it 4 times before you can answer the question?!?

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'll repeat what I said when he was signed. People can call him a deep threat and whatnot, but on film, I'm actually not seeing him get much separation, vertically or otherwise, and that's still the case. Ironically the most separation I saw him get was on a crossing pattern when he was with the Stealers. I'll also repeat that I do not think he was worth the Bears second round pick.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He's worth more to the Packers than to us. And their 2nd is worth considerably less than ours.

We absolutely should have let the Packers bleed assets for a middling WR if it came to that.
They might pick about 5 to 7 picks behind us. Not sure that qualifies as considerably less

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Man 1: Did you like the movie?

Man 2: We barely got by the previews, let me watch it first.

Man 1: Holy fuck! So you need to watch it 4 times before you can answer the question?!?

Meatballs

BearbaFett

Liked Posts:
What makes it "essentially a first rounder"? It's a second rounder. You over embellish your height too? Are you essentially 5'6 " and three quarters?
The pick is in the 2nd round. A high 2nd. If my Aunt had a dick, she'd be my Uncle but she doesnt so she is my Aunt .

Also he wouldn't be cut this season. Who cuts a 2nd rounder during their rookie contract? He'd simply become a Free Agent after next season.

There's no way you're a doctor!
miami had to forfeit their FRP, so technically the texans' 2nd round pick would be the 32nd and in the 1st round under normal circumstances. if bears are slotted right behind them, that would essentially be as close as you can get to the 1st.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Poles explained it best - The FA WR class is weak and the Bears couldn’t go into the draft hoping they luck into a good WR and having Mooney as the only WR worth a damn.

Claypool is young, has had success in the NFL already, and still has potential to become even better, especially with good QB play. I think it was the right move but I also understand people who say he isn’t worth a high 2nd. For some teams that’s probably true, but for the Bears, it was worth it. I’d be surprised if the Bears don’t trade down and stack more picks, likely at least one additional 2nd rounder minimum

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I'll repeat what I said when he was signed. People can call him a deep threat and whatnot, but on film, I'm actually not seeing him get much separation, vertically or otherwise, and that's still the case. Ironically the most separation I saw him get was on a crossing pattern when he was with the Stealers. I'll also repeat that I do not think he was worth the Bears second round pick.

I don't ever remember anyone saying he was a seperation guy. I thought they said he is a jump ball guy. A big target.

We should definitely all keep tabs on what WRs go in the early 2nd round(1st round if you're a doctor) and compare them to Chase Claypool until the day they retire!

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
They might pick about 5 to 7 picks behind us. Not sure that qualifies as considerably less
It's currently 9 places below ours and that's without accounting for any extra wins they'd get with Claypool.

Will likely be about 10-12 places below ours when you consider the Packers haven't had their bye week yet (and they'll lose tie-breaks in terms of draft position due to their SOS).

I'd say double digit picks qualifies as considerably less.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
miami had to forfeit their FRP, so technically the texans' 2nd round pick would be the 32nd and in the 1st round under normal circumstances. if bears are slotted right behind them, that would essentially be as close as you can get to the 1st.

So a 2nd round pick though? In the Second? The Bears would be picking in that round? Or the first?

Also, did you just gloss over the part wherethe Doc said the Steelers would cut him?

The other day I played the powerball and hit every number but the powerball and two other numbers. Essentially I won 1 billion dollars though.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It's currently 9 places below ours and that's without accounting for any extra wins they'd get with Claypool.

Will likely be about 10-12 places below ours when you consider the Packers haven't had their bye week yet (and they'll lose tie-breaks in terms of draft position due to their SOS).

I'd say double digit picks qualifies as considerably less.
The talent level from where the Bears pick to where the Packers will pick in the 2nd round is negligible at best.

BearbaFett

Liked Posts:
So a 2nd round pick though? In the Second? The Bears would be picking in that round? Or the first?

Also, did you just gloss over the part wherethe Doc said the Steelers would cut him?

The other day I played the powerball and hit every number but the powerball and two other numbers. Essentially I won 1 billion dollars though.

giphy.gif

whatever man...just pointing out facts that may be unbeknownst to you or others here.

really dont give a shit, just carry on.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Give a player a chance, this offense wasn't actually setting the league on fire. You guys are probably 3 minute guys in bed also.
The best 3 minutes of her life dam it!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
wtf are you even talking about, watson missed half the season, he has 9 tds in 1/3 of a season

you're walking yourself out onto the plank with this claypool slobbering, he's not special, he's a big slow possession WR at best

Umm no. He has played in 10 of 13 games. He just sucked ass for the first half of the season. Those games still count. You are sucking him off over 4 games when he sucked for the preceding 6 games and has only had more than 50 yards twice.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Nope he is worth more to us as he can be a long term big target for Fields. This year is to just get him acclimated. He can be a key piece to a young playoff team next year.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

The data says he is good on go routes.

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
The talent level from where the Bears pick to where the Packers will pick in the 2nd round is negligible at best.
Would you rather have Christian Watson or Chase Claypool? Because Watson was picked at precisely where the Bears 2nd rounder is slotted.

And I don't think 10 places is negligible. You'd have to give up a 4th rounder probably to bridge that distance in a trade. That's not negligible.