CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Fun Fact: Bob Feller, after returning to the MLB from a tour of duty on the USS Alabama, brought the periscope from the ship and placed it in centerfield of wherever the Indians played. The purpose for this? To steal signs.

Seems like baseball has always been shitty.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Fun Fact: Bob Feller, after returning to the MLB from a tour of duty on the USS Alabama, brought the periscope from the ship and placed it in centerfield of wherever the Indians played. The purpose for this? To steal signs.

Seems like baseball has always been shitty.

Well if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Where did you get 8 teams or any other team?
I have not seen anything regarding any specific teams or a specific number of teams.

A co-worker is a huge Astros fan, and I asked him his thoughts on the scandal and he made reference to "now Dave Roberts and Joe Maddon's names have come up", but nowhere do I see any info supporting that claim.

Must be a thing about delusional Astros fans. My brother in Houston won't hear any talk of Altuve and his very, very strange behavior after that HR.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Lol

Attachments

• 82600318_483015409314782_9068590099930808320_n.jpg
    82600318_483015409314782_9068590099930808320_n.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 4

fatbeard

Liked Posts:

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
Heard this on sports radio (not sure where, I was driving to my mother's funeral, lots of stations fade in and out) -- a new team name for the Houston MLB franchise:

The Houston Asterisks.

;)

-Doug

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I have no idea what that poster is talking about, but it's likely other teams were using technology in a similar fashion.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Heard this on sports radio (not sure where, I was driving to my mother's funeral, lots of stations fade in and out) -- a new team name for the Houston MLB franchise:

The Houston Asterisks.

;)

-Doug
They went from Champs to chumps in a hurry!

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
What is this metallic object? WTF!!!! Also interesting Chirinos shoved that thing back in his back pocket for a good 10 thumb pushdowns to ensure it didn't pop out again

Last edited:

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
The League Office report did not say that the Astros were exonerated from any cheating in 2019, it just said there was not sufficient evidence to prove that it did happen last season. Which I take to mean that they couldn't get enough players to 'fess up to last year's cheating schemes. Fiers didn't play for the Astros last year, after all... ;)

-Doug

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
You know, I've been wondering... the cheating the Astros have been doing has been aimed at opposing pitchers, right? To gain an unfair advantage against each and every pitcher they faced at home -- and perhaps, if they had some collusion going in involving a couple of cell phones, could even have done it on the road at times.

And people like Springer and Altuve will be out there at the dish, facing the specific guys they cheated against. Any guess at how many of those pitchers will, at some point, take the classic revenge that pitchers take against hitters who have cheated against them?

I know that the League office declined to mete out any punishment against the cheating players. But it would not surprise me if some pitchers take punishing the players involved into their own hands.

I guess I would just say that Jose Altuve is gonna have some triple-thinking going on in the back of his head the first time he faces Aroldis Chapman in 2020. And no one in the entire sport (including some umpires, I bet) will be upset if a few Astros players get hit in the hands... or the head....

-Doug

TL1961

Liked Posts:
He won't need a trash can lid to know an inside pitch is coming.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
You know, I've been wondering... the cheating the Astros have been doing has been aimed at opposing pitchers, right? To gain an unfair advantage against each and every pitcher they faced at home -- and perhaps, if they had some collusion going in involving a couple of cell phones, could even have done it on the road at times.

And people like Springer and Altuve will be out there at the dish, facing the specific guys they cheated against. Any guess at how many of those pitchers will, at some point, take the classic revenge that pitchers take against hitters who have cheated against them?

I know that the League office declined to mete out any punishment against the cheating players. But it would not surprise me if some pitchers take punishing the players involved into their own hands.

I guess I would just say that Jose Altuve is gonna have some triple-thinking going on in the back of his head the first time he faces Aroldis Chapman in 2020. And no one in the entire sport (including some umpires, I bet) will be upset if a few Astros players get hit in the hands... or the head....

-Doug

I hope Chapman hits him. Not intent to injure but a fastball low straight for his buttocks.

Castor76

Liked Posts:
I think Altuve and Bregman may both get a nice diet of fastballs in the ribs.

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
It's funny, Mike Clevinger made the same comment -- said "It's gonna be pretty uncomfortable for those guys (the Astros) at the plate this year". Stated that pretty much every pitcher in the league knows how to handle it when you find out that someone has been cheating on you.

And in their coverage, the MLB Network analysts stated that they agreed completely, but that NO ONE should talk about it. Said that yes, the Astros, and especially the ones who had been talking shit around the league the last few years, are gonna get plunked in '20. A lot. Understandably so. But if anyone, like Clevinger, talks about their intention to do so, those pitchers will be targeted by the League office and face severe suspensions and fines.

Not for hitting the Astros in retaliation for them cheating. For announcing their intention to do so, and then doing it.

I get that... but I still think the Houston club is going to break a record this year: most team HBP in a season. Altuve, Correa, Bregman and Springer may be racing each other all season for a new individual HBP record, as well.

Just watch.

-Doug