Cheap Triple Doubles

Liked Posts:
Of JaVale McGee, Andray Blatche, Ricky Davis and Bob Sura (whose video I wasn't able to find unfortunately), which triple double is the cheapest of all?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hADE70REy7k]YouTube - JaVale McGee notches a triple-double against the Bulls[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDzRvZcFn48&feature=related]YouTube - Andray Blatche - The Man Who Just Wanted A Triple-Double...[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MezCclCSjNw&feature=related]YouTube - Ricky Davis Triple Double Ripoff[/ame]

This is hard!

Liked Posts:
These are all bad (I was really wanting to go Andray Blatche just for the desperation and selfish play) but I've got to go Ricky Davis.

Nothing comes close to that. Makes me cringe 8 years later.

Liked Posts:
One year when he was with Golden State, Bob Sura did something like this. He had two triple doubles that year (very bizarre with it being Sura) but one of them was VERY lame.

Does anyone remember this?

Liked Posts:
I'm not as hard on JaVale because he had 12 blocks. If you have 12 blocks I don't care what you do to get that 10th point. You had 12 blocks.

It's considered cheap because Chicago was beating them so bad, so "who cares?" if you have a triple double?

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I also remember Bob Sura's. I actually felt bad for him that the NBA disallowed his third consecutive triple-double.

But Andray Blatche's was the cheapest. That was terrible sportsmanship to keep playing hard when you are up big with only a few seconds to go. Just let the clock run out.

WindyCity7

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
blatche & ricky tie for 1st

i can't tell which is worse asking your opposition to let you get a reb or shooting at your own basket for a reb :thinking:

WindyCity7

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
ramithebullsfan.gif

:rolling:

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
davis and blatche are the worst. mcgee's teammates at least were trying to help him, the other two were just utter crap.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Nice thread. I have to think about this one.

Liked Posts:
Does anyone remember when Strahan had one game to go to get the sack record and in the last minute, Brett Favre took a dive and LET Strahan get the record?

That was really cheap too. I'll bet the previous record holder didn't get any gift sacks when he was playing back then.

It just isn't the same when we manipulate them.

And yes, had that ball gone off the rim, and Yi let Blatche get it, if you're Yi's coach, he's off the team that second, right?

Liked Posts:
Jerry Sloan always has that facial expression by the way (in the Ricky Davis video).

When he's mad. When he's happy.

That's him.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wow...that Blatche one was terrible. Ricky Davis always lives in infamy for that move too. I agree with the tie. Those were both terrible. Sura at least tried to make it look legit. xD Javale's was legit...they were down 20 anyway so whatever, try for the triple double.